Mass Medical Shutting Down

Hopefully if people ignore this long enough, it will all fade away.

2 Likes

Hes pupilfam at zlabs

4 Likes

As much as Riot is kind of a POS, and I wouldnā€™t buy his gear, thereā€™s a couple of rats in the scene on instagram who have been compiling his old forum posts and sending them to law enforcement.
two of them are fairly ā€œwell knownā€ breeders as well and one has been in the community for some time.
scene is kinda goofy right now

12 Likes

D-A-M-N!!!..remind me NOT to engage with THAT crowd!!! Itā€™s bad when you upset others to the point they transform into ā€œlittle bitch-boisā€. The hurt must run deep to run to ā€œthe manā€. Iā€™ll pass on that scene. Everyone, stay positive, safe and, be well.

15 Likes

Turning them in to law enforcement on what base? Illegal grow would be whacked if heā€™s a ā€œcommercial breederā€, unless thereā€™s actual trademark/patents on their genetics or using the name, itā€™s plant breeding. Even the patented plants I bought (blueberries/blackberries/raspberries) it specifically says the asexual reproduction of the plant is prohibited without license, but you can breed and make crosses with them. Then again, patents of that type would be issued to ā€œelite cutā€ type cultivars, while trademarks would prob be used for names and crossing of specific seeds.

1 Like

WOW, That Z-Labs page is interesting.
Like a bad acid trip. :laughing:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

wow the darkside

1 Like

Definitely wrong and not OK. People can be assholes, POSs, and for me, I would even forget a theft of my seed money, and would not think it OK to rat someone out to law enforcement. We are usually pretty good at self policing. If someone isnā€™t filling orders, it wonā€™t be long, and no one will be buying their gear. The only thing Iā€™ve every had with Riot gear is, for me, it has really low germination rates.

4 Likes

From what I understand one still can not trademark or patent cannabis because it is still illegal Federally.

One can claim a ā€œcommon law trademarkā€ but these are the weakest. This would be where you had been using a tradename for a long time, and felt you had a Common Law right to it. These are designated with Tm.

One can get a ITU trademark. It is an ā€œintent to useā€ You file these if you believe it will be legal Federally soon, and you want to protect the name. ITUs last for 6 months, and they can be renewed up to 3 years.

3 Likes

Its just another cannabis cultivation forum like this one. Less traffic and less drama. Its associated with glg seed bank. Quite a few of the breeders at glg are on there.

1 Like

The US dept of HHS has one! LOL

https://uspatent6630507.com

https://patents.google.com/patent/US6630507B1/en

2 Likes

Right, not till itā€™s federally legal. There are patents on specific industrial hemp, but nothing recreational is recognized or enforceable. There may be state level trademark or something in the medical community. Some states requiring seeds be purchased through them or even through their seed bank that tracks seeds. Maine has some dealing with seed to sale labeling/tracking of recreational medical licensed grows, I donā€™t know what that means to the personal growers, or how they can track and enforce plant labeling when they can be cloned.

1 Like

I donā€™t know the specifics; Riot had a couple posts on IG this week kind of explaining the situation that are now deleted and he had said he was facing charges due to it.

He wasnā€™t releasing any names but basically confirmed who it was when other people were guessing in the comments.

1 Like

Really too bad. I would not wish that on my worst enemy. Could really ruin someones life.

5 Likes

Can you elaborate on that? I have been watching a few meme posts recently from prominent guys alluding to other breeders snitching, but I take anything Riot says with a massive grain of salt. He could say the sky is blue and Iā€™d have to look outside to confirm. I have no dog in the fight, just wanted some clarification on what happened. Something to do with Karma or something? I canā€™t fathom why though, Karma is successful, old timer, and respected, heā€™d have no reason to get in the mud with other breeders unless thereā€™s a lot more to the story.

All these guys post this stuff about other guys snitching, but when I ask for the lowdown scoop I get the runaround. Some people consider outing snitches to be a form of snitching itself, which I donā€™t agree with.

8 Likes

Instagram is such a shit show. It reminds of the school lunchroom.

14 Likes

lol I wonder if tomato breeders are also constantly embroiled in IG drama.

ā€œhe jacked my brandywine hybrid and renamed it!ā€
ā€œheā€™s selling F2ā€™s of my Black Krim!ā€
ā€œhe snitched on my under the table uncertified salsa business!ā€

24 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m not entirely sure on the what the deal is, Matt wouldnā€™t spill anything; saying it would get him in more legal trouble, but people in the comments were mentioning Karma and Oni.

Riot definitely has a big mouth, I only really follow him because Bodhi holds him in pretty high regard but Iā€™m even less of a fan of anyone snitching.

Like I said I went back to check the posts again they had been deleted

All seems pretty silly really

6 Likes

Yeah, airing out snitches is supposed to be obligatory.
Along that same line of thinking ā€“ there are people who claim itā€™s possible to snitch on a cop, which is just utter nonsense. A police officer turning in bad cops isnā€™t a snitch, heā€™s literally doing his job.

11 Likes

100%

I do worry that people can pretty much call anyone they donā€™t like a snitch and a lot of people will go along with it, though. IDK, less of a thing now that itā€™s legal (for the most part). At least with Rez actual court documents were posted.

I have no idea where Riot lives but if someone told the cops a guy in another state is growing weed and selling freakinā€™ seeds I assume they wouldnā€™t give a heck.

IDK, none of this debacle tracks at purely at face value with limited facts, though there is certainly more to the story.

5 Likes