Meesh's Winter Greenhouse Grow

The sunshine looks really nice :+1:!

4 Likes

The sunshine was short livedā€¦ got a storm rolling inā€¦

2 Likes

Plants are on autopilot. LITFA has been the theme for this grow so far. I pull them out of the greenhouse every day for sunlight, poke at their soil, give them a bit to drink every once in awhile and feed them on Wednesdays. So far, easy peasy.
:smiley::sunny:

7 Likes

First DD above looks healthy, second is the non productive leaf crinkle mutant, I usually pull them and advise others the same.

As for autos in general they do really well so long as they start well, cause if they get held back or have issues early on then by the time they switch over to flower mode they donā€™t have much of a root system to go off of.

But hey only one way to get better with them and thatā€™s to grow them :wink:

7 Likes

Would have been more helpful about a month ago @Mr.Sparkle lolā€¦ but thanks for letting me know!

Well folks, you heard the manā€¦that concludes the experiment portion of this growā€¦ Iā€™m gonna just continue on and feed all of them Mammoth P, since my experimental plant is a ā€œleaf crinkle mutantā€ per Mr. Sparkle. Gonna finish growing it anyway, been this longā€¦ I will attempt another Mammoth P comparison directly in the veggie patch in a week or two.

6 Likes

Feed dayā€¦ even the mutant is catching up in height

10 Likes

Just did a little stem rubā€¦ The dark devils have a spicy citrusy scent that smells so familiar to me, but I canā€™t nail it down.
@ReikoX fem mix is my fave so far smelling like black pepper. I love that smell, hope it stays like this. Both absolutely lovely in fragrance.

Sparkle was right the mutant crinkle leaf is not really buddingā€¦ it is but really scantily.

Planted 2 more seedlings of each, I compacted the soil a bit more and planted the seeds deeper this time. Hoping no helmet head. Iā€™m gonna transplant these in the veggie patch in a few weeks to see how the new soil amendments are working.

5 Likes

I am not really a smelly-identifier type person but to me the Dark Devil of mine smelled like lavender or potpourri. ā€¦ spicy flowers.

6 Likes

Yeah, definitely a spicy element a floral and a slight citrus. It really smells like something specific to me, but I just canā€™t figure it out. Iā€™ll probably have an Aha! moment in the shower or something! lol

6 Likes

In all honesty, I enjoy these smells better than my beloved blue dream. Citrus isnā€™t my favorite cannabis smell. I prefer more spicy scents like these.

4 Likes

I normally get those aha moments a week or two later at some obscure moment.

5 Likes

Yup! Suddenly you have to blurt it out and no one knows wtf you are talking about. :joy:

4 Likes

@Meesh the leaves on that first pic appear to show russet mite damage ,if you have a microscope scope it out , there so small they sometimes appear as a light brown dust but thatā€™s only when it has gotten realy bad

1 Like

@Heritagefarms are you talking about the crinkle leaf one? If so, Mr. Sparkle who made these auto seeds said itā€™s a mutant. Iā€™m also not too sure we have russet mites in Southern California.

1 Like

Yes Iā€™m referring to the crinkle leaf one, there are varieties that display leaf curl during flower but the leaf color and the curl on the larger leaves looks alot like russet mites, Iā€™m sorry to say you definetly have russet mites in so cal, one of the main suppliers of clones for most of california is spreading them like wild fire, I got mine from a zkittlez cutting I got from dark heart clones. Iā€™d look real close and check out under a small microscope, the sooner you catch them the better.

2 Likes

Itā€™s the mutation says Mr Sparkle, but I can just throw that plant away to be safe. I was just gonna grow it out and see what happens even though it was a mutantā€¦

Wouldnā€™t ALL the plants in my greenhouse be showing signs of this mite though? Would I be able to see this mite with a jewelers loupe? Thatā€™s really all I have for magnification

@Heritagefarms just scoped it through the loupe. I donā€™t see a single thing on the leaves except trichomes.

2 Likes

I had two of the crinkle leaf variety of the Dark Devil too, it was not russet mites in my case and verified with a microscope.
Mine looked just the same.

3 Likes

I have no direct experience with russet or broad mites, but Iā€™ve read multiple times that you need stronger magnification that that to see them. Having said that, Iā€™m not convinced that what you are seeing are symptoms of mites. I would be more inclined to think itā€™s the aforementioned mutation.

2 Likes

I wouldent throw it away especially if it is a known mutation just thought you might wanna be safe and look closer look at it, it would be hard to see them with a loop but it is possible, look right at the point on the leaf where all the blades meet, they tend to gather there

2 Likes

I appreciate the info @Heritagefarms now I know what a plant with russet mites would look like if I ever do get them. Iā€™ll take an even longer look tmw in full sun just to be 100%. Pretty sure itā€™s okay though as I have all sorts of different plants in the greenhouse and none of them have weird crinkle leaves like that although I suppose it could look different on another type of plant.

1 Like