Maple leaf indica, grow diary and more

I’m not seeing it anywhere that pancake and/or syrup is a common profile for it. I need that to go with my blueberry muffins :rofl:

5 Likes

Now that’s a breakfast I can get down with!

2 Likes

Umm, I’d like some powdered doughnut to go with it now too… I was browsing coastal Mary and stumbled upon “Hash Church” from Natural Born Smoker’s… WTF!?!

4 Likes

It doesn’t smell like maple syrup in my experience. The growers that had been running a pack of sensi seeds regular maple leaf every year since the late 90s said the primary smell is sweet lemon. The plants are pretty uniform in their high and bud production, with varying smells.

I agree with them, both of the females I grew had a sweet but complex melon and citrus smell.

I would describe the smell and flavor of the female I grew as musk melon, cantaloupe, meyer lemon, and baking soda.

Sounds odd, but it’s quite appealing.

7 Likes

Recently I have been told to try a maple leaf instead of a skunk to create a blue skunk. I will take pollen and or seed if I can.

No i didnt but i have a few more beans left. The smoke is thick, makes you cough.

2 Likes

Do you plan on running them soon? If you get a pancake and syrup pheno out of it again, I might just have to order a few seeds myself. Or if you could make s1 of that pheno that would increase the chances of it being passed on

5 Likes

That definitely has a familiar raggedy leaf look like my heavily seeded female:

mine was also very thick greasy smoke that makes you cough. usually my grows come out with smooth smoke that feels light, and has a white color. This makes a thick greasy smoke with a yellowish color, so it is definitely genetic.

I have noticed a lot of the old dutch lines produce a thick hard hitting smoke.

8 Likes

Sensi maple leaf sinsemilla

This is a cut of the same phenotype the seeds were made from.

It makes decent cola / spear shaped buds. The bud is extremely dense and it has good trichome coverage with tiny resin glands. It’s more greasy than sticky.

I left the trim a little shaggy so it would dry more slowly and hold a little more moisture content.
@Donnie @HappyTrees23s @Rhino_buddy @Pawsfodocaws @Jamescoldflame

12 Likes

No Im not going to pop these anytime soon. I could donate them for the maple leaf seeds run

2 Likes

Do you top the plant at all?

1 Like

That would be mixing the lines, but that can possibly bring some vigor or more variation into the mix. However, I’d be more interested in isolating that pancake and syrup :laughing:

1 Like

That’s awesome. I love those greasy Afghanis.

2 Likes

Have you tried Grove bags

No, I don’t do any plant training unless the plants “overgrow” my tents. the candelabra structure is pretty common in afghans.

1 Like

4 Likes

5 Likes

Well the grasshoppers ate this plant up hoping it comes back

4 Likes

Ouch. Keep an eye on daylight hours.

And my Space Dragon also has those scraggely leaves at the end of flowering, a good sign. Makes it easier to decide when to harvest: it ain’t done before the scraggely leaves!

It seems like I have found my “niche” in what traits I like in a strain:
No smell, scraggely leaves when ripe, and vigor out the kazoo!

1 Like

This plant was not harvested it was ate by grasshoppers lol