Middleman mutants - ABC crosses and other stuff

sadly that ones a male @PineTarBastard but here’s what a clone of his looked like

7 Likes

I transplanted the little bastards into 10 gal (I think) fabric pots. Same as I used successfully for the previous ABC cross.

Doesn’t look like much, I know. I put 6 each, 24 total in the pots and still had three in the seedling flat.

I sprayed the Sour Diesel and Bubba Kush with Captain Jacks and JADAM wetting agent because they have thrips pretty bad.

I also sprayed the clones because they’re in the same tent. They don’t look bad.

In the flower tent, the original GTTC is making S1 seeds.

I was gonna keep the reversed clone to see if it had seeds also, but it has bud rot. I’ll throw it out tomorrow.

I ordered a bag of worm castings because I’m gonna be starting more seeds soon and I don’t want to take a chance with them. I’ll update when I start those. (Hint: it’s another mutant type)

20 Likes

Looking great! Fellow grower I have helping test the ones I’ve crossed popped a couple of em and both came up with some interesting results!

9 Likes

Ok, starting the next project. Moving away from ABC for a moment to start some pinnate mutants.

I’ve had a pack of BerryFreak Version 1 for awhile now:

Chatting with @crunkyeah (who seems to me to be our resident mutant expert), he convinced me to start them. But what’s more, he sent me some Berry Freak F4:

So, tonight they soak:

Tomorrow I’ll put them on Earthworm Castings over a heat mat:

Many thanks @crunkyeah

32 Likes

This is as mutant as the ABC or a little less?

3 Likes

Just different.

(Not my picture. Just pulled it from the web)

20 Likes

Glad I signed up for alerts on this thread.

Freak Power! :fist:

10 Likes

Love to see these soaking! Good vibes coming I can feel it!

Some info about the BF F4:
“Original Berry Freak selection, selected out of 120+ siblings bred over 5 + years ago
Flowering Time 75-80 days
Description: Begins with a Very Uplifting buzz that leads to a mellow sedated state. Smells like berries, grape and haze with hints of menthol and rubber.
Most phenotypes display unique/pinnate leaflets.”

11 Likes

Good luck with the run brother !
That’s one bad ass bear !

2 Likes

Like if freak show was at the gym 5 days a week. Not quite 7 though.

3 Likes

I can’t wait to see what pops up this run for you. Be sure to do a comparison of the Freak vs Bastard growth habit. I wonder if they are slow as well? or vigor varies? I wonder if they do better under high light stress or are more sensitive?

2 Likes

In early veg they’re kind of slow but vigor is much much better than ABC in my opinion. I would say that they do better under normal lighting in veg but in flower they can take light like the best of them. They do seem to be a bit sensitive to nutrition in veg but I haven’t tried with organic nutrition yet. I use salt nutes for mine. My BF keeper is quite large but she doesn’t seem to need much nutrition until flowering hits; then it’s game on.

6 Likes

Two and a half days on the EWC after an overnight soak, and I’m surprised the results so far are not better. That’s the best technique I have for good germination. I feel like I would have done just as well with the paper towel method, which is what I usually do.

5 of 12 BF v1
12 of 14 BF F4

Tomorrow I’ll put the ones that have started in solo cups and hope for the rest to sprout.

19 Likes

I’ve heard of people dropping their lings in the EWC before but I’ve never seen it in action. Very interesting. Not having the results you were looking for though?

I myself really like using the cotton makeup pads. reusable and seem to hold the perfect amount of moisture.

Looking forward to seeing what these BerryFreaks do!

6 Likes

This is the method JohnnyPotseed has posted about. He swears by it. I’ve had good success with it in the past. It could just be that these seeds are naturally slow to germinate. Also, for the version 1 seeds, I’ve had those for over a year and my unrefrigerated storage may be to blame.

7 Likes

Hopefully make seeds! Like most of what I’ve been running lately, that’s the plan for them.

6 Likes

You plan to cross this to ABC?

A BerryfreaC lol

3 Likes

Ha!

No. For now I just want to make increase.

9 Likes

Quick update on the BerryFreak:

As of this morning, 6 more of the v1 had germinated. That’s now 11 out of 12. I guess I just needed patience. Still one left of the v1 and two of the F4. I cracked all three to see if they’ll come out tomorrow.

17 Likes

I slept on your thread a bit, all caught up now, youve been busy i see :slightly_smiling_face:

Gotta say, more seeds and early selection tickles my nerdy very much.

Keep it up.

5 Likes