Meesh's Winter Greenhouse Grow

You have been busting your ass off… I would need a month break after doing 1/4 of what you have done especially in your environment. As far as I can see, you do have it together…ok so perhaps some spaciness though to me, that’s part of the work :wink:

They say to wait until 4 wks from sprout to ensure maturity though I have used them as early as 2 wks diluting further giving half the recommended rate…your call

Its ok, still early in the season :wink: Brixblaster (raises sugar content) is used weekly as a drench or foliar, Enthuse (plant stress) is a foliar used when the plants are stressed or monthly…awesome stuff to work with on new soils

Dextrose basically replaces molasses since molasses is high in potassium to feed the microbes…Way ahead is a foliar spray for mineral deficiencies though its better to wait and apply just the mineral the soil is lacking - both of these are better to use after the soil is established

To simplify it like I do, you can…

Monday - Alternate calmag or inferno with z-hume drench…either monthly per recommendation or dilute further for weekly application
Tuesday - foliar…enthuse if.when needed otherwise Brix Blaster weekly
Thursday - plain water
Friday - IPM foliar (neem, essential oils etc)

OR

Monday - Alternate Calmag with Brixblaster drench or brix blsater 3x’s and calmag 1x a month
Tuesday - Enthuse foliar
Thursday - Plain water
Friday - IPM foliar

OR

Monday - plain water with a monthly calmag drench
Tuesday - Brixblaster foliar or enthuse as needed
Thursday - plain water
Friday - IPM foliar

Very flexible stuff with the only thing in common is foliars are given the day after whatever drench :wink:

5 Likes

If you get really bored, don’t be afraid to soak some of those I sent you :sunglasses: :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Probably why they want me to use this weekly as the new mj bed has zero life in it.

Guessing Lynn the nute guy figured he covered the lacking minerals with the broadcast?? He never mentioned this recommendation even though it was on the paper and I bought everything he presented to me. Hmm

Thanks for the schedule! That’s helpful. They have me doing the soil drenches twice a month too. 2 Cal Mag then next month 2 Infernos alternating. Is it better to switch up every 2 weeks instead? Or just go with it as is?

3 Likes

@cannabissequoia Oh, don’t you worry buddy. I saved a special spot in the veggie patch for one of your seeds. :grin:

5 Likes

at the moment sure though the microbes will move in like the worms…more than expected with time its just getting the plants to respond until it happens with some being more temperamental than others :wink:

They are trying to move away from the foliars and drenches to rely more on the broadcasts though imho, the 1st run/season they are all needed for best performance…some more than others then the 2nd run/season then the microbes have moved in an abundant supply to break down the broadcasts so the drenches become less important. Usually by the 2nd run/season only minimal tweaks are needed as many mulch the leaves of whatever crop to return the nutrients that weren’t used though those that don’t or can’t can look forward to the minimal tweaks in the 3rd run/season…a lot depends on varietal growing and what attacked it vs availability per environment…only observing with occasional soil testing can pinpoint it down so you know for sure of what to expect and that takes time to hone in what your growing in your environment

No problem! its very versatile as no one can plan what Mother Nature gives…we can only guess on expected patterns so the frequency really depends upon you and how much time you want to be doing drenches and foliars so for each person its going to vary…at the minimum, they say monthly big farmers will do just that though for us that don’t have acres to tend to, we can reduce to bi monthly or even weekly depending upon individual whims and what it takes to remember…usually this is incorporated into a schedule that we force plants to meet. Basically big ag focusing on organics meets backyard grower…same principals apply just different scale and varietals involved.

They say a monthly dose ok cool monthly it is at the given rates for a quick crop though most perennials respond better with bi monthly doses and half the rates with some temperamental varietals (annuals) will respond best with weekly does so 1/4 of the recommended rates so really its up to you to figure out frequency depending on response and how much time you want to spend in the garden.

My breakdown is just evening out drench and foliars for an expected response of uptake though even this changes depending upon climate and what is being grown. After awhile you’ll see patterns of what needs what and it will be easier as it al comes together

4 Likes

You are so right! No matter what I do out there, I freak out before I do it, wondering is this right is this wrong… I’ve killed some shit and some shit is thriving and with each new thing I do, it starts making sense or the plants start telling me things. I need to worry less. I always say though, I def wasn’t someone born with a green thumb, I’m still learning. Need to just get back to not stressing and just enjoy my garden. Thanks for your neverending patience with my neverending questions. lol

6 Likes

Hi guys and ladies! I just checked our daylight hours and we are just short of 12 1/2… I had read best planting time outdoors here is end of May, but is it reasonable to assume that starting outdoors at 13 hours of sun would be damn near perfect? That’s April 14th here

4 Likes

That sounds real late for your area…I get to start hardening my stuff off Mothers Day (May 12th) with planting out Memorial weekend (May 27th)

3 Likes

April 14th seems late or End of May seems late?

1 Like

May…April sounds more like it though definitely listen to the garden experts there as they would know more than someone way up North :wink:

4 Likes

Shit. I guess I better figure out where to buy fem seeds in the next 2 weeks then

2 Likes

Whelp, I can send you some…

Photo’s
1 Pheonix Seeds Good Shit
1 Sweet seeds Botafumeiros
1 Pheonix seeds origanal skunk
1 Pyramid Anesthesia

Auto’s
1 Seed Stockers Candy Dawg
1 Colorado Cookies
1 CBD Charlies Angel
1 Jamaican

Just waiting on confirmation for a box before I head out to the post office

5 Likes

Depends on whether planting seeds or transplants I 'spose.

:confused:

Granted I’m higher up than you, miss :smile: but there’s several different “day length” metrics & I’m not sure exactly when plants “turn on” in the morning. AFAIK, when we can see at dawn/dusk they are :zzz: & not photo :musical_keyboard:synthesiz-ering. Last year I waited for May 10th following Mendo Dope(sorry OG, I wasn’t really up to speed :grin:), but this year, ASAP.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM(otr)!

https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/usa/sacramento

At the right hand side, 1/2 page down there’s the variety of “days”

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Wowie! You have all those fem seeds? Holy shit! Let me know where to paypal you some money honey

I don’t need a lot. Not growing a forest over here. lol (I wish)

3 Likes

One thing that living up here has taught me that daylight hours are helpful for gardening, its more important the soil is warm enough…I am getting 13 hrs daylight atm and gaining ~a minute per day though the soil still ice cold for any crop that isn’t a perennial with the earlist to show is Siberian Iris and Crocus which reminds me, I should start scouting the yard now that most of the snow is gone :stuck_out_tongue:

I suppose for ya’ll the soil is pretty much all the way warmed up so then its just the daylight hours

Yeah. I didn’t care for the Skunk, Anesthesia or Colorado Cookies…they are good and my daughter likes them I just have better stockpiled :stuck_out_tongue:

No need as you still have a balance from the preservation seeds :wink:

No worries…happy to share just make sure you post them up especially the Jamaican auto for @Esrgood4u as he wants to see how they grow

3 Likes

@cannabissequoia you may only be a minute or 2 ahead of me in sunlight hours according to that site. Funny, I thought it would be more.

3 Likes

I’m thinking so as my seeds in the patch are popping up fast and I already have tomatoes starting. Since it doesn’t freeze it’s probably always warmer than yours.

Are you absolutely sure that I can’t pay you something for them? Shoot if you were here I would bake or something at least. Maybe I can send you a jar of lemon basil pesto after this years harvest? I’d like to show my appreciation in some form.

5 Likes

Very true :stuck_out_tongue:

I am sure…all but Botafumeiros and Good Shit were free though would love to see how they grow so I have an idea when I get to mine later in the year :wink:

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I’ll post the good the bad the ugly, my screws ups my green thumbs ya know… Posting keeps me on top of my grows…

I have no shame! Even when I screw up. lol

2 Likes

If I could throw in my $0.02, I was always told, for a regular garden, to use the “true” Daylight Hours. Don’t put anything out until you had just under 13 hours, and since I did much of it in North Texas, no chance of a future frost. Being that it was Texas, and there was always a chance of a blizzard into May (no I’m not kidding) I usually started inside and transplanted mid May.

So Cal, then and now, I always transplanted and seeded by Easter. Always wanted the heat sensitive plants well situated before the 100’s hit. I would assume weed would be the same.

5 Likes