Meesh's Garden of Weeden 2022

:hugs:

So you got a fix. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :wink:

I was gonna ask what you would do differently if you were able(re: quitting)

It really makes me happy to know you did it. Wanted to give you shit for it when I visited but, uh, well, uh, I smoke, :roll_eyes:

Much Aloha

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

No, not really with the weed compensation although I suspect it would have to do with each person’s rituals surrounding smoking. For example… a lot of people’s cig craving would be triggered by alcohol. I live with a recovering alcoholic so bars and drinking related activities just aren’t really a thing we do. On occasion I have a drink or two when we go out to eat and smoking hasn’t been allowed in restaurants now forever so, I don’t relate smoking and drinking together. So a beer or cocktails hasn’t triggered my craving to smoke.

I for the most part only smoke weed at night when I’m chilling and was also a big part of my cig time as well, so weed at night does trigger me quite a bit and probably why I have greened out more often since I quit than before.

My guess is if you are an all day weed smoker, you will probably smoke more than usual for a time. I personally gained a bunch of weight instead of smoking either I am constantly looking for something to eat aka get my oral fixation or going back to hit the joint when I’m triggered. Last night I noticed that I was very triggered and found myself finding a drinking straw to chew on cuz I needed something.

I did find that setting a quit date, making a plan and identifying what your major triggers are and what you are planning to do instead of smoking made it easier when I reached my quit date. The patch helped me a lot and I chewed on straws for about 2 weeks. By day 10 it gets easier.

9 Likes

Sounds logical I’ve used the patch several times when smoking isn’t a option ie hospital stays , care home visit as well as the several times I’ve tried quitting. Definitely helps just have get determined and quit .

6 Likes

Funny you say that… I was not determined to quit at all. I kept thinking that I would somehow get out of it or something. Denial maybe? I only tried it because I told my man that I was going to try. So I kept my word, never thinking I’d make it through or uphold it . For years, I hated smoking, the smell, the growing isolation from it, mostly the way it made me feel physically, the coughing, the asthma, COPD and eventually even the onset of emphysema. But I had resigned that it would just kill me because quitting “was too hard” and somehow the quitting would kill me or something. I realize now that I was a junkie and nicotine was my fix. Once I actually quit and made it through a day then two even three, I realized that as hard as it was, it wasn’t nearly as bad as I had always thought it would be and also that if I started smoking again that I would have to go through the withdrawal part all over again and why would I want to do that? I’m certainly not a masochist. lol Plus, every smoker knows that smoking is a fucked up habit and I doubt one truly chooses to be a slave to cigs and a nicotine junkie by rational choice. Most of us know that it’s killing us. So 6 months later it continues because now I know that it’s just a junkie thought in my head and I haven’t died from not smoking yet. You kind of just forget to actually smoke after awhile and it really just becomes wistful, melancholy thoughts that you sort of like to entertain, but only in your head. Also at a certain point, it amazes and amuses you that you quit because you didn’t think you would or could.

13 Likes

Thanks Meesh :hugs:

Just realized I’ve spent about 20000 hours of life smoking. Not a reassuring conclusion but it does make me an expert. 🤦

4 Likes

Boy have I really noticed the extra 300+ bucks in my bank account each month too. Really expensive habit. It’s amazing how much money I paid over the years trying to kill myself. I need a shirt that says Smoked for 35 years and all I got was this stupid emphysema. :unamused:

10 Likes

Got my new raised bed setup today. It is planted with all shelling peas right now. @Esrgood4u I know you can appreciate this. Actually in the right month this time so I should get a grip of them

Trying lettuce and green onions again in the smaller one. Proper planting times help. :laughing:

The shed with part of my succulent garden

10 Likes

I love shelling and eating peas directly from the plant @Meesh. I gives me fond memories of when I was a child and life was less complicated. That raised bed looks like it will hold an abundance of them. You any ideas on how your gonna support them as they grow???

3 Likes

The package claims that they grow 18" and don’t require staking

1 Like

I thought all peas were climbers @Meesh???
“Peas come in two heights: bush peas and climbing peas. All benefit from some kind of support. Though bush peas are only 2 to 3 feet tall, they will flop on the ground if you don’t give them something to climb on. Climbing peas may reach 6 to 8 feet tall and they need a sturdy trellis.”
How to Grow Peas - Growing Sugar Snap Peas | Gardeners.com.

2 Likes
4 Likes

You can. We did.

The boyz is some sick shit. It is probably one of the best series on there …but that doesn’t say much for tv series these days.

Never bothered me or smelled good unless there was alcohol involved.

Always had one right after a meal and with any drink so this was an issue when I tried to quit the first time. Congrats again. Think of the money you saved!

edit-

oh…guess I should read to the end before a reply :astonished:

4 Likes

Okay friends! Where do I go to find a step by step to growing mushrooms and where do I buy syringes full of spores for “educational purposes only” ? :wink::wink:

8 Likes

Hoooooo kraven had a lot of info here :thinking: miss that dude

1 Like

Congrats at quitting @Meesh. Not an easy thing to do, but one of the best things you will do. I tried and tried for years, quit once for a year and a half. But it’s been 23 years now. Never again.

And that extra $300 must feel real good!

3 Likes

Hey friends! Check out the show "The English " on prime. The cinematography is epic and the show is gritty and amusing so far. Only 6 episodes so far though

4 Likes

Looks good…I’ll check it out

Let me look for some links I saved. I wanted to really bad when I first moved here and would still like to give it a go.

let me look… you thinking of magic shrooms or edibles or both?

1 Like

Magic… and microdosing

2 Likes

Crap, I’m not finding links I bookmarked somewhere. There was a good thread on here about wasn’t there? There’s lots of info out there and the materials are easy to get from what I understand. People in that thread should have plenty of choices. I have a friend in town asking me, too. He’s doing the same thing. Colorado just decriminalized it and making it available for doctors treating depression. I’ll try and find that thread.

5 Likes