Micro Growing with Mr. Sparkle *2018*

Thanks buddy…yes shes dying…buds are big…especialy the 2 maines…just wondered if i should push it or call it…first time with autos

2 Likes

My personal theory is when I think it’s done, I wait a week. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

Then i will try to push it a little longer…

1 Like

Yes! Put that pearl in your drawer and live by it! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Yes! That pearl is in oleskool’s Big Red Book of Acquired Wisdom!

4 Likes

@2tokejoke just like @ReikoX said as long as they take, and i agree fully that longer week autos loose a lot of advantages of being auto’s so long as they are grown inside… There great for outdoors though, as a longer flowering auto can grow bigger than a short flowering auto as it has more time to grow, all so long as your soil volume isn’t a limiting factor for plant size.

@cannabissequoia Just to block out light some, and adds extra reflection for stray light rays so i can use as much as possible.

5 Likes

Day 21

Only 2 days later, and they have thrown on 4" of stretch.

Here’s that mutant plant im trying to get rid of genetic wise just showing so people know. The leaf first grows crinkly or partial sporadic on initial lower leaves, and then the edges grow at a different pace compare to the the center so edge turn up initially which you can see on the bigger fan leaves, but once flowering kicks in due to the slow outside leaf growth they start to claw as the inside of the leaf grows quicker than the outside.

Purely genetic due to a bad cross with limited numbers on my part. I will breed it out eventually if i keep working at it, but its easy to avoid for crosses as i know what to look for.

11 Likes

theory: maybe it’s not so much unique-ish mutations as it is abnormally ‘weak’, thereby suffering stress when ‘normals’ don’t, and henceforthnotwithstanding(that was waay fun) expresses crazy extra epigenetic switching. if it were a dude, i bet it would breed some funny stuff. phyew.

it’s just a sensitive lil beeyotch artist. right. :rolling_eyes:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle, so this trick would work on indica and sativa plants as well? Thank you for this tidbit. I had a strain I lost. It was an accidental crossing of a Blue Widow and a White Widow male. At the time I had been tossing out the last seeds I got when I got more seeds from a grow. In the course of time I had tossed any male seeds at some point and I had to herm a portion of a plant to get seeds. To make a long story short, I had grown seeds from herms often enough (while throwing out the older seeds, remember) that I could no longer force a plant to hermaphrodite anymore. I ended up losing my Baby Blue Widows.

You’ve given me a very useful tool in case I ever end up that way again. And I do save the older seeds now too and I recently got excellent advice on making seeds survive for many years. Still, I am getting femmed seeds from @MadScientist very soon and I’ll be giving this a try.

1 Like

Yeah its a handy technique to have in the bag. Also yes will work on indica or sativa alike, just depends more so on how long they take to flower.

STS “silver thiosulfate” is supposedly easier application wise as you only need to spray the plant once, but i believe you have to mix a solution each time you want to use it.

Its something im gonna venture into to see if its easier compared to the CS, as im all for keeping it simple.

2 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle, I apply the KISS principal everywhere I can. Being been a programmer, I found that the KISS principal to rule. So many times we do much more than we need to to get the job done. It is so much worse in programs. I swear most programs could be a minimum of 50% faster if the programmer’s would go through and eliminate old garbage instead of leaving it in the program when they are done.

Thanks again for the excellent procedure!

2 Likes

Well part of that could be it, but its like the plants with this trait seem to forget how to grow so their leaf structures even though healthy are brittle to the touch and super easy to tear, that coupled to the insides of the leaves always growing faster than the stagnant outsides, the plant just becomes a clawed mess that doesn’t yield very well.

But i’ll work it out eventually or just use the good plants in other crosses.

@Cobra50 Totally agree.

2 Likes

Ill be using STS the next few weeks for my next project.
:+1::seedling:

3 Likes

11 Likes

8 Likes

Trying out new camera app…the twins are almost done…light burn and nute burn have been corected…they are pulling along…still smells like chocolate and mint…still flushing with straight water…gonna push them a few more days…i see no amber trichomes…im gonna go as long as they wanna go------- i want complete couchlock anyways …so why not…wont chop till they show me they are ready to call it…been a fun ride…proud of these girls and what they taught me.

4 Likes

Another day and another 2", running out of room fast, i expect to be flopping tops this week if this keeps up.

Also moved some things around, so bit harder to follow, might move them back before the next photo.

13 Likes

Day 23

So this was this morning

then 10hrs later

So the tops got flopped over with some stem crushing.

13 Likes

Pretty fucking rad. Props.

1 Like

…makes me think coconut trees should be planted horizontally… :upside_down:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like