Michigan Monkey Paw

it seems to be that way around here, so its good to hear that there are still mom and pop stores where you are.

5 Likes

I love hearing about strains that are really local. Unfortunately small pockets of a local strain, or someone being greedy and not letting seeds or cuts get out, makes topics like this a thing.
Hopefully something like this happens with brutal paw. I was trying to find info about a local strain, Burnham Redeye, since my friends dad says he’s been growing it for years, and I had seeds (none I tested sprouted). But he’s also grown other strains on the same plot, and all his stuff gets seeded by what ever males he missed, through the years. But through my reading, I’m seeing locals saying the original is gone. This one guy says it’s his family’s strain and only 3 of them have seeds left in its pure form, and he’s getting them into tissue culture. That was a post from a few years ago, now I see a place a couple hours drive from me that says they have clones available.

3 Likes

I’ve collected a few such as NYCSD, Black Pearl, Cleveland Cat Piss I believe…:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

Looking for:

Kavorkian
Moose Knuckles
Moose Tranquilizer

1 Like

Man the new names I never knew about. That’s some claim of a name! Takes more to put down a moos than a gorilla :rofl:

4 Likes

@Instg8ter just saw there’s a cut of Monkey Paw being auctioned off on Instagram on rrawkshun’s IG page. If nothing else, you might be able to get some more info on who is currently holding the Monkey Paw cut. FourWiseEyes is in the comments speaking to where his cut came from, for what that’s worth.

Edit: understood to be a charity auction to assist in a cancer fight

6 Likes

I saw that today! Neat stuff. Go forth and bid, OP.

Glad the auction is going so well, resinryder is the man.

I saw the rootbeer stuff bout near scraping 5K each haha…sounds like a lot until you look up how much chemo treatments cost.

5 Likes

I am watching it, up to 500 for one cut, I thought my buddy was nuts paying 145.00 for the cap cut of MAC.
Ends noon PT tomorrow, it’s gonna go nuts, wife would kill me for spending a grand on a clipping…but it’s so good I am seriously thinking of trying to snipe it.,LOL. This is why I love OG, no hoarding and jamming people for something that could die in shipping. This is the future, and why this site has to be here… if I ever get my hands on it everyone gets it free…

8 Likes

I still havnt heard back from that guy in Saginaw, have to look him back up. Didn’t know it was for cancer research. Either way it’s outta my league at those numbers, I’ll just work on my BX project with the Brutal Paw.

4 Likes

Maybe you could communicate with the seller for info on who has the cut, like @SmackyMcSmackers was saying. Maybe we could negotiate a better price for the good of us all, lol. They would probably say “then, how would we ever get a cut on auction for 1K”?

I hope you can find a purist, like us all, that would understand getting it into some OG hands! We could only increase it’s value. no? :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

I guess the question is whether people are bidding high because of the fundraising nature of the auction or because it’s something exceedingly rare and there’s that much pent-up demand for it. Probably somewhere in the middle, I’d guess.

4 Likes

Same, I’d expect more like 200 a cut in a normal auction.

3 Likes

Got some Skunks Paw beans which is Monky Paw x UFS 18

8 Likes

I’d be talking about “I had those”, because I would have grown them already

3 Likes

Hour left to snipe

Large part is WHO the auction is being held for.

2 Likes

Willing to trade for Brutal Paw which is Monkey Paw x Brutal Kush (Katsu Kush x TH Deep Chunk. I’d be divorced if I paid that for a plant, what’s it up too now, don’t have access from my phone?

2 Likes

499.99 with current bidder saying he is willing to drop stimulus on it.

1 Like

This is likely true, though for many (including me) the significance of WHO is lost aside from someone battling cancer.

1 Like

Right. So RR has buddies willing to dig deep. The inherent ‘value’ is a moot point.

2 Likes

Ohh well, back on the hunt. Have to get back on a few leads here in MI I have.

2 Likes