Micro Grow Off Ideas!

Day 1 lets get this going :wink:

3 Likes

I canā€™t start for a little while still

Nice dude what did you end up popping

@Enstromentals I believe come the new year will be when it starts, but maybe we can start when ready, not sure

Iā€™m going to be moving all of my stuff after this chop. (Next week or so) so new year is about right for me

1 Like

Cooool cooool :+1: ā€¦

@Mr.Sparkle, round two begins. This is one of the smallest containers I have ever seen grown in. Hope this round goes better for ya!

Still toying with ideas. I have added an additional constraint to my project. Total cost = 0$. I have plenty of fans etc and this old pantry type thing Iā€™ve been meaning to take to the landfill. Deciding on if I want to rip up my PC for the lighting, or an old LED, or maybe try to drive my SolStrips softly on a vertical wallā€¦ I have a few ideas I want to try, possibly some automation with Arduino, maybe even use my Blumat or a SIP container.

Well iā€™ll call this Round One as the first attempt as you know i only had a plant in there for what about 7 days before i plucked it, due to me leaving on holidays and having an untested wick system that i didnā€™t know how long it could last for and the leaf crinkle mutation that occurs sometimes with those F1 seeds, So was just easier for me to not worry about it and start anew when i came back.

The $0 cost thing is a good constraint, just like yourself i have extra fans kicking around and even some i think 1818 citizens cobs mounted to heatsinks with ballasts and enough dismantled led bulbs i could scrap something together.

Definitely try going down the automation route for watering, its worth the effort and struggle initially. Iā€™ll have to share a bigger picture of this whole mini grow as so far the simple wicking system works pretty good but i will have to see over the long haul how it handles, it was actually working too good initially and was burning through the water at around 250-400ml of water a day which was ridiculous, so i had to limit the exhaust to slow that evaporation down, ended up just covering 2/3 of the exhaust on that 40mm fan as a simple fix, but really to do it proper i need to throw a DC-DC buck converter on the top and limit the voltage to the fan to further to dial back the airflow.

But i kinda like how basic and simple everything is at the moment, even with the tape blocking part of the exhaust, as i think all in on it iā€™m at maybe at $3-4 dollars, free container, free fan, already had the connectors which were maybe 50cents total, free wall wort, maybe $1.50-2 in lights which i already had, and a new small tupperware style container for a reservoir picked up at a local dollar store for $1.50.

Its gonna be interesting thatā€™s for sure, and for all the others here i know your not ready for a fun micro grow, but maybe this help get people excited to start. :wink:

@GumbyBuds as for what strain, its an untested recent Auto cross being a (Think Different x Dark Devil)x(Cream Mandarine) so i have no idea how it will turn out, apart from knowing the plants it came from. Should be done in about 60days from now, and be on the bushier taller side, which makes it the absolute worst thing for this but itā€™s gonna be fun.

2 Likes

Yeah its a cross between the one on the right (Think Different x Dark Devil) and the second picture being the Cream Mandarine

6 Likes

So nice, its all about the fun for me, if a plant grows thatā€™s fantastic lol

Used what I had and am at like $5 total for,my micro, then I found that can of paint I thought I had, doh

Have you thoroughly used the blumats or just a couple now and then? IĀ“m thinking about auto watering for my plants during these holidays. Some DMs with a knowledgeable member would help me a lot.

Never used them, bought them and they have been gathering dust. They are the small old school style with just the carrot and passively work. Thatā€™s the theory anyway.

Yeahā€¦ but IĀ“m terrified to find out in practice that they leak 5-10 gallons of water into my tent! This holiday watering becomes quite a conundrum.

Wow man, this is gorgeous. Do you reproduce these strains (seeds)?

These are what they call ā€œBlumat Jrā€™sā€ if Iā€™m correct in your description of the ones you have.

1 Like

RE: Blumats

Next week if my splurge money allows, I will be ordering a deck and patio kit, Once they come in, I will detail the setup and installation as well as I can w/ lots of pictures.

Basic setup iā€™ve read is Water the shit out of your pots (obviously donā€™t drown them) wait 24hrs, install blumat and adjust the valve to where itā€™s holding a drop of water. It should drip once every 15-30 seconds after the medium dries just a little more.

1 Like

No i just make crosses and my own mixes just for myself and all done in fun.

1 Like

This is my boxā€¦ Good box. Stay.

3 Likes

Okay, now build everything outside that box. Remember, the interior grow section has to be 1x1x2, not the exterior. Save that extra inch or so. :joy:

2 Likes

Interior measures Exactly 1x1x2 lol. My box is a little wonky because I eyeballed it on the table saw, things are off by exactly one saw blade lol. The two panels (front and back) are a sawblade too wide, along with being a sawblade too short (Should have been 25 1/2 but ended up being closer to 25 7/16 lol)

Iā€™ll probably get my sander out today and make everything line up. :smiley:

2 Likes