Micro Growing with Mr. Sparkle *2018*

You have a nice 90 degree bend in that pic ! I’v done a little super cropping also was very nevous still after watching it done on some vids and thought holy crap this plant can take some abuse ! I’ve even split a stem down the middle before taped it up and it went on growing like nothing happened! Looking forward to the rest of your grow!

2 Likes

In my experience supercropping/ stem crushing there is an optimal window to impliment this technique…if done too late into flower it can just end up killing the branch…

@Mr.Sparkle, I got some Philips bulbs like these and got the putty knife in at least as far as the one pictured above and still cant get the dome to pop off. I’m afraid if I push any harder that the dome is going to shatter. Is it held on by tabs like the one at the top of the picture where the screwdriver bit is?

SkyDog

no there is a silicone type glue holding them down, in that case run a razor blade around the perimeter then try the putty knife again, some pop easily some don’t

@robertaaronson I only find that that happens if you inflict too much damage typically in causing a split or tear to happen on the horizontal axis of the stem, also reason why i typically crush about an 1-1.5+ inches of stem when folding things over, as if you try folding a stem over with only a regular pinch width, its usually too short of a radius for the bend which then breaks on the horizontal axes of the outside of the curve, which leads to that branch’s failure. Could get into the actual physics of why and how the structure of the stem supports or works with it but most aren’t that nerdy and that a hole other topic.

Also the longer into flower your into the less time they have to repair obviously.

6 Likes

The sweet spot when to do the SC is very strain and grow style dependent.

I try to do it little by little all the way up to when branches start to harden too much.

Then again the majority of my grows go completely without supercropping.

There’s been a few times here and there where I have LATER realized “Oh, I have obviously supercropped this plant because the main cola (or cola number X) has been bent a lot and now its in an angle.” :joy:

It can be beneficial to do in many cases, especially the smaller you grow is, the more I’d recommend to do it.

Day 31 from sprout

They are all really showing their differences now as expected for some f2’s

But its getting pretty packed, i’ll pluck the bigger fan leaves as needed, but im gonna avoid it as much as i can as the plants have really nicely filled the space, and if i can get away with not plucking i will, or at least till the last 2 weeks or so.

Most likely only about 4.5 weeks left, lets keep it running smooth.

15 Likes

Those look like they are doing well under the SolStrips. Going to make some concentrates?

2 Likes

i’m not as smooth as our boy Homie & attacked the domes with a knife. heh.

if you carefully drill some small holes in sequence that might help, just stay clear of the circuitry/led’s.

:evergreen_tree:

More than likely yes as it is my preferred consumption method, but ill keep a bit as bud.

1 Like

what size are the pots ?

they are regular 750g yogurt containers, initially filled to 550ml of soil volume, but just topped them up to about 700ml , so 18-24oz for the Americans

3 Likes

Day 34, still 4 weeks to go. They’re starting to crystal up and build some density now. Might have to deal with the plant on the front left as its getting pretty close to the light, but is fine for now.

Need to do a res fill, will probably aim for the 2.2ec range

12 Likes

They are looking great, I don’t think that plant is too close yet, mine aren’t even too close yet.

14 Likes

In the center i have that much room, on the left side for the one top bud is a two finger width from the light, but its darker over there.

2 Likes

Looking good this morning, pluck a couple leaves that were inner orientated and jamming against each other to allow more space or light for buds a bit lower.

But really minor plucking.

Also played with the image i tiny bit in photoshop, just cause the strictly 3500k lights don’t give anywhere near accurate color rendering especially when a photo is taken, different in person obviously.

14 Likes

Day 36 From sprout.

The slow part imo where buds start to stack and build. Probably under 4 weeks left to go.

14 Likes

Also for those following along those seeds i posted back in post 146

Well i finally got around to getting them ready for those who want them.

But im gonna put a stipulation on that only people following this thread or liking and commenting previous to this post have the option to get them.

Just a way to benefit the other regular members here on OG.

So saying that i have 15 packs of these f2’s which are currently being run above. Also i went through some of my older seeds and made 4 packs of some sativa leaning f1s of these dark devils, they are lanky but would suit outdoor or bigger grow spaces. Also im offering 2 packs worth of some older “2015” feminized mixed photoperiods, which is composed of ice, bubblegummer and blueberry cheescake originally from female seeds, unsure on the viability of them but if your into giving them a go let me know.

Pm me if you would like a pack, and i’ll just confirm you’ve been active here, and send you a letter.

16 Likes

Dibs! I’ll hit you up on PM.

3 Likes

All this love :heart:

I love your passion and dedication to the cause :heart:

No need for seeds for myself but its so nice to see that you’re spreading the love :heart:

That’s the OG spirit :heart:

5 Likes

thanks sneaky

Also for those who will be getting seeds, i should warn that this is fully experimental way to ship them in order for them to go by cheapest letter post. But i expect them to get there.

4 Likes