MBV’s Cannagar Tutorial/Discussion

So the raw tube wasn’t a good idea. It went very short and stout. Should still work but next time I need something thinner and longer.

I warmed up my oil with some hot water to make it mailable

First layer complete. I feel I used a lot of oil :joy::v:

This could go down as the worst cannagar ever haha

13 Likes

Lol mines really short now too after ramming it down almost daily I’ve got some big leaves supposed to be comin today from my mate so fingers crossed I’ll have some pics of mine :sunglasses:

4 Likes

But your next one will be better, it’s a learning process right? I’m still waiting on some males to show, then I’ll have plenty if leaves.

3 Likes

Sad times I got let down on the leaves today. I’m sure I’ll get some big enough off my own plants soon though if he doesn’t pull through on them :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Ground-dried (2 weeks), boiled (.5hr), blended(3 min), and ironed leaves and stems. (Dis)proof of concept. WAAAAY too much work.

12 Likes

Haha awesome. Do you think it will work? :v:

Sadly, no. It crumbles.

2 Likes

Nice try and thanks for posting.

3 Likes

The incorporation of stalk fiber would improve the tensile properties. Looking like I may have some stalks to experiment with in a couple of months.
Properly cured leaves look like a better route.

4 Likes

Place leaves in a book and put weight on it, they will come out strong and pliable, they make great book marks as well as cigar wraps lol.

3 Likes

This guys method for curing leaf

5 Likes

Turns out it’s good for more than kindling!

7 Likes

Good idea. Was using the local
Paper.

4 Likes

Right. SOOO eventually I got fed up with how it wouldn’t form properly I tried twice and both times it crumbled so I took my hammer an a fat bit of metal an rammed it down propeerrr hard. Anyway it worked just a bit on the small side :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

I’m fed up with mine as well lol but I haven’t given up yet.

3 Likes

I found that packing hard and using a small skewer works best. If it doesn’t burn straight could be that the skewer hole was not centered as you built it.

5 Likes

I used straight off the plant leaves to wrap it and they’ve turned near enough rock solid. Used string to tie it I have also noticed my skewer isn’t centered properly but I’m kind of happy I managed to make one that looks nice just a shame about the bloody size. Though I don’t smoke ital so no doubt that size will be fine :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

I’m going to try fresh leaf tonight to fix this thing :joy:

5 Likes

:evergreen_tree: :book:

:eyes: :thumbsup:

1 Like

My updated attempt. Didn’t have any good rum on hand so took some bourbon and mixed in sugar to get a syrupy like glue.

Then gathered some large fan leaves. (AA battery for size comparison) These have been in a newspaper and cardboard press for a few days to take most of the moisture and some chlorophyll out. Probably should be longer but…

Got my cannagar that has been press cured for 2 weeks. It is about 5 1/2” long and 1/2” diameter.

Removed from press and ready for the wrap.

Decided to trim the rough edges of the leaves and part of the end for a smoother finish (hopefully)

Then I brushed the underside with the glue.

Started wrapping at end of cigar at a 45 angle and tried to keep it tight.

Took 3 leaves but used part of a 4th to wrap the torpedo tip better. Then wrapped for curing and placed back in press to hold it all together.

Gonna let it cure for a couple weeks. I do like the bourbon and sugar as it worked well.

18 Likes