Middleman mutants - ABC crosses and other stuff

Wowza. 8 footer. That’s a big ass bitch. Keep me posted on that smoke report, definitely. I’ve been curious about Freakshow and the ilk. Haven’t ever smoked a mutant strain.

4 Likes

@middleman Your plants are looking great! :grinning:

4 Likes

ABC are huge matey. Great job can wait to see them at harvest time.

3 Likes

For those I recently sent seeds to, if you still have not received them, please let me know and I can re-send.

@joheimgrohen , I never got your address.

And if there are one or two others that were not on the list but would like some, post a comment below.

8 Likes

Getting ready for the GTTC (ECSD x Cherry Kush) back cross. The GTTC is front and center, recently up potted and ready to go. Just need one good male from the 9 others (outcrossed to Sour D from jinglepots seedrun). Hopefully one that’s similar to GTTC.

13 Likes

I finally had a much higher level of success rooting cuts than I had been having.

I used a modified version of a method @HorseBadorites highlighted. Instead of water bottle ice cube trays, I just used solo cups with holes in the bottom. Vermiculite in the cups and put the cups in a tub with a little bit of water in the bottom.

7 out of 8 rooted in about three weeks.

19 Likes

Nicely done :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m glad I found your post with the link because I was struggling no matter what I tried.

8 Likes

Glad to see you are finally finding a method that works best for you!
Looks like the gttc!

4 Likes

Kush Mints!!! Hungry for nutes

4 Likes

Hey I have one of them ! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Where is said link? Sounds like info I could use better clone rates!

2 Likes
6 Likes

Getting ready for the GTTC backcross.

Here is the GTTC:

Of the nine outcross plants, I only got three males. Which one would you use (left, middle or right), and why?

Something about the left one makes me want to cull it, but I’m not sure what. They all seem pretty similar and I’m considering keeping two.

13 Likes

I’ve heard that you want to look at it as if it’s a female. Tighter pollen sack spots, tighter bud spacing. I think Males are almost always taller, but height might be a good indicator too. I’d let them go just a tad bit and really see how they all start to develop. But my instinct says the one on the right is gonna be your guy. Just my opinion~

5 Likes

They look quite similar, if I had to pick I’d favour #2 but that’s mostly a whim. I’d go with 2 males as well.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

I would use all 3 males. :partying_face:

6 Likes

My first pick is #2. Second pick would be #3
Just going by the structures of the plants I see in the pics.

2 Likes

Slowly working on the BerryFreak seeds.

The non-pinnate (1-6). Still have to sort 5 and 6:

The pinnate (7, A, B, C):

@crunkyeah

21 Likes

The BF clones in early flower outside.

And the two (TW x GG4 RIL) x ABC that have been pummeled by the heavy rains and winds we’ve been gettin just about every day

If I knew how tall these were gonna get, I would have planted them a lot farther apart and maybe pruned the lower branches early on.

25 Likes