Mites,Thrips, Aphids 'one-n-done' with pics

Man, this could be a “game changer” for a lot of us.

6 Likes

Thanks @JohnnyPotseed and your anon friend! Just did a damaging soap spray (too much!) on the little fkr’s and while it ‘worked’ it probably set the plants back a week or two! This sounds much more like something I’d like to try. Now to see if I can actually find all those items over here!

:call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Sounds like a winner for bug defense.
I am a bit concerned what it does to the plant as far as smoke goes. I. E. Does it affect potency, taste etc. And how deep into flower is it safe to use.

1 Like

No harm to the plant cuz. You can use it on flowering since the alcohol involved is minimal. I wouldn’t use it close to a harvest, just because of any residue. Same as with any other pesticide.

1 Like

Do you mix your own fertilizer from raw salts?

Edit: And thanks for sharing this recipe.

2 Likes

Nope I use all kitchen ‘debris’ eggshells, coffee grounds, all uncooked veggie and fruit leavings, also any stems and fan leaves from Ganja harvested. I add perlite, worm castings, and other amendments to my compost bins. Also a couple times a year I toss a few hundred red wigglers in there too.
Before we moved here 5yrs ago, I had a 20’x30’ compost area, that we’d worked for around 20+ years. We had to start over in our new digs, but it does the job nicely. Without us ever having to buy soil from stores!
I actually brought a good bit of the compost from our last place, lol I had 41 mothers and clones in large pots, buried in a trailer. over 25 survived the 5 days it took to get here. It was only a just under 1300 mile move, but we had4 vehicles pulling 2 trailers including the big Penske box truck. Two of em kept having issues all the way here!

12 Likes

@JohnnyPotseed I’m wondering IF this recipe can be used on Spidermits ?

I don’t have any & I certainly don’t want them ever again.

1 Like

All Mites, Thrips & Aphids cuz
It was specifically designed by ‘anonymous’ because he had a bad Spider Mite problem!
There are certain areas, Oklahoma being one of em, that have massive Spider Mite problems
If you read the whole preamble, you’ll see he was a ranch/farm manager, so the buck stopped with him! He spent several months developing and testing this on different types of plants. Fruits, veggies, ornamentals, and yes even Ganja!

9 Likes

Oh! Cool. That’s even better, then.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Well, I have yet to make the mix. Though you better believe that I will if them damn thrips want to go to war again.
But it sounds like Anonymous will be a legend! :clap:

3 Likes

Thanks for the detailed post @JohnnyPotseed. I like this mix, it can save a lot of grows!

4 Likes

I want to thank all for the kind words, and reception of this! I appreciate all of yas, OGfamily rules!

5 Likes

As I said earlier, even though we sprayed thoroughly the first treatment, all over the plant, top of soil, pots and floor around them. We knew there were more SpiderMites still in the rooms. On walls, ceilings and items in the rooms. So we knew there’d be another treatment coming soon. We found a couple mites when examining with scope, sprayed everything a second time yesterday… nothing to be seen today!

10 Likes

I might be alone in this. But I think it’d be interesting to see what this spray does to one of these bugs (a mite, thrip, aphid, etc.), say in a mason jar, or something like that.

4 Likes

Sorry cuz, we don’t see anymore to run that ‘experiment’ on lol I don’t know that I’d even try it, to be honest… I know what this stuff does, and that’s good enough for me.

2 Likes

@JoeCrowe might be able to schedule you for a snuff film under the scope some time. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

It would be interesting to see, but I would have to use a bit more alcohol since I can’t get over 75%. Alcohol in general is lethal to bugs. hah hah human brain cells too :wink:

9 Likes

You can’t go to a liquor store and buy Everclear?
A pint of Everclear was cheapest route, also no waiting on shipping from Amazon, where you can also buy the 100% Ethanol

6 Likes

Everclear here in Commiefornia is 151 proof… the max allowed by law :sob: … “in our best interest” :rofl::thinking::roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Every state has different proof regulations.
Make your own!

25 Likes