Meat isn't agreeing with me. But I love meat

Folks are talking about alpha-gal syndrome, which was recently identified as being transmitted by the Lone Star tick:
Alpha-gal syndrome - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic.

3 Likes

So guys last night we had butternut squash/sweet potato, parsnip, carrot and coriander soup with a healthy dash of cracked black pepper. All good on the stomach front. No bad tastes etc.

Tonight was sweet potato bhaji and raita salad :green_salad: and vegetable sushi. And honestly. Already feeling miles better. I did have a coffee this morning with milk but that’s not meat lol.

I’ve got more energy. No shortness of breath going on. No mad sweating. You guys may be onto something with it being a me problem not a meat problem but that doesn’t explain the Mrs :thinking:

7 Likes

I imagine she is also made of meat.

3 Likes

Two cream, one sausage.

1 Like

Meat isn’t meat anymore bro…ground beef turns brown in one day…giant chicken breasts the size of Shaqs foot…regular chicken parts got extra bones that were never there before. It’s safe to say eating what’s available these days isn’t safe. They got us eating cloned, steroid injected and mutated meats fam.

2 Likes

Yeah, I only ate my own home raised beef. Then, the stepdaughters. I have to find a new source. Hopefully the farmer across the street.

1 Like

Tastiest meat I ever came across bro :100:

@lophophora.ca always just my sausage :joy::joy::joy:

@Hashton_Kusha I completely agree. We go to a butchers too. Before that we were working on a buffalo farm. Literally slaughter and butcher of our own meats and any others sourced within a few miles. Not so easy in Manchester unfortunately bro.

@GrowingInThePines sorry bro but all I got from that is eating your stepdaughter and :flushed: naturally :joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Beef hasn’t been agreeing with me lately which is fine now I guess, have y’all seen beef prices lately? Even 80/20 ground is nearly $5/lb.

4 Likes

Second pic is a 7.5kg sirloin steak at the time costing £45 English. Probably double that now. First pic is me working in an abbatoire

2 Likes

Had to look that up. Slaughter house :laughing:

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Very much correct @G-paS lamb and beef. Seen and handled every cut. Was happy to go back home and cook a sirloin. Bolognese with 5% etc. Shot and butchered ram and cooked. Rabbit. Hare. Deer. Pheasant. Partridge. Pigeon and the like. This is properly odd for me :100:

2 Likes

This completely defeats the point to me. I get it’s an option for a vegetarian but as an omnivore there’s zero incentive beside the novelty of trying it once to eat it at all.

Is this related to you bodily fluids collection/obsession? If so which came first?

Northeast too and my brother in law got it. He said it’s more itching and discomfort (including his throat) but not a deadly reaction. He cut out most red meat but will deal with it once in awhile to have a steak.

5 Likes