Middleman mutants - ABC crosses and other stuff

I’ve been wanting to do that update specifically for you.

Surprisingly, there is really nothing from these yet. It’s ok either way though because these are just a stepping stone on the way to a backcross.

Same for the Bubba. I only have the one, and I’m hoping it’s a male.

7 Likes

For anyone that I’ve sent seeds of
(88G13HP x Sour Blutooth) x ABC to:

There may be an issue where these do not all have ABC leaf type. As far as I know, @FeloniousMonk is the only one growing them so far, and he let me know that he has at least one (maybe more) with normal leaves.

I went back through my previous thread to see what pollen could have crossed with these and the only other pollinations I had going were ABC fem and Supafreak fem. Both were done in a separate building. The ABC fem would still have produced all ABC leaf type with these, and the Supafreak pollen barely worked on the target plants. Not to mention I don’t know what a SF x ABC cross looks like exactly anyway. Can it produce normal leaves?

The last possibility I can think of is that I somehow got seeds from something else mixed in when I packed his up (and who knows who else’s).

So, apologies to everyone for these not being what I thought they were. Took a long time to get to this point, so it’s a bit disappointing, but sometimes that’s how it goes.

If anyone else grows these and gets normal leaf plants, please let me know. @FeloniousMonk don’t hesitate to post what you’re getting here if you feel like it.

12 Likes

I’ll let you know when I pop some. :grin:

2 Likes

I just want to jump in here. I have so far only seen one that is expressing standard leaves. It sounds like @middleman was more than cautious enough to prevent cross contamination between the Freakshow and the ABC.

For context, I spotted a single set of standard leaves among the 12 seedlings that are cooking along so far. The rest have not grown enough for me to tell. I planned to keep this grow limited to a pheno hunt within the seeds @middleman sent, so no standard seeds were started at the same time. With that said I have not been wearing a lab coat and tracking plants in a spreadsheet, so I think there is a possibility for error here. Middleman has suggested that another seed may have snuck in, and I may also have been the source of this sneaky seed. I think it speaks to his character that he let everyone know about the issue, but I am hoping that middleman and everyone else doesn’t take this as evidence that the whole project went tits up.

Here are the pics:

That’s the seed what done it officer

100% confirmed bastard

10 Likes

In a couple days, I will be germinating some. I will let you know how they go.

5 Likes

so you’re telling me, i ate normal leaf seeds?? ewwwwwww :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

BTW I have heard from a seller online (mixed reviews from me, so I don’t trust this 100%) that says that the Freakshow X ABC cross ended up with a high percentage of Freakshow leaf types. Based solely on that, I’m thinking there is some recessive trait that they have in common. But since I’ve never actually seen it, this is all theoretical. Once I have thousands of pure ABC and SupaFreak seeds, I want to try a cross to see just what happens.

6 Likes

Thanks for the info. I’ll be popping mine sometime in the summer and I’ll let you know what I find.

Even if there’s no ABC, and just G13hp and sour bluetooth show up, it still sounds delicious. Thanks again for the alphabet beans!

4 Likes

Already been done by @lilmanbigplan :grinning:

5 Likes

Incremental progress…

BerryFreak V1:

BF F4:

(TW x GG4) x ABC:

Sour Diesel (topped):

Bubba Kush (topped):

I chopped the S1 seeded Grand Traverse Tart Cherry (no pics). Three seeds fell out as I was cleaning leaves off. It has at least a few dozen more that are visible. I’ll know how many in a couple weeks.

20 Likes

All of your plants are looking good. Just curious, where did you source the Bubba Kush seeds? Have you grown them before?

4 Likes

I got those labeled Pre98 Bubba Kush from @Bobgrows . She may have more info on them.

This is the first I have grown them. Unfortunately I tried to start 7 seeds, but only got one to germinate. Likely user error on my end.

I was hoping for at least three, like the Sour Diesel, with at least one male, so I could make increase while using it to cross them back cross the Kush Mints.

7 Likes

Sounds like some nice combinations. I can tell you’re a fan of the Kush Mints. :grinning:

2 Likes

Well, it’s a beautiful plant with nice smells, and I’d like to preserve something close to it in seed form.
I actually like that Grand Traverse Tart Cherry better and I’ve gotten better feedback on it from the people I’ve given it to. I’d like to save both without having to keep a mother. I know I’m asking for the impossible, but …

3 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Woah Nelly! I think adding the mutated leaves to the power and aesthetic of your other selections is such a next-level move. I’m actually glad to see that my Freakshows look pretty close to your Berry Freak. I was worried they were kind of stunted, but they are slowly starting to put out some respectable leafage. I actually saw the picture and was like “did I post that here” for half a second lol

3 Likes

I could send you a few more if you would like of the Pre 98 Bubba Kush.
Let me know

5 Likes

Wow, your generosity never ceases to amaze me.

I was going to say “no” because I have received a lot from you, but I think I will take you up on it. A large portion of any seeds I make will of course head in your direction.

PM inbound.

Thank you :pray:

5 Likes

They are yours! I’ll get them out this week!
I hope you enjoy this strain as much as I have! :green_heart::v:

5 Likes

Hey, @middleman, you’ve inspired me brother. Fully half of my photo period girls this run are A.B.C. Some from you, some from @ChronicMcBudz(which could be from you I don’t know), some from SwarleySeeds, and one strain from “Annunki Genetics” called “Subterfuge”. There are 4 other photo and 2 auto strains but these are the Aussies.

11 Likes

Cool, I’ll be watching.

6 Likes