Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

No. It sizzled on it’s own and kept oozing. Ick.

2 Likes

How large we talking? Dime sized?

The wound itself? Like an old silver dollar size. The puss bubble is really small now, though

1 Like

The poison from the venom spread outward from the bite. It actually bit me twice, the smaller one on my ankle is like dime sized. I’m pretty sure it was mostly out of venom the second time.

2 Likes

Get the puss out. Keep the wound clean. That puss turns good skin into puss. Get it away from your good skin if you are able. I understand if its too painful. Let the wound breathe when its clean. Otherwise keep it covered while its oozing. You’ll be fine in a week. I may ask you to send me a pic of the wound if your still draining after a few more days. Good luck, prayers and anything else that may help @meesh.

2 Likes

Don’t squeeze the wound to extract puss. It will spread instead. I recommend a knife. Or something to scrape or scoop… Is the puss more liquid or more stringy and globs?

1 Like

Clear liquid. Reminds me of a burn. The entire thing from beginning until now was like a burn. Literally the skin was sizzling and spreading outward.

2 Likes

@V4vendetta funny part is… it took 12 hours after the bite for it to start.

2 Likes

Good. I would soak in epson salt for small periods. Once or twice a day. I know its disgusting but shit happens. Your plants are looking good. The auto flower thing is weird. I grew my autos in a 50-70 degree attic this winter. You really think its the climate cause the oddness?

2 Likes

No. Not on the mutants

Edit: They are seed related, but I do think photos behave uniquely based on my climate.

3 Likes

I think you can take the same seeds and grow them in all 50 states and get vastly different results. You guys have three types of soil in Cali. Some places the soil is mixed with all three some just two of three. Things ive learned from the wine business, I wonder if the soil has an effect?.. I want to see weed grown in new Zealand. They have rich mineralization in their soil.

4 Likes

Plants don’t really get seasonal cues here. No excessive heat and no frost. Hence, why so many annual plants act as perennials. @zephyr is correct here. It makes sense that photos and any other annual plants will just flower once they hit maturity which could be earlier or later in the season. With no cues besides sunlight hours the plant just does it’s own thing.
So far, the only problem I’ve had with autos was mutants with test seeds from a few members. I’m assuming due to open pollination.

5 Likes

Its pretty hot and humid here. Plants definitely know its summer. But the zamaldelica despite the heat still budded. They did what the lights told them to do rather then the climate. So its interesting to see plants responding that way.

2 Likes

7am comes soon. Night @Meesh.

2 Likes

Nite Nite! Sweet Dreams!

2 Likes

I actually thought it was a redback at first except for the smaller marking.
Did you see this one?
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/massive-australian-huntsman-spider-eats-a-possum-in-terrified-tourists-hotel-room/news-story/c1bbf0dd697c218ac3675d3d455943b4
(Huntsmans aren’t really venomous btw)
The one I’m constantly wary of is the Funnel web. With the trapdoor (I have to stop wondering around barefoot) and whitetail up there too.

3 Likes

Yo all this spider talk has got me fucked up. Tried to take a shower and there was a big ass spider with a half-assed violin on his head, and while he was pretty small his legs would have wrapped cleanly around a dime. 99% sure it’s just a regular spider but hot damn if that’s not an intimidating 1%:sweat_smile:

Fricken half hour before I stopped feeling spiders on me! :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Oh, I opened that spider thread again.

7 Likes

I say spider schmider…this is the insect which I am most fearful of.

Engorged female Deer Tick.
The horror.

8 Likes

Ticks in general are nasty , we’ve had 3 summers of bad ticks and this year is looking to be just as bad removed 5 off myself along with 7 off my wife and 2 off my granddaughter so far !

4 Likes