Example of high priced seeds

Example:
Minntz by Seed Junky “JealousyBX1” Jealousy x kushmints x jeaslousy ^^^^ Cost $1,250 for 12 Female Seeds (Get Seeds Right Here (company name) at Strainly (sellers fourm) Are they worth it ??? ( Have to save a few days to purchase them !!!)

12 Likes

IMO no ten pack is worth even remotely that much but there are plenty of people who buy into that kind of hype unfortunately so the practice doesn’t seem like it will go away anytime soon.

Once people grow/make their first seeds most realize how big of ripoff artists these people actually are considering how many seeds can be made from 2 small plants let alone a room. It’s almost like they only pollinate half of a branch to make it as limited and “exclusive” as possible and to make the price sky high.

Personally I avoid most “limited” things with a ten foot pole. If a breeder doesn’t even have pictures of the line and only the parents that’s a big red flag for me.

54 Likes

Do they grow a money tree? Do you know anything about this strain, or this company, or anything at all that would make it worth that much more to you than the seeds you might get from Mark on Strainly at $80 for 100? :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Frenchy Cannoli Laughs in Heaven… Hell No

Been all over the planet, unless bezos or musk bring it from space, I most likely smoked it.
Nothing is that different. Now peyote is a party for Indigenoous Peoples, and chewing Coca leaves is a Columbian field workers Monster Energy, but no set of trichomes are that valuable…unless your outta stash

34 Likes

Nah, those one’s really aren’t worth it. I have a super-limited pack of Superliminal for $1,220 if you’re interested.

I guarantee it will give you at least 10/12 keepers. No joke. It’s part of a series of Bespoke Cannabis Genetics, where each piece is truly one of a kind, never to be recreated or sold elsewhere.

You’d be the sole owner of the line.

30 Likes

Seed junkies expensive ass genetics hermed on two different strains. Their genetics are flawed and should never go what they go for. Waste of a shit ton of money. I repeat you will get herms!

34 Likes

Nope not worth it. For the $ you could get a Jealousy clone and save 700. I wouldn’t buy anything Cookie fam and all the hype crews that try to ride that coat tail. They don’t care about patients. All they care about is $, Fame and their Brand.

15 Likes

Fuck NO! Stay the hell away from seed junk. Check out my my seed junky bully kush thread. 8 out of ten hermed between 2 different growers. Zero customer support with them. You are way better off spending 100 and getting some tony green gear. Tony’s stuff is dank and you are guaranteed a solid product.

48 Likes

“They don’t care about patients” - Caused Michigan LARA to change laws… Rec Is Cool, But Big Money Corps in it Suck

8 Likes

True true!

14 Likes

Unless you got $100 bills burning holes in your pockets, why waste your money? Seriously, there’s MUCH fire available for $100 or less, and PLENTY on here that are given away.

I’d rather spend $1100 on some badass lights and $100 on the seeds…

Exclusivity is vanity, and frankly $100 kickass seeds will compete with $1200 seeds for sure…

Only exception I might have is if you had a 100% guarantee on some long out of production building block / land race that hasn’t been grown in 30 years and has no hybridization but was dank AF back then. And then its only for someone with the ability to make more and perpetuate the line / use it to build their own line. The avg grow for your own smoke grower doesn’t need that…

28 Likes

when i ended up with 1k+ of seeds from 3 two foot plants is when i realized most seed packs are overpriced. there are only two ways a seed pack is worth more than $100 - rarity or work. most rarity in this business is done on purpose, and most of the work is a lie.

24 Likes

As someone who has chucked pollen, I can understand why some prices may be higher with some strains. Some mothers simply do not make a lot of seeds. And that would all come down to economics. That plant used the same space, food, and electric as the next “seed dumper”. I’ve ran a lot of seeds, but will tell you this. I have found more keepers in Strayfox gear than most breeders packs. Hands down. And those packs are like 50-60bucks for regs. So you absolutely can buy the high dollar packs, but it really isn’t necessary. It’s all about growers preference in the end. No matter what you decide, remember, it’s an investment. Some investments pay off, some don’t. Happy growing!

18 Likes

The most I’m looking to pay is $100 for a 10pack, they’re seeds, yes breeding takes work and time but at the end of the day they’re still seeds and there’s no guarantee(in fact I’d say it’s highly unlikely) that the $1000+ pack is gonna produce higher quality flower because once you reach a certain quality level it’s not about which strain is better but which you(or your market) prefer.

9 Likes

@hawkman
At that price you could buy multiple elite cuts, why bother with a $1200 cookie chuck :laughing:

17 Likes

I heard yrs were put into
Pine tar

6 Likes

Jacalyn is a 25yr IBL, and its been given away here.

14 Likes

Thanks ! with so, so many breeders now days it’s hard to get ooutstanding gear !! That’s what nice to be a member of this site - can get “real” information about breeders/strains Consider spending at least $50.00 - $100.00 easy on a pack`

3 Likes

making a hybrid money tree it grows gold coins !!! let you know when the "clones’ are available

2 Likes

Nicely put !!! Agree — but perfer “feminized” which are a bit more pricey

4 Likes