Middleman mutants - ABC crosses and other stuff

Of course, yes please!!
Thanks for the chance and thanks for being so attentive with us.
:green_heart:

1 Like

Good question. It’s already been flowering for a couple of months. For some reason it sort of autoflowered. I need to check it.

2 Likes

The signup filled fast, but I’ll make another pack for you. I just have to figure out a way to remember to add you. You might have to remind me when I start asking for addresses.

3 Likes

It’s the biggest ABC female I’ve ever seen. Great job with the breeding. It’s great to see what everyone is doing with the ABC crosses now…

2 Likes

Ok. Many thanks!.. Hope my brain reminds me that :rofl:

1 Like

I’ll probably remember.

1 Like

@Piter go ahead and PM an address.

1 Like

Middleman is a true OG :100:
Can’t wait to see these genetic masterpieces popping up all over the world. Have a great Sunday everyone!

5 Likes

Many thanks!!!

1 Like

A bit disappointed with my current projects.

The SSDD stuff is having issues in early veg. That almost never happens. All my issues seem to come out mid flower.

The GTTC backcross is going to require a back step. I ended up choosing male 2 from the outcross because there was feedback leaning in that direction, but mostly because I felt the leaf morphology most closely matched the GTTC.
That male turned out to be pistillate (herm).

Probably hardest to see in that last pic, but there were a bunch towards the top. They have all shriveled. I suppose they were self pollinated.

Anyway, I’ll finish making the bx1 seeds, but I’m just gonna set them aside. I could go one step back and grow out more of the outcross looking for a stable male, but I’ve had too many intersex issues with those Sour Diesel. I thought I had 9 in this outcross bunch, but it was 8; 5 female and 3 male. 1 of the female had early pollen sacs and at least 1 male (the one I kept) had pistils.

Instead, I’m gonna start over and use the Chocolate Diesel pollen from @AzSeaindooin420 for the outcross. I was gonna make that cross anyway. Might as well use it to make this project work.

So much time wasted. Man I hate dealing with intersex plants when trying to do a little breeding.

10 Likes

@middleman I have a lot of respect for you as a grower and as a talented pollen chucker. The work you are doing is groundbreaking and you should be proud of your accomplishments.
That being said, you chose to work with sour diesel, a line that is well known for intersexism. Intersexism is hard wired into the genetics of the line, and none of the line’s previous contributors have been able to conquer that trait. What makes you think you can?
I say, if someone wants those sour diesel terps, intersexism, and perhaps a few seeds :wink:, is the price we pay. :grinning:

4 Likes

Probably undeserved, but thank you.

I only recently discovered this since I’ve grown it within the last year.

Oh trust me, I know I can’t. That’s the reason I plan to abandon the Sour Diesel as the outcross. Or are you saying that even the Chocolate Diesel will have it in the line?

The GTTC is half ECSD and it’s completely stable. I have abused the hell out of it and never seen as much as a late flower nanner, so I think the intersex came from the Top Dawg that I outcrossed to.

Do you think I should abandon this project altogether and stick with the S1s that I already made?

2 Likes

No man that SUCKS! I just had to chop a mother a couple weeks from harvest cause of the spider spinning bastards.

2 Likes

@middleman I was suggesting that you continue on with the project, and know that some of the progeny might also show intersex traits. I bet lots of people would still want to grow it.

4 Likes

The BerryFreak F4 clones outside in the (much needed) rain.

23 Likes

At what point in flowering do you want to try and avoid rain on the buds?

2 Likes

Probably a lot of factors there, but I would think preventing water on the buds as early as possible is best. It’s going to be unavoidable for me in finishing plants outside, so I just hope they are resistant to bud rot.

5 Likes

Seems like forever ago that I reversed the Kush Mints to make S1s. I thought it had failed, but at the last minute it happened. Didn’t get a whole lot of seeds, but these are mostly just for me anyway. In addition to the Kush Mints, I used the pollen on Bubba Kush and Crasher Toyz.

19 Likes

Checked your entire journey on seedrunning Berry freak.

Thank you for the gift,I’ll try to work with the pinnate version ( 10 seeds BF male x BF4 female) to bring them to F6.

Then,if the pinnate plants are High in percentage I’ll start to work them with my autoflowers to make a full pinnate auto,this Is going to be difficult and require some backcross,so cloning and growing up photos in general which I ve never done before are just some of the issues I am going to face.
It will require to grow some generations too.

Thanks to @crunkyeah and @middleman who gave me good Infos and kindly answered all my questions.

12 Likes

Got mine too, thanks a lot!

6 Likes