Middleman 2024 Grow Log

I chopped four plants today at Day 62.

Two Cherry AK-47 F3 from @JAWS :

Two Lifesaver F2 from @Cartwright :

The Cherry AK-47 both had a bit of bud rot (@jaws called it) and so did one of the Lifesaver. I removed those sections and sprayed with Hypochlorous acid.

17 Likes

CAK-47 susceptible to bud rot? Common? Very interesting.

Only time I’ve ever experienced bud rot has been from excessive flushes myself which is why I’m typically feeding all the way and flush only for a day or two max.

1 Like

Well, I think he was saying to look just because of how solid the cola is.

I’m in soil, and have been mostly water only for all of flower. Humidity in the tent was probably averaging 40%, but no air could get in around the buds making up the cola.

1 Like

Gotcha… Yeah makes sense with those donker buds.

Sucks to lose any to rot… What is a good amount or minimal?

I do love me some hypochlorous… I use it for everything. Clone dunks, in my drip setup, general clean up around the grow. Even foliared an entire run with it once. A versatile tool in the grow.

1 Like

I don’t know. I mean, zero is good. But I’ve lost entire plants to it before, so the 5% or less I took off of these was fine by me.

Yeah, I have a hypochlorous acid generator and I use it for a lot of things. It has really helped me with cloning.

4 Likes

Looks super tasty, :heart_eyes:

1 Like

2 Likes

That’s him too!

1 Like

Chopped three more today.

Goji OG x Inebriating Mints @BasementBeans
(It had a fair amount of bud rot):

The two PUTS zkittles x banana OG x zkittles @chefro @corgitron
(One of these had a little rot):

19 Likes

Still looks good :+1:

1 Like

Three more, Day 70.

Liquor Cookies Moonshine x Chem D (had a touch of bud rot):

Eutierria x Bubba Kush 1:

Eutierria x Bubba Kush 2 (the whole top cola had rot, had to cut it off):

16 Likes

Damn, I don’t want to like posts about someone finding rot. Haha. That sucks though man. Sorry to hear. I know it’s coming for me on this run too. My tent is never below 60% and I’m lucky if it’s below 70% when the lights are off these days.

3 Likes

I just didn’t have enough airflow, and some of those buds were pretty thick and dense. I had sprayed them all with Hypochlorous acid a couple weeks ago, but I didn’t pull the buds open to let it penetrate. But I think it did help somewhat.

Overall I didn’t lose too much. This has not been a great run though, with all the herms at the beginning and the bud rot at the end. Just how it goes sometimes…

6 Likes

I can’t imagine having the patience to trim on the plant like that…

Nice chunky buds, nice run overall.

3 Likes

Thanks GC. I just do a couple plants at a time. I don’t use trimmers, just pull leaves off by hand. It gets tedious, but it’s manageable. If overall humidity was lower, I probably would trim after drying. But with the bud rot I figured better to get rid of as many leaves as possible.

6 Likes

Last four, Day 71.

GG4 RIL x Guerrilla Fume @DefNSmokn :

Grass Fire OG x GG4 RIL @ReikoX :

Tomahawk:

Bodega Bubblegum F2:

20 Likes

Damn that tomahawk looks like it stacked very well. Ever the lowers are chunky and the side branching looks fairly upright. How is the density of the flower?

Def’s GG4 x GF looks like she’s got some mad lean in the side branching. Super dense buds?

Who’s your favorite in this group terps wise?

Everyone looks pretty good!

5 Likes

Looking good!!! No rot on any of these?? Fingers crossed for no rot. I’m out of likes and going through journals. Sucks. Haha

2 Likes

The Tomahawk is dense. All of them are actually. I’m impressed with how the Tomahawk turned out considering I was going to toss it after all the male flowers.

Yes. Super dense. The picture doesn’t do it justice. I sort of broke the main stem and propped it up for the picture.

The GG4 stuff is fairly similar terp wise. GFOG has something unique I can’t figure out. I thought maybe grape earlier. The Fume has some doughiness.

In the tent, the Goji OG x Inebriating mint was my favorite with a not too sweet floral scent. But now I gotta say that Bodega Bubblegum is my favorite. Subtly sweet with none of the gassiness.

Yeah, just a small amount on the GG4 x Fume and the GFOG x GG4. I was able to pinch it out and spray before hanging

6 Likes

Damn that looks good! They all do! Bummer about the budrot and hopefully the dough terps turn into something chemmy or curly in cure. I think both my cross and @ReikoX cross look similar, probably from the GG4ril. I really like the look of that Bodega Bubblegum, no gas or bubble gum?

3 Likes