Med card in Canada?

@cdnBuddy check it out

3 Likes

Just reading up on it all and going to think about it. With the 4 plant limit itā€™s great but if my crop is ruined, Iā€™m up shits creek.

Many thanks!

4 Likes

Ya, itā€™s a great service and it definitely works!

4 Likes

My ACMPR expires in a few and I called health Canada to inquire if my renewal would be done before my expiration.

The very nice woman on the phone let me know that they had received my documents on June 5th. She also informed me that for renewals once they receive your forms your good until your new one is issued, whenever that may be. Just a heads up because Thatā€™s not in writing anywhere.

Sweet eh! :v:

5 Likes

Good to know, I was wondering how that worked with the overlap etc

4 Likes

Oh thatā€™s great news! I finally started the process (designated grower), and itā€™s been around 5weeks so far. Iā€™m told itā€™s in the mail room, and no clue how much longer it will take.

What was your initial waiting time?

3 Likes

I got mine in a couple of months. Would have been quicker if I didnā€™t have a stoner moment and write my date of birth wrong and have to re send it :sweat_smile: The initial part with the doctor/waiting for the mail to arrive took a few weeks but waiting for Health Canada took quite a bit longer for me and I live in the same city.

Big thanks to @Mongobongo for recommending this place to me. Actually worked and was relatively painless. Too damn bad I gotta move now before Iā€™ll be able to complete a single grow. Gotta start over again. Iā€™m hoping renewing/ changing an address is quicker than signing up for the first time.

Itā€™s frustrating to realize how much they donā€™t have their shit together when they say you can grow 50 plants but only possess just over a qp of weed.

4 Likes

Initially it took 6 weeks for me to get it.

The renewal was received June 5th and still have yet to get it. Must be a back log as per the norm with anything the government touches :v:

@neogitus no problem man. Spread the love is my motto. I have a few buddies that have gone through the address change and it was painless.

3 Likes

Iā€™m at 5 weeks since the application has been submitted, so waiting patiently. I wont even hit the limit once it comes in, but wont be worried about tossing a plant out if need be.

4 Likes

So if someone qualifies for the 25 plant max, does the gov. send an inspector over to check wiring etc?..make sure everythingā€™s safe and whatnot?

5 Likes

No they donā€™t. Iā€™ve known people with legal med grows since they started the program, and Iā€™ve literally never heard of them inspecting anyoneā€™s site.

Thatā€™s not to say they donā€™t, but it seems pretty rare. I think since legalization the process has gotten more casual as well.

6 Likes

Never ever heard of inspections but Iā€™m sure thereā€™s lots on the Governmentā€™s payroll lol

7 Likes

I just got my renewal. It took them a few months to process it. I got a few extra months outta the deal. They didnā€™t back date it.

3 Likes

So does that mean you were illegal during the delay? I donā€™t understand the system in Canada, but those plant limits sure are wild. Is that the number per year, or at a certain point in time?

4 Likes

They received my paperwork June 5th. I called before my July expiry because I was worried about that. The lady from health Canada informed me that after they receive the paperwork you are covered under your old license until you new one is processed.

What I donā€™t get though is she told me the new one would show a July 2020 expiration but when I received it last week it showed a September expiry. Essentially giving me 14 months of coverage instead of 12. Sounds like an error but Iā€™m not complaining. :v:

4 Likes

Government incompetence can be beneficial sometimes lol, sweet deal!

4 Likes

I have my Skype meeting with the practitioner tomorrow afternoon. If it turns out to be BS, then at least it was only 226$. Ended up going with https://licencetogrow.ca
Will let you guys know how I make out.

6 Likes

thatā€™s similar to what I paid for 50 grams per day (244 plants) which I believe is the max from a new doctor. Iā€™m hoping to renew at 80gpd.

4 Likes

Holy, where did you get your license? Solid price!!
How big of a warehouse do you grow in?..lolā€¦jkā€¦but seriously

2 Likes

Had the Skype meeting this afternoon. It was about 3 minutes long. Totally successfulā€¦so far. Papers should come in, in about 4-5 days (legal docsā€¦not zig-zags). I fill them out, mail to Health Canada, wait for 1 - 4 months (hopefully sooner)ā€¦once the returning documents are in my hand, I can grow up to 25 plants!!

I will be extremely impressed if this all goes throughā€¦so far so good.

5 Likes