MAYBERRY (BLUE STAR S1) M-22 Breeders cut

end of week four from transplant.

i have two going so i will show both.

i’m about to flower them.

11 Likes

Wow that’s looking great :+1:t2: and I agree it’s just ready to go bonkers LoL but Happy Growing The Doc

2 Likes

see were Blue Collar has some collaborations - fems _ sorry can’t remember the collaborating breeder

end of 5 weeks since transplant. 5 days into flower.

plants A and B

they spent the first 2 weeks with 5000k only, the second 2 weeks with 38.5 % 2700k, and the last 5 days with 66% 2700k bulbs.

the reservoirs are running around 1000 ppm or ec2 at 5.9-6.0 ph.

no solution has been removed from the system. input only since day 1.

i have just cleaned up the bottoms and removed some large fan leaves.

other than that not much has been done to them.

this plant is a grower’s dream in that it shapes beautifully without any help. it seems to want to grow bush style, which is the ideal type for indoor.

stem rubs are now loaded with aroma. my wife says that she can smell the blueberry already.

12 Likes

hi, hawkman! this is not from blue collar. this is from Bluestarseedco.com

josh blue is the breeder and i think he’ll be along here shortly.

i do know that he collaborates with dj short @oldworldgenetics and his son, jd @secondgenerationgenetics

6 Likes

thanks for the information !!!

1 Like

Good news when the boss says she can smell the blue already!

5 Likes

today is end of week 6 since the transplant and the 12th day of flower.

pictures are:

plant A overall and canopy. readings from it’s reservoir.

plant B overall and flower.

no solution has been removed from the system, only input. showing 990 ppm and 5.8 ph.

i;m still not doing much to the plants except popping off large fans blocking light to bud sites.

i want to remind everyone that both of these plants are being grown under 840 watts of walmart’s finest screw-in led bulbs.

still 40 2700k and 20 5000k bulbs in each.

looking at plants A and B you can see that plant B has more branches and a tighter structure. it is what i call a “busy” plant.

i caused the tighter structure on plant B by giving it too much overall light in early veg.

both plants were getting the same spot readings at the top dead center but
B was getting almost twice the total wattage if that makes sense.

it probably will not yield as much as i have had to remove a lot more material from it.

the A plant is shaped better. it has spread out better.

so i have to apologize to josh@bluestarseedco.com for messing up the plant.

in retrospect, both were flipped too late to grow them as a compact bush. i should have flipped this plant at 3 weeks instead of 30 days.

next time!

please reverse plant A and B for the right pics, for some reason they uploaded out of order.

probably operator error!

btw, it stinks real good!

12 Likes

Very nice, love the clean setup

4 Likes

There are no mistakes my brother. Only learning and improving from what we learned. They are going to produce some extremely aromatic head stash quality in your care.

11 Likes

time for the weekend update. yesterday was the end of week 7 and 20 days into flower.

these shots are just one plant and a day late because of the holidays.

your are looking at a plant that is receiving about 1350 umols of light for 12 hours each day.

which is about 58.32 moles per period.

still no solution removed, only input.

ya’ll have a good un!

i forgot to mention that you don’t have to rub stems anymore, the whole room smells like it.

Attachments

10 Likes

If it were me, I would remove everything below the net. Put more energy into those tops. Looking really good though

4 Likes

you mean like i did these?![image_411019|666x500]

(upload://5URRrVaPrQl1LguKNAm3PhXPTV3.jpeg)

18 Likes

the above work was done in oregon from 2013-2018.

this was my last effort using hps. these were produced using sunlight supply ac/de’s with philips greenpower bulbs.

you are looking at 2.5 to 4 lb plants

grown using a system that i invented known as the “PPK”

the plants i’m growing here now are in versions of the PPK.

it is a flow pattern rather than a defined build.it can be built huge or tiny.

the rooms in oregon had 49 lights.

i see i adroitly managed to put up two identical shots. i don’t know how to edit the pics on this site yet

9 Likes

these are from my first effort with leds.

the plant is purple mesa cbd. this one tested at 18%.

the facility is 10k sq ft.

i designed, supervised the buildout, and then trained their personnel to operate the system.

i was the director of operations for this facility for 3 years.

the main flower room was 6000k sq ft. the rows were 60 ft long and there were 10 rows.

25-30 lbs per week.

it is an all PPK facility with automated everything.

19 Likes

I didn’t mean to offend by what I said. Hard to tell who has experience on here. Why I usually just keep my opinions to myself

5 Likes

no buddy, i do not get offended, i can’t even be offended. i love everybody and want to help anyone who’s interested grow their own medicine.

i am a 72 year old cancer and liver transplant patient who had the transplant 13 years ago.

i have been cancer free since then and this amazing plant helped me through a lot of suffering and hard times.

no one really knows me and my history on this site and i understand that.

so me putting up these pics is just an introduction!

i’ve been growing 26 years and have done every form of hydro except for aeroponics.

i don’t do dirt! how repugnant!

if you or anyone else has any questions fire away! i help people as a form of payback to all the people who helped me when i first started.

19 Likes

Great photos of your older grows @delta9nxs
I’d imagine you likey make your own strains mostly. Any one particular strain you can’t live without, that for sure kills most of the pain?

5 Likes

Mmmmmm Oregon Indoor, looks like a real good time. :100: :fire: :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

well, when i first started growing i really didn’t know how much longer i would live.

there was a point where it looked like the tomatoes i had just planted had a longer life expectancy than i did.

so i focused on growing.

i started with hydro and there was a steep learning curve in the old days because of a lack of information.

i got past the most threatening part of the illness and was fascinated with the science.

i had just come off of a 20-year career as live marine specimen collector and shipper.

key west, puerto rico and the virgin islands.

i built all of my salt water holding facilities and understood fish keeping and water chemistry so hydro was the obvious choice for me.

i became so involved with hydro that i realized there was a better way to do it than all of the normal techniques. so, 13 years ago, right after my transplant surgery, i sat bolt upright, my eyes wide open, and said something to the effect of “holy mother of humpbacks”.

that’s when i came up with the basic flow pattern for the PPK.

and that’s what it is, just a flow pattern.

so it slowly caught on and i became more and more involved with refining it to the most direct, simple form.

long-winded explanation of why i never started trying to create new strains.

i have studied textbooks on genetics and while working at the hemp facilty they asked me to produce 200,000 feminized hemp seeds.

i used 48 female plants of one strain and treated them with silver thiosulfate, recovered the pollen and then used that on a different hemp strain to make 48 huge plants full of seeds.

we had a high germ rate in the greenhouse and a successful outdoor crop.

but it’s not my thing. i am fascinated by the biology of this plant. hormonal signaling, responses to light, synthase prioritizing, and routing. enhancing cannabinoids and terpenes.

and lastly, i know a great breeder who has spent most of his adult life learning about and practicing the art.

no matter how hard i try i will never be as good as he is.

but, i am the hydro guy.

for pain relief, i highly recommend the purple mesa strain i showed above.

https://bidiolax.com/product/purple-mesa-cbd-hemp-flower-cultavaris-hemp/

and i very likely grew the product they are selling right now in the facility shown above.

cultivaris was one of our wholesale clients.

Genetics — Purple Mesa Genetics is the seed source.

for thc there are too many to mention but i think josh blue, the breeder of the plant i’m showing here, has some really great strains.

i won’t mention any names to protect the guilty but we are dealing with a bunch of, shall we say, less-than-honest seed breeders that just keep popping up out of the woodwork with no real history.

you won’t have that concern with josh.

if there are any hydro heads here i would be happy to start a thread on the PPK system.

i

12 Likes