Meesh's Winter Greenhouse Grow

We had crazy gale force winds last night. Knocked one of my cool greenhouse star lights down right onto the fem mix. Luckily no breakage! Woo hoo! Shoot! I’ll take rain over these crazy winds any day! I have been hardening off quite a few plants in there, but I honestly can’t keep those super high winds out so I think the greenhouse is kind of doing it for me as well.

The Dark Devil’s are in preflower, hence the purple pistils… I’m gonna have mini me buds… lol

5 Likes

These are autos, so yes they are pre-flowers, but they are still in a veggative state. They will continue to grow and stretch for another week or two.

5 Likes

Thanks! I have a hard time knowing when is pre-flower and when is flower. Your swan isn’t throwing any pistils yet though.
I’m using Megacrop this grow so I’m really glad I don’t have to figure out when to change nutrients. Really looking forward to the organic summer grow once the special beds are done!

I’m also relieved that they are in soil now instead of the soilless mix. I’m much more comfortable watering in regular soil.

5 Likes

I put the girls out in the sunshine today. It’s pretty warm in the direct sun. I’ll leave them for a few hours and see how they do. The wind tends to kick up pretty heavy later in the afternoon, so I’ll put them back in the greenhouse in about 3 or 4 hours.

They seem kind of dry as well since the transplant. Tmw is usually feed day, but they are only getting water and Mammoth P since they have nutrients in the new soil, but I think I’ll let their roots look for water until tmw. Unless they look terrible after a few hours in the sun

5 Likes

Alright y’all… Every time I take pics lately it’s the wrong time of the day and I get a bad glare… So I guess it’s been 5 days or so since their transplant, they look fine… Since they were on Megacrop in the soilless mix are they dependent on it now or should they be good with just the nutes in the soil for a couple more weeks?

5 Likes

LITFA says yes.

:evergreen_tree: or at least 1

3 Likes

Gave all the plants a Epsom foliar… tiniest pinch… Not sure why, my plants just told me to or I was just really high. :blush:

6 Likes

I find it easier to listen to them when I’m high. :+1::seedling:

5 Likes

Today’s pics
DD no P

DD with P

Fem mix with P

8 Likes

They sell this at my local market. Food grade. What do you think? Good to water plants with?

7 Likes

Depends on what they use as a preservative… read the ingredients if its citric acid, go for it. Otherwise, I wouldnt suggest using it on your plants.

4 Likes

It says citric acid and some sodium ben… too small to make out… regardless…didn’t consider the preservative. Glad I asked!

3 Likes

Haha I bought that same jug months ago haven’t used it for plants but may try on one of my clones to see it it has any negative effects

2 Likes

That sodium bla bla bla is a salt. Probably not something we want to put on our plants…

I prefer the powdered stuff anyway…

4 Likes

I’d love to get my hands on that stuff but Damn it’s high priced shit! I realize it makes a lot of solution but still!

2 Likes

They are almost always sold out of it! I’m def gonna try it along with coconut water on my outdoor grow, guess I will need to find a better source for it though

2 Likes

great minds think alike!

2 Likes

I may have to run another Mammoth P experiment when it’s warmer out too. I have a lot of factors going on here, however, I’m def gonna finish it. I’d love to see someone do it in a controlled indoor grow.

3 Likes

There appear to be several on youtube & here’s an extra. I think Growmau5 took down his comparison side by side? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPSwmwj8ZLXObtBJmz-76rw/videos?sort=da&flow=grid&view=0

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Holy Moly this was the 1st time looking the price up in Amazon 150$+ for a liter my jaw dropped and hit the floor! Watched the vid IMO can’t imagine it can be much different than EM1 which is about 1/5 the $ yikes

6 Likes