Mars Hydro Online Chat

Don’t worry… @MarsHydro is stand up!!! I don’t care what anyone says… mars hydro cares about their customers. It’s clear they actually fix issues that may arise… if anyone questions this type of integrity… I’d like to direct you to another thread called :warning: Warning growgreen mi. Abusive company :warning: That’s how a crappy company conducts itself. . @MarsHydro has been very professional and courteous… to imply no one should ever have any issue… is ridiculous. Thank you @MarsHydro for being such a stand up company . In tune with your customers is a #1 in my book!!

2 Likes

Grow lights are important for greenhouse especially in winter, do you know why is the SP series most suitable for greenhouse?

-Optimal light penetration with dense LEDs arrangement
-Slim linear design minimizes shadow on plants
-Excellent heat dissipation longer lifespan of chip

Full spectrum, small and efficient, SP series provides high distributed PPFD and a high light output per fixture, highly recommended as major lighting or supplemental for greenhouses.

4 Likes

Gotta love those SP6500

2 Likes

Damn that’s a serious light!
What’s the PAR readings

1 Like

That light kicks ass, plants are loving it :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :fire: :peace_symbol: :100:

1 Like
2 Likes

Yeah deff a beast !
“Sir Can I please purchase the sp6500 I plan on growing corn and tomatoes this winter” :crazy_face:

Awesome light @MarsHydro

1 Like

TS series as the most popular newbie grow lights, any questions or knowledge you want to know? We will select some common questions and respond in the upcoming LIVE STREAM (EST, 9:30 PM, Nov 10th).

1 Like

I’m wondering if @MarsHydro can explain the lighting specs on these LEDs…

So your 1000 watt equivalent panels are about 900 watts…how is this possible? Further L-E-D, is short for light emitting diode, diodes don’t drawn power, that’s what they do…

So now why is it, that your LED panels (and other brands) which are not supposed to draw power, pull 900 watts from the wall?? Further 100 watt equivalent led bulbs at Walmart draw only about 10-15 watts…that is 10x efficiency, while you panels barely pull 1x efficiency. I thought LEDs were supposed to save power…why buy a led that draws the same power as a 1000 watt HID but produces less light???

Please explain…:roll_eyes:!

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Most actual power draw 1000w leds have a ppf upwards of 2500umol most DE hps produce around 2000umol. Mars biggest light is 800w with a ppf of 2260. The smaller board lights and this goes for lots of brand not just mars naming conventions take wattage multiply by 10. It does make shopping for leds the first time confusing, but I think it’s mostly a carryover from regular lighting like how a 6watt led bulb will in much larger print say 60w.

Either way mars lights are solid, I really like my fce4800, it performs a bit better than a 600w hps and its spectrum puts out better flower than the cheaper similarly specced led(samphon 480)I run next to it.

3 Likes

Buy Mars Hydro all-in-one grow tent kits Get a New smart power strip iHub for $49. Automate your home garden in a moment!
Shop Now: Mars Hydro Grow Tent Kits

4 Likes

Now that’s pretty nice right there. I like that you used green lights on the panel. Should not affect the plants if placed inside the tent. Or so I’ve heard.

4 Likes

That’s pretty cool @MarsHydro, it still shows as $89.99 on your site and says product pre orders are expected Nov 30. It also only seems to allow shipping to USA?

2 Likes

It will not affect the plants when placed in the tent.

2 Likes

It’s only 49.99 when you buy the grow tent kit. iHub is now only available in the US, other countries will have to wait a while before it’s available.

1 Like

That makes sense, thanks @MarsHydro. I would like your post but I am not allowed for another 41 min :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can do that. lol

Still these numbers don’t add up. I fail to see the usefulness of LEDs for the home grower…however with spectrum tuning of the LEDs…that would be useful. It just that as advertised they seem mostly like the next gimmick…T5s are designed to run on 240 volt making the bulbs 110watt and can be further adjusted to increase light intensity up to 600volts (300 watts)…this provides all the home grower need, for commercial grows hids are used and run at 240+ volts…

The only benefit the LEDs have over T5s is there ability to change the light spectrum and I haven’t yet seen grow lights that do this. Unlike T5s which can be run at varying voltages LEDs run best at a fixed voltage…cost wise LEDs just don’t seem to cut it unless they can provide custom spectrum tuning.

You’re not looking hard enough. My 100w high end LED is twice the light my 100w fluoro is.

3 Likes

These just aren’t happening for me. It would be much easier and useful imo, to use the RBGW led bulbs you can get over these LEDs boards…I think that LEDs will soon be replaced with something like a solid crystal display (SCD vs LCD). That’s enough gimmick factor there for anyone…maybe they’ll let the public get ahold of the old LCD lights :wink:.

Purple :purple_heart: Haze