Micro Growing with Mr. Sparkle *2018*

Day 29/23 for Bogan
Removed the seeded plant which is currently under a table lamp for the last bit of seeds i want to finish up which i already have 250+ of, but the other plants obviously needed the room. The stubby seeded lower DD is still in the case but it’s hard to see in the pic, but the four plants are fully making use of the space. The Daiquiri Lime in the back right, i chopped the top of today as it did a mad dash to the light, tried bending the top over and plucking some upper leaves but it was in the light again today so it got the chop, left a pretty even canopy though. To note that plant has had claw like leaves since day one and as far as i can tell its just genetic and no actual issue as its growing and behaving normal.

Day 53/3 for the bucket, seedlings are runts due to the long time before planting, so i’ll wait to the end of the weak to see if i toss them. The other plant “stress killer cbd” is puttering along, burnt the one top, but i folded it over and accidentally snapping part of the stem where i had previous crushed it and it had healed, but im not concerned.

9 Likes

Buckets of buds.

Nice harvest.

Great show.

Thanks

99%

2 Likes

@99PerCent actually a pretty bad harvest due to the hiccups and my choices. But hey things don’t always go smooth with trying new setups and genetics.

But no sense dwelling on it, time to move on.

Bogan day 32/26

Case is doing well, the younger CM’s on the left are starting to stretch, its gonna be interesting to see the difference if much with running in different pots. The Girl Scout Cookie auto at the front is doing well, staying very squat so far and starting to throw out some resin, the Daiquiri Lime behind the with the curled leaves if doing good as well but hasn’t started flowering yet, or just is now.

Had a springtails flair up in that stubby seeded DD that i brought over from the bucket, so removed it to a window and did some sterilizing just to knock them and some algae back.

Bucket day 56/6. changed the watering arrangement around today, the flowering Stress killer, should of been getting two feed spouts but for whatever reason its been getting only one over the last week, so the seedling were getting overwatered to the point that they could easily produce runoff that the SK was pulling up anyways. Really just uneven watering but everything still moving along. Still may toss the seedlings and start a fresh batch once the other plant is done.

9 Likes

I have to disagree.

Dude you are pulling good looking buds from a bucket.

I have no doubt you will improve upon the methods.

Never thought it even possible.

Amazing.

99%

5 Likes

This has got to be one of my new favorite threads of all time. Your ingenuity is something to behold for sure. Love all your diy projects. I never would have thought microgrowing to the extent that you are was even possible before reading through this. Makes me appreciate the power of led even more haha well done brotha! Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

So still have some seeds to finish if i want too that are on some lower leftover sitting by a window.

But looking at 309 seeds in this shot, from just a single plant in 500ml of soil which is essentially the size of a solo cup. They still need to dry a bit and do some test germination, but should be set for awhile with these f2’s.

13 Likes

And the next one you can send out right :wink: :laughing:

2 Likes

Sure looks like 30 ten-packs to me :grin: :laughing: :joy:

2 Likes

but some i’ll be keeping for myself :wink: , the plan has been to ship off some to those who want some. Half got inspired and half thought up and have trialed a way to ship through normal letter post.

2 Likes

Bogan day 34/28

Well the two Cream mandarins on the left are in stretch mode, just decided to tie over the tops today, no pruning or stem crushing/folding yet but if i don’t have to i wont.

That daiquiri lime int he back right is still stretching just slowly and only once those CM started encroaching so im concerned with it as well, but im just gonna leave it as is and tie it back later if needed.

Bucket day 58/8

Should clip off that burn section as it could cause problems later “mold” but still looks like the plant has a good 2+ weeks left. The seedlings are just doing their thing, but still think i’ll be tossing them just cause.

Now future plans or decisions and would like to hear what you peeps think.

First the bucket the side lights should be higher in the bucket, so either i may just run as is for another round but with only 3 plants. Or i’m contemplating remaking the lower half just with the lights higher on the sides. The other option is using those cheap strip lighting i have as it will provide a more even light with less hot spots, but i would be taking out the resistors in the strips and either bridging them or re soldering in more leds then tailoring a power supply to it for better efficiency, instead of wasting 20-30% through the resistors.
Or making a new bucket with say 3 of the 14.5w leds boards, but probably not.

The other option is im contemplating making a dedicated cabinet for my one closet, ikea special with some mods and holes and such and if i did i would pick up some sol strips for it as it would be a bigger space 27"x13"x27" that or pickup a small tent but they don’t come in the size i would want to fit the space.

Just contemplating projects.

5 Likes

This!
And the solstrips!

2 Likes

You’d be unstoppable with a cabinet that size :grin: As much as I love the bucket, only being able to access that space from the top seems like it could be annoying… Anyway, I’m looking forward to your next project, no matter what form it make take.

3 Likes

It is a pain somewhat, as you have to reach in and pull out plants if you need to tend to them, making sure my water spouts are turned away from the pot as they snag if you don’t.

If i do make a bigger space current problems to be worked out is water storage whether inside the same cabinet “smaller flatter storage” or underneath with the cabinet raised off the ground more than the stock legs as locating the water above works for valve style systems but not pump and id prefer a pump as watering pressure doesn’t change like gravity systems as your reservoir depletes and it allows me to build in accidental flooding protection.

Also the sol strip layout is something i need to think about but would be easier to do once and if i have the parts and pieces as they are a bit too long or short depending on how i look at it and i would also need to figure out how many boards i would need which is most likely only two but three to four would provide better distribution and i could underdrive them then.

Probably an inline ozone generator as well for the exhaust apart from a carbon filter, just to really kill all and any smells, but another thing i need to look into.

Yeah… stuff to think about.

6 Likes

Any other things to build a micro grow out of? Fun to take day to day items and grow in them. I think pc case is still the most stealth given the size and the watering is easy. Buckets suck pulling out of from the top.

well i was seriously looking at some ziplock twist lock containers i was recycling to do a even smaller nano grow at 1L/1quart of space

But decided that my time could be put to use elsewhere. Yeah PC cases are probably one of the best micro stealth options that can be out in plain sight in my opinion. Which is kinda funny how many comments ive had about my one PC case from my lady’s father when he’s been over as he’s into computers. Such as oh that case is slightly too big for my space at home, to what do you use that one for “just a server/data cache” as i had two big cases out at one point. Funny thing is my actual main gaming computer is actually a micro itx build that sits in my tv accessory table and even though in plain sight most wouldn’t even guess because its so small.

But anything really could be made into a space, floor speakers, a sub box, side table, dressers, certain cupboards if ventilation is doable.

Personally i actually prefer custom build cabinets that typically fill or fit in specific areas to where i am such as corner closets or areas where they can be built and tucked away to the point that if your in the same room or whatever you won’t even notice and just dismiss it as just another cupboards/cabinet or a wall on the side of a closet or something.

Takes more work or at least planning to do those setups but they blend in so nicely once done.

5 Likes

Bogan Day 36/30
Had to tie down that Daiq Lime in the back as well, just took the branches and more or less made loose knots of them.

Will probably hit the front right “GSC” with some DarkDevil pollen on the lowers in a week or so, just for a few seeds to play with.

Bucket day 60/10

That stress killer is getting there, so shortly we will see if im starting a new run or not.

10 Likes

Bogan Day 38/32
Was pretty packed today, nice and healthy, decided to do one final shaping/plucking to focus energy to only the bud sites that will be viable.

That Fast Buds - GSC is finishing out nicely so far, definitely gonna hit it with some pollen. Has a nice structure, gonna be a quick finisher and it kept itself pretty contained, bit on the small side height wise but didn’t try out growing its space with showing an indica structure which is a plus in my case. Also starting to smell decent too.

Bucket day 62/12

The Stress killer is coming out this weekend, and i’ll be germinating some of those seeds i made tonight. Will pull everything out of the bucket come the weekend and start a new round.

6 Likes

Bogan Day 41/35

It’s packed again, very little room left but no burning yet, so just will keep plugging away. I will be plucking the odd leaf here and there but it will be minor.

Everything in the bucket was pulled, but ill have some plant to plant shortly, also started work on the new cabinet which once up and running the bucket and pc case will be retired, case will go into storage and the bucket probably dismantled.

7 Likes

There should be a museum. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Sparkles did you take any pictures of the bucket plants outside of the bucket???

2 Likes