Micro Growing with Mr. Sparkle *2018*

Like yourself, I have enough seeds to get me through to 2020 and beyond but I still want to PM my address lol.

1 Like

Wahooo washoooo! :smile: PMing you promptly Sir!

:evergreen_tree:

You betcha @Mr.Sparkle! It would be an honor and a pleasure for me to grow out some of your work. Please include me in your generous distribution of what I know will be some great herb. Much love and respect…:cowboy_hat_face:

They will be in the mail tomorrow.

@oleskool830 wouldn’t necessarily say my work, these are more of a pollen chuck and these F2’s will be diverse plants with that unfortunately sensitive mutant plant mixed in there at low percentage, which should just be plucked if you get it, but otherwise they should yield some fun plants for everyone to play with.

The more interesting or better stuff imo is crosses that im currently in the works playing with which i have limited seeds of but ill be making more seeds once i get to play with them a bit more and potentially have another cabinet to do so in.

5 Likes

11 packs sent out so far :wink: hopefully they make it which they should, but just give me a shout when you get them.

PS. i’ll leave this for those getting some, Im sure most of you will figure it out but align the marks and you will probably need a pair of tweezers and a bamboo skewer or similar skinny tool for retrieval.

9 Likes

snicker :grin:

4 Likes

playing around tonight to see if this works, had to down size it to be under 3meg.

Day 3 to 37

20 Likes

Was checking things tonight, and noticed really really minor tip burn, just the very nips of the end of the leaves, so just to double check i tested the EC of the reservoirs.

Well both had risen from the 2.2 i had filled them at, the one on the right was at 3.0, and the one on the left 2.6, so i just diluted them back down to 2.0 for now, and will check them a couple times again through the week, and will take a guess at what i should be feeding them and do a res change later in the week to the weekend.

It all makes sense currently as they are probably starting to consume less as the focus on bud building, that or ive been over feeding for how much they are consuming water wise.

We will see.

6 Likes

Decided to change over the reservoirs ec is at right around 2.0, as they went up over night, not mixed thoroughly and drain back from the plants, so we will see how it handles, also opted for a fresh batch as well as it was the bottom of the small sample bag of mega crop on that last fill up which it didn’t look as well proportioned compare to the fresh stuff.

Also gave them a spray down with some water, diluted nutrients and about half a drop of soap mixed with water “surfactant”

Moved a couple of branches and pluck a couple big older lower fan leaves but just a couple.

Day 38 from sprout

20 Likes

The cab looks like it is perfectly filled.

They are not growing upwards anymore are they?

2 Likes

No they aren’t growing upwards anymore, well apart from that normal bud expansion that happens in the last couple weeks of flower, but stretching is done now.

And yes the cabinet is pretty packed at the moment, and to think i wanted to run about 40% more light. Next round maybe…

5 Likes

Day 40 from sprout.

Yeah i think things are going decent lol.

Wish the 3500k light didn’t wash out the colors but you will see them all in the end.

19 Likes

Day 42 from sprout.

Just before this pic i was taking plants out of the cab and putting them on top to access the reservoirs for swap out, but right at that time had a cloths hanger bar above them all. pop out also finding out the back brace for the shelf isn’t actually screwed in. Well knock over three of the plants, and dumped a jacket, climbing gear, a helmet, and the cloths rod on top of them…

Came out pretty unscathed with just a couple of leaves being chopped off and the house smelling like plants.

Anyways plants wise i plucked a bit of the inner and lower fan leaves that were blocking bud sites a couple days ago more than i probably needed too. Also just refilled and lowered my feed rate down to 1.8ec, as the plants aren’t drinking as much being later flower so i was still noticing my EC was rising in my reservoirs, so we will see how this runs for now, probably will have to lower it again come the next fill as ideally im looking to get the EC of the reservoirs to be even through feeding over the next week with flush back.

16 Likes

You are certainly in a class of your own…:slight_smile::thumbsup:
I would be honored to try some of your creations. If you have any left… are those the dark devils you were working on.?

7 Likes

@robertaaronson and @shroomgod i currently only have a couple packs of the sativa leaning f1’s left as far as autos, and the two older feminized photoperiod mixed packs left, just cause im saving some for the 16oz grow contest as prizes.

But if your interested in either just send me a pm with your safe address and ill get them sent out ;).

4 Likes

Day 44 from sprout

They are still going, currently they are making me question if my dates are right as these are are looking like they may finish quicker than i expected, but they are still growing and would have another 2+ weeks to go still.

Things are getting pretty chunky, and they are starting to throw off more smell now too.

15 Likes

are you thinking about increasing the height of the cabinet yet? :slight_smile:
:evergreen_tree:

Haha yes but not possible, so im actually thinking of decreasing my pot volume, will possibly bring less yield but will have more room to spread out.

2 Likes

Took some smaller side bud shots and a bigger but shot of the 4 different plants in this run for these DDf2’s.

Was just taking a closer look tonight (loupe) as they looking like they were finishing up in full on go mode and were seeming older than what they really are. But still a ways off after a closer look im guessing probably another week+ at least so for the quicker ones.

Run wise they are consuming less and less i think i started this last res batch feeding at 1.8ec but now they are both up to a 2.2ec right now, so my next fill im probably going to refill at 650-700ppm (1.3-1.4ec) and watch, i could cut them hard to some what hard from the feed (500ppm and under id expect) just to get more color and for them to consume themselves but id rather feed them to the end or slope it down with some smaller reservoir fills in the next while, but that’s if i cared to go that route. Really just a choice.

Here’s a smaller bud on the back left plant which is the mutant/sensitive plant, looking decent now, definitely more color than the others, nice smell too, and its leaves are becoming more covered trichome wise compare to the others, but has smaller buds, would be interesting to see resin yield differences between equal dry weights of all the plants… might have to try that once done.

Smaller bud shot of the back right plant, this is similar to the bigger plant if front of it as far as structure, growth habits, color, smell ect. They are the ones i like overall at least for growing. This ones starting to sorta foxtail a bit being happy.

Smaller bud shot of the green phenotype that popped up, its lankier and more airy, but has some purple starting to come in now. A note ot mention this plant and the mutant/sensitive one behind it have had less space = light, compare to the other side that out grew them and took more space, but still gonna be respectable in the end for me.

And the bigger bud shot of the front right plant, yeahhh… its still growing, but is now between the lights going into a dark zone at the top.

17 Likes

14 Likes