Mapito " SIMPLY THE BEST " 😍

Hey ya fish

Did you change out the lites?

What uv is that ?

2 Likes

Yes I was using cmh there for abit of heat
But they too big now so on to the LED : )

That’s just a simple Arcadia 14% uvb desert reptile bulb : ) I don’t have 2 foot space above plants in my set up for the powerful migro

4 Likes

I figure it’s less than half the power as migro ( 14% ) so I can get closer to plants

Maybe I just run it twice a long as migro for effect ??? When should I start it and for how long @Drip-n-wet ??? She’s 3 foot long and runs the full length of grow room and I only have 3 inches hight left above them till ceiling so I can’t raise it any further
The reflector / Arcadia fixture is metal too
: )

4 Likes

Heya,
The UVB does look good, peaking at 310nm. The more right you go, the less powerfull the photons are. But … UVB is by far more powerfull than UVA, no doubts.

The reflector needs to be metal, plastic would absorb the spectrum.

At week 5 you can allready start to give 15 min up to 30 mins, mid light cycle.
Towards week 6, upgrade to 1 hour
Week 7 and 8, 2 hours
Always mid light cycle seem to have the best results. But this can change while we have more experience with it.

Take caution, UVB burns the skin. For your health, do not enter the room when its on.
Safety above all right.
1ft up to 1,5 ft above canopy would be a good start.

I use the Migro on lower height than the recommended 2ft …
Sometimes i had 1ft left only.

8 Likes

Thankyou for the insight @eskobar , I’m feelin the good vibes this run : )

3 Likes

Thanks for considering my problems @ifish :slight_smile: . When you say positive pressure, you actually have more air coming in than going out through filter? You don’t have problems with smell? I like your distribution solution, I planned to add it on the floor of my tent. Passive intake through a 100mm pipe is sufficient in winter, but I have a centrifugal fan on standby for summer. Need to source an intake filter and of course make some kind of distribution - I like your solution with drilled plastic manifold!

3 Likes

@Orloff my out take is a 6 inch S&P ( solar Palau )
My intake is 4 inch S&P ( powers manifold ) so although it’s positive intake it’s still less than 6 inch with filter , so negative presure in tent still , so no worry about smell

With positive intake air comes out holes evenly

With passive intake air will come out the shortest and easiest route ie first Couple of holes and not spread evenly

4 Likes

Yeah, makes sense. I have a 5" Prima Klima for exhaust and 4" for intake (not connected right now). Wondering how they will cope in summer. If insufficient, I have an option of going for stronger EC-motor 5" (probably a lot louder…), increasing exhaust to 6" or buying mobile clima unit. I hope to avoid it though, but summer heat waves reach up to 36 degrees C here lately, so… Guess I will find out :).

I always like passive for intake, placed diagonally across exhaust filter and with sufficient mixing fan action, it should be ok…

3 Likes

@Orloff positive intake also prolongs outtake fans life as it doesn’t have to work as hard pulling air in : )

3 Likes

Just waitin on crystal showing then they get the uv
: )

@Esrgood4u
Apart from Calmag etc , my flower nutes are
Elixir high phosphorous 10/50/10 plus elixir 1/2/6 ( flower buddy or tomato bumper food 6/12/36 , I like the tomato bumper crop as I add my own magnesium ) , both equal ec , then at week 5 I top Rez up. With extra pk , then w8 drop the 10/50/10 and pk for just calmag and 1/2/6
Cheap and effective

@Papalag
I also added 5 ml to 10L of rhizo and 10ml to 10L of canna boost too , to Rez , both way weaker strength than recommended just for a little pick me up : )

7 Likes

Yup I remember bruce bugbee saying 1 photon of uvb is equivalent to 100 photons uva…

4 Likes

Are you going to zap the fragile flowers with UVB allready?

3 Likes

@eskobar My pistols have only just elongated two / three days ago so crystals probably two weeks away yet at minimum
I’m just excited and wishful thinking , typical stoner with new toy : )

5 Likes

I need to try uv. California lightworks has a mate to my light it’s about 199 I think but I maybe able to find one cheaper

I’ve been reading about the timing for the uv
I see you need to limit the time you use UV

This stuff is great the plants love it
Thanks for sharing you secrets we won’t tell anyone :rofl:.

Bro you need to make the freezer tincture the one I made is very strong once purged
I turned some of it into oil wow

3 Likes

@Papalag after this run I should have enough for a bubble run and I might make some oil too : )

Yes that rhizo is great haha shhhhhhhh lol

I’m also likin this canna boost too , the combination of both seams good for flower , time will tell , but already within one day of using , my plants started puttin on the crystal and are budding well lol I’ll fire close up bud pics tonite : )

3 Likes

Just a light early dusting for now , but still nice to see : )

STB!

12 Likes

Wow pic #3 frosty bro

3 Likes

Thanks @Papalag , hopin to get the plants dripping this run : )

No smell from the trich rub yet , they still too immature to be producing any smell , soon I’ll get my first sniff of the goodness , won’t be long : )

2 Likes

Looks like I got a nice hawaian sativa leaner ( pic 1 and 2 , same plant )
And a chunkier Laos leaner , pic 3 , with the rest all inbetween , so I touched lucky : )

2 Likes

This girl was lookin pretty so I took a quick pic : )

9 Likes