Micro Growing with Mr. Sparkle *2018*

5 Likes

8 Likes

12 Likes

Could a mod move these to the microgrow with mr sparkles
im in the wrong post
im very sorry everyone.

I’d leave the ties in place as the plants have already adapted, but it will be bulking in no time. Also get those walls painted with flat white or line them with aluminum foil like I do “spray glue” is you friend.

4 Likes

I was on the fence with lining the walls
50/50
but i do think that i will
for the ties---- i already removed them
i took a few pics to show what you taught me with the bending
its phenomenal what they can do
but i removed the straps to let the twinns do what they please
as i now have room to raise my lights 3 more feet
hopefully some of the leaf tip burn goes away
more to come if nobody minds?..

2 Likes

She’s looking great. :seedling::slight_smile::+1:. Mechelle x

1 Like

Twinns
not realy
but its 2 girls sharing the same container
good for size restraint
but i have to water morning and night now.

2 Likes

Bogan Day 65/59

Bent over everything yesterday which should stay as they are done stretching. Also decided to give the GSC a chop just a couple mins ago, and i can say it was a very easy trim. Wish all plants were like that, pretty much everything i trimmed off was covered in crystals as well which will be saved for oil. I still have 3 of the lower nodes connected to the stump as they are working on a couple seeds that i target pollinated later in the grow so i will need to finish them out , the uppers went un-pollinated obviously.

Its nice the the top is out of there as it frees up some space.

I will be picking up some more fastbud seeds, even if i disagree with their naming, this freebie has renewed my opinion of them, but i still have to smoke it.

BestÄ Day 3

Running rather warm but thats due to the fan light combo, might need to enlarge my intakes slightly as i have room to do so, but will leave as is for now. Or further down the road, cool tube esq the top with a 40mm fan which will allow me to run more light if needed.

Was gonna do a comparison between the fabric and plastic pots “yogurt containers” but the fabric isn’t gonna cut it, a little too much evaporation, plus i like how i put the drainage holes on the yogurt containers. Instead of putting them on the outside edge i put them on the inside, so they drain to the center which is where i have the drainage hole feeding back to the reservoir, it just dumps right back in with any runoff with nothing else going out onto the lid/tray, very clean.

So i will have to scrounge for a yogurt container or go through another tub quickly lol, i normal take a week to go through one, but only half way through the what will be my third container. So one plant may get culled and i’ll start up a Mephisto seed as a replacement once i get another container.

Few tweaks to do, such as shrink wrapping the base vertical feed tubes just for light purposes, and maybe swap out a pump, my third one came in today, as i wanted a backup up but bonus because my initial two one runs a bit slower than the other due to less than ideal quality control aka “it works its good”, so i will pick the closest matching two out of the bunch. That and play with my Sonoff switch and hook up my ozone gen once it gets here.

I like the idea of the sonoff switch for controlling the ozone, as i could potentially manually blast it on apart from normal timer based operation with an app before say family or friends are stopping by and i’m not home yet or out for dinner with them. Turn it on with my phone from the dinner table km away instead of having to run it manually or rely on the timer just to make things completely unnoticeable, which in late flowering with stinky strains can be an issue.

16 Likes

New cab looks nice and clean, not that I expected any less from you. :+1::seedling:

6 Likes

Bogan Day 62

Spread out some branches as there is now some room, but the one should be finishing by the end of this coming week, another one the week after week and the daiquiri lime still no idea probably a good two plus weeks.

The GSC is in a jar now, just wanted to see but it yielded 14.6g out of that 500-600ml of coco, bud shot below, an yes i loose trim, as its what i like and im the only one who consumes it ;).

BestÄ day 6

Started a modification last night and finished this morning. The solstrips now have “cool tube” cooling. Was just made out of airduct tin, and aluminum tape, and another 40mm fan does the work for it. I have to get some heat sink temperatures, but in comparison to before they are much cooler, and my internal cab temperature has dropped 6-7degrees C which is quite a bit.

Bonus is after i finish some testing i’ll probably increase the wattage of the lights as the cab can handle the extra heat now.

As for the plants, they are doing well, i will be switching over to the yogurt containers shortly for the two fabric potted plants, my reasoning’s are in my previous post. Also did a measurement today and the fabric potted plants only have half the amount of water left that the yogurt container plants do, and they started at the same level. was just evaporating too much water and why there is salt buildup on the one bag already.

12 Likes

a personal note of thanks Mr.Sparkuuu,

your micro-grow and CFL/LED info & work are what motivated me to make an indoor tent & keep going after my f’ed up outdoor last year. i don’t remember which bud or which post, it was icmag, but i was convinced that a poor-bastard like myself could ACTUALLY move inside.

so, thanks. :slight_smile:

“WA-SHOOOOO!!!”

c.s

(edit: typo)

4 Likes

No problem, glad you saw the light :wink: haha . also the more people we have growing there own the better, and yeah probably would of been icmag or AFN, but i really enjoy OG now and looks to be is my home home for awhile, or at least that’s the plan.

2 Likes

This place reminds me of BBSing in the 90s. I love it. :telephone::computer::floppy_disk::hourglass_flowing_sand:

c.s

1 Like

One of the cream mandarins that have had a rough time. Decided to chop it today, and spread out the last two plants to finish up. Plus seeds of course.

15 Likes

i gave mine to a mate im keen to know how they turned out i herd they taste good ?

1 Like

i enjoy the cream manadrines, had a bunch of oil/shatter i made from the last ones i ran, but sadly its all gone lol. good thing i have have this plant done and another on its way which will only be used for oil.

2 Likes

Bogan day whatever
A mess but will be turned into oil, that daiquiri lime still has weeks left which being a 11 week strain guess so, really should look more at flowering duration’s when buying seed, i just like the description. Seeds are forming on the stubby that you can see in the photo, and ill harvest the last CM probably next week when im back from a trip.

BestÄ Day 10

Got the last plant re-potted into a yogurt container just before this picture “front left” so we sill how it responds, the back left plant was gettign to much water as the sensor was in the fabric pot plant, so the left side has had a few hiccups, the front left plant “may” have that leaf crinkle mutation i was trying to get rid of, but it could also be from high salt buildup due to the evaporation of the fabric pot. We will see.

Also made a couple changes added a second fan to the cool tube just as my air channels are less than idea for air flow, so i have a push and pull fan, and can bump up the voltage on both as needed as im only running them at half of what they are supposed to be at, but they are considerably loud when run at 24v “industrial applications”. Also widened my air intakes for about 40-50% more inlet space.

11 Likes

Micro-growing isn’t for me, but you make it look soooooooo good!!! Very cool. :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Mr.Sparkle
hey buddy
does led burn never go away on the damaged leaves???..i had light burn on my top leaves , when my plants outgrew the area and got into the lights
its been 2 weeks in the bigger grow area with lights higher up
but all the leaves that did have burn hasnt got any better
the plant in all still is chugging along
buds are great
any leaf not affected is still good
but the few burnt leafs are still just burnt
thanks for any knowledge.

1 Like