Meesh's Winter Greenhouse Grow

DD no P

DD with P

Fem mix with P

12 Likes

10 Likes

Ya thatā€™s a good method.
Once the roots are to the bottom of the container, you could try bottom watering to avoid the surface algae. Itā€™s easier to let the top inch dry out a bit that way.

5 Likes

I like your greenhouse. Iā€™m trying to grow in the winter also, but in the Central Valley.

4 Likes

Is that zone 9? My winter grow out there is going super slow, even with the greenhouse. Autos or not, I think they want more sun hours, probably gonna be a tiny yield, but itā€™s fun and why not have fun with it?

5 Likes

Yes were zone 9. I tried to flower in early December, that didnt turn out well so we came back in and started light dep in garage. but i also started in that month i started 16 new plants so i gave most of those to a buddy and kept a couple bigger ones then set those out and they seem alright but definetely not full potential. i agree most people would kill to be able to grow outside all year round. I like seeing what abuse they can take,this is my first time growing so i like to water until they grow or drown them lol.

4 Likes

Ha! A few people are born with a green thumb, the rest of us have to learn. It took me awhile to learn how to water properly. Stick your finger in to your second knuckle if itā€™s dry, then water it, but only about 20% of itā€™s volumeā€¦ moist not wet.
The greenhouse has been great to keep the rain and wind off them. Itā€™s been unusually rainy this winter here. Not complaining thoughā€¦ just saying. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yes i wasnt expecting these cold temps and rain, just been here for a couple years. supposed to freeze the next three nights, so hoping they all make it. they are in the stretch although not much of one with cold temps and cloudy skies, but hey im growing my own weed and thats all i want to do.

4 Likes

The girls looked good today. Our storm that has been raging since Friday has finally broken. Hallelujah! No matter how sick of cold and wet I am, itā€™s always better than too hot!

Anywho, I havenā€™t watered them in a week. The soilless mix holds a lot of water and without the sun they just havenā€™t needed any water. Tmw is feed day. Also, DD with P just looked slightly overwatered to me in the last few pics so probably good to let it get a bit thirsty.

7 Likes

High of 55f today. Us spoiled So Cal people are freezing our asses off. Girls got a slightly overflowing 1/8th teaspoon of Megacrop and 2 got their weekly Mammoth P dose. The largest girl has finally gotten taller than the marker in the starter pot, but they are still very small. Not enough sun. Picture day tomorrow, aside from their mini me status they look just fine.

7 Likes

I wish!
Our seasonal for right now is about 40f
The last weekā€™s lows, and forecast for next week or two is 18-19f
Wood stove has been working overtime in the grow basementā€¦

My tents are at 55f lights out, also drinking less. Stupid arctic outflow :angry:

5 Likes

Wow! Iā€™ve been much colder places and it never felt that bad as I was prepared and dressed for it. I donā€™t even own clothes for the 40ā€™s at night here. lol I have worn flip flops 365 days a year for 5 years now. And weā€™ve had rain for weeks at a time this winter. That is just crazy for here! No matter how cold I get though, itā€™s better than too hot. I donā€™t do the heat well, anything over 80 and Iā€™m whining, sweating and miserable. Went to Cancun on vacation 2 years ago, every photo of me I was soaked with sweat. It was 100 f and like 90% humidity. That was way too much! Iā€™ll stick with Jamaica. lol

5 Likes

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

The climate in Sacramento is more like Barstow or Needles than your spot. :unamused: 117F was the worst/highest here & I think about 20F the lowestā€¦ summertime humidity is about 10-15%. :cactus: blech! The relief is from SWerly evening wind coming from the SF Bay deltaā€¦aka ā€œthe delta breezeā€ā€¦ without that Iā€™m pretty sure humans would be driven underground hereā€¦except for the 20ā€™ above sea level thingā€¦ :worried: :ocean: :fish:

I picture the future to be like the south-west edge of the Saharaā€¦where itā€™s either cool & swampy or dry & dead. Yay!

I miss the bay area BIG TIME. :thermometer_face:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Being a northern beast, I do not do heat well either, especially humid heat. But the plants love it for the most part!

Another reason Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not a plant. Or a tree like @cannabissequoia

4 Likes

Our humidity average all year is 67%, so if it hit 117f we would surely die. 47% right now and it feels so dry. lol

I always claim itā€™s because I was born in the winter.
Except for the plants that I especially want to grow, the ones that want a cold snap. Darnit! We always want what we canā€™t have. Just like the northerners who would kill to grow lemons.

2 Likes

@cannabissequoia My mother has a vacation home in Las Vegas. She loves trying to convince me that because itā€™s ā€œdry heatā€ that itā€™s not as hellish. To me any point from May through September there is like one of Danteā€™s circles of hell IMO. I hate the desert!!!

4 Likes

But not the ninth one. That one is a frozen lake. Like my back yard. And Lucifer is akin to the dogshit in my yard, half-embedded into a glossy prison of treacheryā€¦

8 Likes

Bwahaha! Spit up my diet coke!

3 Likes

Iā€™m in the Central Valley and itā€™s miserable for 3 months of 100 degree temps. You guys get that cool ocean breeze at night. Weā€™re gonna freeze again tonight and tomorrow. My babies are shivering out there!!

5 Likes