Mangobiche Colombian landrace

Hey @Upstate, on my iMac I click on the pic and then when it opens , click again and it zooms in a lot. No control but you can scroll through it.

3 Likes

I just have a phone. It zooms in when I hit the screen but is too blurry to get details. Thanks tho.

5 Likes

On your phone, you can press and hold the image until the popup menu comes up. Select open image in new tab and it should then allow you to pinch to zoom.

7 Likes

Life altering lol. I can’t believe how simple that was! Thankyou!!! I can see!!! I’m not too tech savy to say the least. I had a flip phone til my wife thru it out two yrs ago. Little did she know my new phone would lead me here… muahhh ha ha ha

8 Likes

Appreciate that. Thanks.

6 Likes

My friend wants to invite you all to follow him on IG, https://instagram.com/condorcannabis

7 Likes

I gave him a follow. Looks like an interesting dude. I think I’d love Colombia

6 Likes

Followed. Looks like a groovy guy. Love the hat. :slight_smile:

:vulcan:

7 Likes

And@ gman. I followed as well. Did you see his corinto? Beautiful structure! He says he has beans. Not sure of what exactly yet but looking forward to finding out. His mangobiche monsters made me drool. Any idea how many Colombian landraces there are? He mentioned another possible strain or I may have misunderstood. Juan something rather? Someone’s name…waiting for a reply from him. Sent message to a really old instagram post. May take a while til he sees it.

6 Likes

@Shadey this is the post I was referring to.

2 Likes

I have no idea yet. I’ve been out of pocket for a couple of days and just catching back up. It seems like @Subjectnumber7 posted a list of strains but I may be mixing that up with someone else. It would be in this thread if he did.

I’ve always been interested in the Mongobiche. I grew a Colombian Gold x Malawi Gold this last year that I’ve enjoyed. It was a super easy growing plant. Best behaved of all I had I think. It finished earlier than I expected as well. So, I’d love to try the MB sometime. peace

6 Likes

Whose malawi did you use?

1 Like

It was made by a European friend. He used ‘78 Colombian Gold x Malawi Gold (afropip hack). I’ll double check tomorrow.

3 Likes

I bet it was wonderful. Was it dreamy or energetic ( or both?)? I picked up that malawi from afropips via rsc. It’s no 1 on my to do list. You any good at growing the looooonnnnng flowering types? That one had to go 100 plus days right?

2 Likes

I would like to try a few. They look awesome!?

2 Likes

@Subjectnumber7 it looks like there’s a lot of interest and so I don’t want to step on toes or anything but if everybody gets taken care of and there’s still beans to go to someone who can start them right away, I would be interested as well! I think I can ring the same sentiment everyone has said and that’s thanks for the opportunity to grow out a beautiful sativa like this! Good vibes coming to you and your generous friend from Northern California!

4 Likes

It’s still curing but it smokes nice. It got seeded by a male I was trying to watch outside before it got busy. But I came home one day as the wind was blowing like hell toward all of my plants and he had other plans. So, buds lose any great smoking characteristics once it starts putting it’s energy towards making those seeds.

I’ll grow more. It actually finished mostly outside but I brought it in to hang out under a light for a while longer. Not nearly as long as I expected. I think he sent me the Malawi Gold, too. I have a seed preservation plan for them and a Lemon Thai he sent me. Then I can have some fun with them.

9 Likes

Hey @GMan. I have a buddy from South Africa who has something he calls, African Haze. I don’t know if anyone’s up for doing a preservation run on this, but I’m pretty sure I can get seeds for it. It sounds like a challenging project, and would require someone with some experience in handling these long flowering sativas, so it’s far too challenging for both for my current setup, and my skill level. Nick’s a good dude, and he doesn’t sell this strain so there’s no friction there. He says it’s not a true Haze, but this is the way he described it to me:

Its origin is a mystery to me. I found it growing inland during a cooler summer that had a very mild winter follow it. It was in flower when discovered & still took 3 months before I cut them down. I selected the best 3, pollinated on site by a male who was left for that reason. Biggest yield I’ve ever seen & the taste/effect of the unseeded plants has had me growing it ever since. It’s hard to grow well with any temperature swings causing wispy buds, it needs light on a scale that makes greenhouse or outdoor serious considerations, probably greenhouse unless your season is steady & temperate.

Everything but the taste screamed Malawi Gold, a tree rather than a plant, several meters of branches, very potent, long growing, massive yields but the classic haze sourness is unmistakable & the effect I know well, a sativa that hits like a cleaver. I’ve worked the line several years with varying success but prefer the original seeds from that queen as I still hope to replicate her (difficult in African conditions & my indoor couldn’t support this monster).

14 Likes

Sounds wonderful. I hope someone wants to try that one! Sounds like it’s worth preserving for sure. Good luck!

5 Likes

Sounds like he found an F1 of a line that got mixed with something foreign. The hybrid vigor explains the higher than normal yield, and why he couldn’t find any plants as good as the originals in the later generations.
Buds it produces are probably crazy.

7 Likes