MBV’s Cannagar Tutorial/Discussion

Looks like good work to me!

1 Like

What is your method of packing the weed down in the mould? Like my issue was I couldn’t pack it right enough til I basically hammered it compressed :rofl:

Your method must be better. That said I am going to make a new press for my next attempt. First try was a learning curve.

1 Like

I use a thick skewer and the flat end to pack around the skewer in the mold. You could use a small long bolt or ideally try to find a rod with a hole the size of the skewer that you pack down. Also don’t put too much in at a time as it won’t pack as well.

5 Likes

This was very useful…

Thanks

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see your efforts mate they’re tricky buggers!

1 Like

Alright round two. First was a fail. @Explorer wanted to see these fan leaves used. So here we go :blush::v:

12 Likes

@Mongobongo how did it come out?

3 Likes

Fail. Fail and fail. This is one of those things that i struggle with hahah I will be victorious one day.

5 Likes

I’m very much in the same mindset it’s not gunna beat me but there is definitely a fine method to it :rofl:

3 Likes

Making a cannagar with this 3D printed mold i bought on eBay.

Lemon Butter by Cannarado grown by @MadScientist

New press/mold, with packer tool!

The already packed mold… Took 10grs.

Leaves curing for the wrapping.

This time will use the leaves dried in a book but they aren’t flaky or brittle, nothing… Actually nice even dried and flexible, which is really cool.

Wish me luck peeps, first cannagar ever!

Sci :robot:

11 Likes

Where did you get that cool mold from?

3 Likes
5 Likes

Well that site is cool.

Yo @Mongobongo, i got it at eBay for 39 bucks.

Get one man! They are the shit!

7 Likes

Very gracious for the link might go buy me one of those :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Yes that is a nice mold and good packer. It beats using the blunt end of skewer to pack as it does it uniformly whereas I have to keep packing around to try to do it uniformly. Thanks the for link.

2 Likes

Hello @MBVapester,

Sorry to hijack your thread, but i think the various experiences enrich the subject, the end result, BTW.

How the core came out the press, and it was there for a mere 5 hours i guess.

I flattened the leaves with a roller before storing in the book!

Many videos on YT made me choose this way of rolling.

Beautiful as they sell them on the shelves, if i do say so myself…

Used 12gr of sticky Lemon Butter flowers, 0.5mL of Gelato distillate oil and the leaves were dried for like 5 days in the book and then i just rolled them, prolly got chlorophyll but hey, getting there…

Hope you love it as much as i do!

20 Likes

Absolutely no apology needed. This is a learning community and thread and you are a master contributor.
:v: @MadScientist and thanks for the contribution.
Looking good!

8 Likes

What size gauge is that press?

1 Like

Dual chamber bro, 32 gauge for pressing and 36 gauge for curing once wrapped…

5 Likes