Micro Growing with Mr. Sparkle *2018*

Show those ladies who is the boss! :+1::seedling:

1 Like

Well hereā€™s this morning, they have all turned up and should be good for a bit, will adjust them as needed, such as the back left plant.

Also did a res fill this morning 1.8ec of megacrop, we will see how they take it.

10 Likes

So 10-11hr since the last picture but a day after i flopped them over.

But they are already back pointing up, with what will be a somewhat even canopy.

Rearranged them a little just to utilize the space a bit better and allowing us to see it all instead of having taller plants in the front

Looking good, noticing the start of some phosphorus deficiencies in the lower fan leaves, im gonna leave as is cause of the fresh stronger feed they got this morning, and to see if that enough.

Thats one thing i have noticed with the megacrop at least for me with running it at a lower feed rate is these phosphorus deficiencies starts to pop up and the nitrogen seems a little heavy once flowering hits.

But saying that i havenā€™t run it on the other side of the spectrum yet with heavier feeds to see how it works out that way.

Also to note for thought and discussion sake is i run a no loss type system, in that pretty much all the feed water will be consumed by the plants as my runoff is recollected, so i also get to see if anything really builds up in excess.

Gonna be purple shortly, except the back left which may or may not show, or late changer is my guess

7 Likes

this deserves a magazine article making you famous & then rich. then you will switch opposite grow 30ā€™ trees with integrated ladders & scaffolds to climb. let it be so. :upside_down:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

haha monsters, and imagine if i could get those trees to grow in 8-10 weeks ;), i think id be running away from them at that point as they would be consuming the neighbor hood cat, passing deer, plucking birds out of the air, nom nom nom.

5 Likes

Day 25

They donā€™t even look bothered. Iā€™m probably gonna increase the feed tonight. Already at 1.8ec so we will see how a even 2 handles

10 Likes

You are amazing @Mr.Sparkle! Your plants are vigorous and pretty. You do all of the things I try not to do! Hahaha! ā€œFlopping them overā€, ā€œShattering stemsā€, yikes!! Itā€™s like a Saw Movie! Much respect my friend. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

@oleskool830 Gotta do what you have to to keep them in control.

Plus they just shrugged it off as a bad day and made the best of it lol.

Here they are this morning, decided to move the mutant to the back corner just as it was getting taller than the plant back there, so just for ease of looking at.

Also swapped out the fan to a 140mm louder but more powerful fan and a bit thinner carbon filter so far looks like it has dropped the cab by 4degrees C but have to so some further testing.

Considering 7days ago they look like this, i think were doing pretty good so far at only what Day 26 from sprout

14 Likes

ā€¦with the branch-shortening by bending/breakingā€¦

have you experimented with different tying materials? i.e. duct tape, nursery green tape, etc? iā€™d be very curious to see one done for comparison to see if the recovery period or any respone is different. Maybe even a ā€œbandageā€ with a non-wicking porous inner layer, then with another material? Just some thoughts.

my amazement with this isnā€™t wearing off yet. OGers: just imagine if mr.sparkle had been around in the 70sā€¦where would we be now? :wink: hehe

4 Likes

Freakinā€™ reekin my man! Looks like they enjoy the rough treatment. Naughty chillā€™ren! Good growinā€™ @Mr.Sparkle. You never cease to amaze! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Well recovery time for plants that are just gently bent over with rubberbands, nursery tape, velcro, string or whatever holding them down, is quicker. But that has to be done earlier on when things are still flexible.

But crushing stems and flopping things over, so long as the plant is healthy as shown above they hardly are stunted or shocked in anyway, as what i bent them over 2.5days ago, and the other bud sites have taken up the slack in that time.

My more extreme form of management i just ā€œZā€ the stems crushing and folding them back on themselves to reduce there height, but they are usually held together with rubber bands.

I probably posted pictures of that a ways above somewhere. Will have to look for the post count for thatā€¦

But either way iā€™m a proponent of doing whatever you have to in order to keep things in control, also the reason i went with a bigger cab, but stayed at the same plant and media volume amount, as it gives the plants more room to not fight with each other.

6 Likes

Btw to all those following along.

Sad day but needed, Rest In Peaces ā€œBoganā€ you have provided many a good harvests.

7 Likes

Heā€™d be offering joint cruises in outer space on his DIY Space Ship. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

lol :laughing:

thatā€™s very '70sā€¦ reminds me of old Popular Mechanics magzines articles(1940s)ā€¦ build your own everything & clean everything with gasoline. when a man was expected to rebuild a carburetor. :older_man: :blue_car:

ā€¦something like Remoā€™s second-hand spaceship would workā€¦ :wink:

edit: i love the justin trudeau bit

2 Likes

Hahahaha! Excellent!

1 Like

RIP buddy. Iā€™ve watched your thread for long enough to beco.e attached to that box. Truly an inspiration and hands down, the best PC grow box I have ever seen. :+1::green_heart:

4 Likes

@ReikoX Thanks bud, definitely learned a lot with it too especially on the arduino side of things, but now its time to move on to other projects or better versions :wink:

Also will include an update

Day 27 from sprout, things moving along nicely,but the plants were getting tall again especially the back right plant. So i did some adjustments, couple got tied down stem wise with some rubber bands and others got the stem crushing treatment again.

So if were lucky this will be the last time, but i donā€™t doubt i will have to do it again or adjust things.

Before the 2nd adjustment

After

10 Likes

Typically i donā€™t do updates every day, maybe 2-3 a week.

But whatever interesting time for the plants.

4 weeks or 28 days from sprout.
Iā€™ll keep tweaking the canopy but it came out pretty even and that wasnā€™t even my goal.

14 Likes

Holy shit balls your getting some awesome quick growth there congrats ladies looking good!

3 Likes

@Tinytuttle thanks should see it today. and to think still a month+ left to go

Not gonna do a full picture yet that will be tomorrow back to possibly a Wednesday and Weekend shot timing on them or every couple of days.

But in regards to flopping over tops to others who are following or want to know a bit more.

Hereā€™s how the stem looks on one of the plants that i kept tied down, which is still doing its best at being the apex shoot.

Hard to see in general cause it buried in foliage, but notice how the point of damage where i crushed the stem and broke the inner herd is now reinforced by the plant attempting to fix the point of stress and also building it up to be stronger, also to note one of the channels ā€œbottomā€ is actually separated from the rest of the stem, hard to see from this angle but you could literally stick a skewer through to the other side without touching the plant.

Iā€™ll grab a better shot of the stem come harvest, hopefully iā€™ll remember :wink:

12 Likes