Mass Medical Shutting Down

To the supposed snitches, don’t you realize you are only hurting yourself and the community in the end!
What, you think they would stop at M Riot!?

Smh, nah, they will take their time and scoop up as many peps as they can. In the end it will come back and hurt everyone.
Just keep yer mouth shut and all is good! :+1:

5 Likes

This thread sums up all the reason I have never bought seeds. I went decades with just my bag seed plants. Many thanks to @Blowingupjake and @monkeyman , if it was not for those two wonderful and kind people, I’d still be growing my decades old plants only.

14 Likes

The first and only seed purchase I’ve made so far is from our respected BOG. That was just recently on the group buy. There are many “old school” strains I’ve always wanted in the past, before I stopping growing 12-15 years ago. The high price and international shipping always put me off. Now getting back into it, I find all these complaints about modern “breeders”, along with all these new strains that I have never heard of. All just to get in on the green rush without having to deal with trademark and license issues. Until it’s federally legal and they get some agricultural standards, people can make and sell what ever they want for crosses. Honestly with the way things are now, at least they are giving the original breeder of the parents credit by Listing lineage. Even if it’s banking off the hype over other people’s strains, there’s no patent/trademark/license requirements currently.

6 Likes

Karmas a mother fucker. Riot made fun of another grower (who wouldn’t give him cuts) for getting busted.

1 Like

He’s just the worst. I wouldn’t wish getting busted on anyone, but I ain’t losing any sleep over it either lol.

The type of man to name a cross “cokehead slut” tells me everything I need to know about the dude. Brass knuckles like he’s some sort of toughguy. He’s just a total asshole. Not saying he might not occasionally make something good; anyone can make good seeds. It’s much easier than people act like it is.

That, and his scamming ways. $500 “skunk spray” RKS seeds that no one apparently took an pictures of lol. He and ITC genetics are probably my least favorite people in the community.

MMS is just some savvy rich kid who believes his own bullshit. Bad, but he’s not a total asshole.

11 Likes

I cant stand the guy I think its because everyone cries around about stealing and renaming genetics and pictures yet he gets a pass. I just don’t get it.
Apparently the RKS seeds he sold were given as Afghani from someone on ICMAG. Riot just renamed it.

As for MMS i was one of the ones fooled by him. When I 1st found him in 2015 on IG I thought he was the shit, but there was something about him something deep down in me was telling me he’s bull shitting. What put me off him was him raising his prices after he said he wanted to keep seeds affordable. Then he starts breeding with cookie and TK after talking a whole lot of shit about them. Idk but the dude is clearly BSn everyone.

I will say this i ran eastcoaster lamb by MMS it was 12/12 from seed and I loved it lol. But ill never buy another pack of his work again.

10 Likes

I kept an eye on Matt because of Bodhi as well but his cocky attitude always rubbed me wrong. Definitely likes to hide behind the “I can get in trouble legally” shield as well. Karma is just like Bodhi. Well respected amongst the other breeders and finds a reason to like everyone but also stay away from drama.
To add my 3 cents, I knew MMS was a scammer the moment I heard that dumbase voice changer, like what you have to hide bro? Lol

5 Likes

I followed him initially because he did work with the magoo (hell I thought about buying some myself at one point when I had bad collectoritis) but I got weird vibes and unfollowed when I read his like 800 word essays on describing the “high” like it was some exotic drug lol. When this all came out I’m like “ahhhh makes total sense”.

7 Likes

I agree. Unless there’s proof I just can’t see someone as respected, actually busy with projects, and successful as Karma giving 2 shits about Matt Riot. Not his style at all…it just like…doesn’t track.

Karma isn’t even from the USA haha what did the cops get a call from Europe “uh this guy Matt is making weed seeds”.

4 Likes

I love the way you do things. Bagseeds and Miracle-Gro, successfully and effectively.

We could all take a page from your book and just simplify.

11 Likes

Wow…thank you for the kind words.

6 Likes

Agreed with vernal on this. Up until about two years ago it was bagseed for me every time. Since I got a chance at a legal biz in MA , where this guy lives I jumped into buying seeds. But I’m glad I did because it’s allowing me to know what the state is up to. And I gotta say I kinda was not super surprised. Most folks in it now are my age and learned from the capitalist in the state how to exploit people. Always be aware your prey from some even if the face seems like it evangelic. I could tell you the fun of the inner circles here but the folks at make a buck wouldn’t like that lol

8 Likes

But , but fire on the gram bro …

4 Likes

Some of the newer strains are legit, though. The gems are hiding out there. I see it sort of like music. Everyone listened to classic rock as the popular music in the 60s-70s (and it was good). Now there is way more music, but the hyped-up stuff is usually the worst of it. It looks great on instagram, but the best music is buried in a bullshit cacophony. In the western world, the Cannabis scene has had a similar trajectory. There was a limited pool of genetics in wide circulation in the 80s and 90s and everyone knew the hits. Now the genepool has sort of blown up with increasing legalization. There are great new things out there, but too much for any single person to sort through. This also makes it more difficult to have common concepts for what is “good” since people are exposed to such different frames of reference.

16 Likes

Are you guys talking about “Mind Riot” ? Im curious because I am pretty sure thats who brought me to OG from RIU and Icmag. Also got some ssdd f2 from him. Seemed really nice, nut could be someone different

Matt Riot is who they are referring too

2 Likes

when tomato seeds go for 3 to 5 hundred prolly

2 Likes

Dead on accurate.

Dudes tryna retire off a few plants worth of seeds. Asinine.

Frankly, I am shocked the seed bubble hasn’t cratered yet.

9 Likes

couldn’t agree more…very amused by these recent threads on “breeder ethics”…the ethics of charging the cannabis community 10 to 15 bucks for a seed? Love to see the “breeders” criticizing each other - the more successful ones don’t want their racket exposed. Don’t see much difference w/ Dynasty - collecting clones off the underground community and crossing them and then charging $12 for a seed

I’ve got a friend here in Mass. who has spent years developing his own outdoor sativa that does well in our climate and grows a big batch of clones every spring and gives them to anyone who asks at the end of May. They are the most impressive outdoor plants I’ve ever seen in person in terms of bud quality and yield - needless to say I’ve put in a request for this spring! :smile:

20 Likes

Been going strong since the 80’s now, and the seed thing isnt ever going to pop now, it’s gonna be like Instagram for our kids when they go to pick beans out. All clout no stout.

3 Likes