Meesh's Winter Greenhouse Grow

Makes absolute sense to me! It’s extremely rare that it hits 100 where I am basically Los Angeles, but it certainly does in @cannabissequoia neck of the woods. Some good rule of thumb there I think. Thanks!

3 Likes

@Meesh

You must be closer to the water. Further east on Imperial, we get about a dozen days and twice that in the high 90’s. Kills off my broccoli and greens every year if I am a little late. I envy you.

Edit: Did I forget to mention, Post war cookie cutter home… NO AC!!! EWWWWWW!

4 Likes

I’m in Hawthorne, right near the 405, but last year was brutal. A lot of 90 degree weather

2 Likes

Imagine how we felt here. Are you going to tear down for the summer or just leave it up?

You know that perfectly square corner of OC that meets LAC… I am there… EXACTLY. Always say I can find my way home from anywhere :laughing:

3 Likes

AC? What’s that? OMG! 70 year old house right here! I’ve got AC alright, a couple fans and some windows! Holy hell, last summer sucked! I spent a lot of time at the beach! lol

3 Likes

I have learned to appreciate spring & fall.

114F is the worst I’ve been dealt here…but when it was 117 I was out of town for some celebration & tragedy. A little taste of Pakistan…we even have people in matching clothes now. :unamused:

I think 20-25F was the chilliest winter low for me here.

But worst of all was the recent air-pollution-alypses from the mega-fires. :mask: That has me ready to relocate if it happens a 3rd year running, even if only temporarily. Something like the opposite of that wildflower bloom visible from space.

Having grown up in the coastal valleys north of SF, sheltered by more than just god-like redwood trees, I utterly hate where I am now but it’s more complicated than just the shitty climate.

Back to Ms :blue_car: Meesh… :blush:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Okay guys, I’m taking a poll… do you think I should try my unsexed fancy seeds aka the new jungle spice, sunshine dd, dbhp and @cannabissequoia mix directly in the garden. Meaning plant the seeds directly or put them in starters??

I only have room for one of each.

Also, can’t figure out why the 6 autos I planted did not germ. Wondering if my storage area was bad. I put all the new seeds in the fridge.

6 Likes

Personally, I’m a fan of starters if you have a sunny spot. Then transplant when the roots are escaping the pellet.

6 Likes

I have never grown outdoors, so I don’t have any input except to say that I would certainly love to see you grow those fancy seeds outdoors :smiley:

It’s going to be a couple of months before I can even think of popping mine, so I’m going to live vicariously through you in the meantime :popcorn:

4 Likes

and I live vicariously through all of you indoor growers in the fall and winter and I certainly envy y’alls ability to just flip the lights and sex your plants before you’ve grown and nurtured it for 4 months. :wink:

3 Likes

Honestly, I’ve been germing every type of seed under the sun for months now and I’m nervous about even trying to pop these new seeds cuz none of my damn cannabis seems to want to come up lately. I can’t figure it out. Is there a lifespan on soilless mixes? Does it go bad or lose it’s juju somehow?

Maybe, I should take @Northern_Loki method and break out the jiffy pellets I have in the garage, although I have never used them before. Is there something I need to do to prep those pellets? Soak them in water or something first?

2 Likes

I’d say yes one of the best ways just to keep it going and performing well for ya is mixing in compost and some worm casting maybe a few meals from time to time

2 Likes

Did they even seem to want to split open? Any questionable seeds will crush somewhat easy under light pressure on a hard surface when pushed on.

1 Like

That could be my problem right there. The sunshine mix is only a few months old. The last 4 autos I tried to germ only 1 came up. The one I accidentally killed with LITFA while I was busy planting the garden. So I put 6 in another soilless fox farms mix that was older to try it. Nuthin. Boo! I’m gonna give them another day or two.

3 Likes

I didn’t mess with them first and I didn’t dig them up to investigate after

2 Likes

Sometimes you may be dealing with birds that might see them as nice snack when direct planted they seem to just know where there most times

5 Likes

True! Those suckers have eagle eyes, man! It’s crazy. You would think they would want to zero in on the worms instead.

2 Likes

So about those jiffy pellets, have you used them before @Tinytuttle? I’m gonna try those this time. How do I use them?

2 Likes

Seeds don’t really need to have anything in the mix, media for the first week or so one could germ in wet sand if ya want to peat pucks rock wool cubes don’t have much to them either

3 Likes

I know exactly what you are going through. My last grow, I grew Old Skool, CBD Hash and Divyders.
The two Old Skool died, the Divyders that survived (2) gave me 3 grams total and the CBD Hash (2) are finishing now but are only about a foot tall. I am crossing my fingers with the Cherry and RCB x Therapy CBD and trying to get as much help as possible.

BTW, I would love to grow some outside, but even only 20 miles away, it’s illegal.

3 Likes