Mazar I sharif ( real seed company)

Rasoli. Afgan mix. Kalamata red. Thai, trukey, paki, and a few others that escape my mind atm

7 Likes

I’m not sure , if they have selected for specific traits then yes but if they are doing open pollination most likely not , I haven’t seen a lot of documented grows of this line.

8 Likes

They mention open pollination and I assume the only selection would be to remove intersex plants. So a later generation might be a bit more sexually stable.

7 Likes

I dont believe they do any selecting. They always warn you of intersex traits. I feel rsc is more for people on the hunt than people just wanting to grow a few plants for good herb.

7 Likes

It does makes a lot of sense, maybe worth a try, i remember buds clearly and definitemy skunk related :joy:

2 Likes

I’m sure these are legit. The Mazar rsc has now are probably reproductions of the original rather than a new collection. These massive plants learn a little more about their new living conditions in containers each indoor reproduction and they begin to behave differently. Exciting to see Mazar from before the change.

14 Likes

Okay, I guess I will have to pick some up, eventually, though I don’t really do hash anymore.

Yeah, they were nice, really big both tall and full. Didn’t do much to them except water them and give them some food every so often. They literally “grew like weeds” :rofl:

5 Likes

I have tried it 10 years ago outdoor in Oceanic climate lat 47
Harvested in mid december under the rain
no mold
one of the strongest weed i have grown
Very good genetic

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing with us. I’ll be glued. Is it a sativa type like Malana, or the indica bush? Isn’t Mazar-i-sharif in a different area of the country from Malana (Mountains).

Sending good vibes for the grow! peace

2 Likes

Yes mazar is closer to Uzbekistan and Malana is in the mtns of India, about a 24 drive apart. Peshawar is 12 hours from mazar and your barely getting into Pakistan.
The mazar is a larger longer flowering plant then most Afghans , around 10-11 weeks, I’m going to of course be making some more seeds of it in pure form but will also be crossing it to og kush and maybe a few other things.

16 Likes

I made it ! Sorry I’m late, takin a seat !

colbert-popcorn-popcorn

4 Likes

Tuned in! MIS was in my old seed vault (stolen like 15 years ago), so I’m very interested to see what could have been.
I bless this grow with the headiest of Heady Bear vibes!

4 Likes

This is going to be a nice one.I Iove to see people work with lesser known varieties and preserve them.That one might be that building block for the next OG good luck :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I already have a plant I’m convinced could be and this is part of a project aimed at putting it in seed form.
My grape rebellion is swerves sfv og kush crossed to a old heirloom skunk plant I have from NorCal.
The skunk is not rks it’s earthy musky acrid kushy terps. The sfv og kush is home grown Fanta seeds Afghan crossed to sfv og and then back to sfv og.
As far as I can tell there Afghan was the same Afghan#1 that has been in the Dutch scene for a long time. Looking threw many many pictures the only Afghani line it realy looks like is the mazar I sharif or something similar. If anybody has any knowledge of what the old Afghan#1 was I’d like to know. Some think it was simply northern lights #1 which would be Steve’s afghani x nevils mazar, I don’t remember exactly what Steve’s afghani was rumored to be besides a pre Soviet Afghan possibly a Kandahar.

12 Likes

I’m really excited to see these flowered. Tapping in for the grow!

9 Likes

Will have updated pictures soon , waiting for them to get past there unimpressive seedling stage :grin: but looking good so far.

11 Likes

Mazar type Afghanis are a hybrid of Northern Sativas from Uzbekistan, Tajikistan (and I’d assume N Afghanistan) and the short, broadleaf highland Afghan kush plants we are all familiar with. Locals prefer hash from the latest ripening phenotypes. Many areas of Afghanistan now have their own Mazar cultivars. It’s a very popular landrace and it really makes its way around the country.

11 Likes

That one( Mazar) IS a building block of most OG kush out there. Most big kush look identical to a big Mazar

7 Likes

I’ve been curious:
I say Mazar as “may-zar”, but I’ve never actually heard the word pronounced.
What’s correct?
And actually I’d like to know about the “I” as well…ee, ih, or aye?

2 Likes

Muh- zar as in…muh damn dog ate muh weed lol.

12 Likes