Michigan Monkey Paw

Nice. I was completely blind to its lineage.

1 Like

Damn, @Instg8ter ive been following this thread since you started it, and it always sounded super cool. But now, with @MotherTeresa having a possible hookup to an original cut… you may have found your unicorn.

I hope this works out for you, cause it would be an awesome ending to an already cool story!

3 Likes

That’s the best I can do as I have these in safe keeping for when I do get around to growing them.
But luckily they still have some!!!
Hope this helps my friend! :call_me_hand:t4::call_me_hand:t4:

6 Likes

I was just listening to the Potcast episode with Bob Hemphill. On it he says he has a Monkey Paw cut (around an hour and a half into the interview). He says the lineage is Viet Black and Nepalese Highland.

Never had it, just passing along his take

2 Likes

Yes I have heard that too and often wondered, I believe it was held and grown locally by a Vietnam vet that was also in a MC . Always thought it was in Thai /SEA family too. That’s the thing Monkey Paw is the Kaiser Sousa of marijuana , stories and local folklore abound but I can say the one thing I started with. Almost every person I talk to that has smoked the real deal of the 70-90’s puts it in their top 5.

5 Likes

If you get a line on a cut, let me know and I’ll pitch in!

4 Likes

I grabbed some of Franchise’s Vietnamese Black x Napalese Highland F2 in hopes of finding the Monkey Paw in them!

4 Likes

Let me know if you would like to trader for a few…
:metal::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Sadly, I only have a 1/2 pack of them. For years, I typically would split all my many packs with a couple of friends. So for most of my older collection I only have 1/2 packs.

When it gets time to do an F3, if I don’t get all five to germinate, I bet they still have them in their collection, and would share back for the preservation.

4 Likes

Radio Ridge Nursery had the Monkey Paw a couple years back (should have grabbed it). I emailed them to see if they still have it.

I bet they don’t though as they are always rotating through the latest strains.

2 Likes

@Growtogrow if this accident occured with your Columbian would those be hermied seeds and if it were then those would be female seeds.

1 Like

Would you like the brutal paws all done in sog or to grow larger? I have a corner in veg tent to veg or can throw a tray in flower tent.

3 Likes

They are yours brother do whatever your comfortable with…

4 Likes

TNF Uncle Festers is some rank shit wow this should be a nice cross.

3 Likes

Here to follow

Across the river but visit techno city when ever I can. Vernor’s courses through my veins

Just got some TNF might have to revisit. Hooked it up to. Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x4G_5XKyyY

1 Like

Monkeypaw pollinated by my Lemon Thai guy, S1’s coming later this year. Other cuts getting hit with the LT:

Bodhi’s Lemon Thai 57
Sharon White Widow
Trinity
Lima Limon
Bandaid Haze 7
OHaze
Vietnamese Black 164 (Kiona’s)
Nigerian
Skunk
Puna Budder
Himalayan
Romulan

22 Likes

Looking very nice!

2 Likes

Welcome to OG! I love your content on IG! I wish you well with your seed run! Positive vibes…

~nugzz

2 Likes

Banger of a first post. Welcome aboard

2 Likes

OOOh, i have some LT and will be doing them sooner than later. I want to wait til I can run only them and try to get some seed.

I still haven’t smoked it yet. A friend from Europe gifted them to me. What’s you opinion on the Lemon Thai? I’ve heard good things but it’s been a while. peace

1 Like