My kinda high

So every time I try to write this out, I am pretty high, so it tends to come out jumbled, but we are going for it again tonight, ladies and gentlemen.

The way I prefer to be, when I smoke is red, droopy eyes, feeling kinda silly, and dumb. I had smoked a couple Sativas that either didnt do much for me, or just seemed like a dose of pure anxiety, so I assumed those were not for me, and I went about life looking in the direction of Indica, mostly. I dont want to go to sleep though, I can do that on my own. Recently, I thought maybe hybrids would have the answer.

I was just gifted some headband for xmas, and this is the high I like. Then I realized that as far as I can recall, Headband is usually listed as a Sativa. Has my recent (poor quality) memory been a lie? I have no idea what’s going on right now. lol

14 Likes

Take a deep breath, grow it out, it will tell you what it tells you!

5 Likes

I’m glad some of the freebies I received were Sativas, so I can do just that and experiment/experience more :slight_smile:

BTW, I am totally in my happy place, thanks to this headband

6 Likes

Favorite Barry line:

"Are we going crazy, Barry?
“Could be, Other Barry…could be”

Headband is whatever you want it to be. People assign the terms arbitrarily. Don’t get caught up in the sativa-indica dichotomy they’re effectively meaningless words to begin with.

7 Likes

I found this very helpful when combined with mushroom microdosing. Black pepper balls will get you feeling normal again too.

3 Likes

the whole sativa vs indica thing as far as being sativa=up and indica=down is old-fashioned thinking.

9 Likes

If there was a difference, it wouldn’t matter so much anymore since they’re almost all hybrids

6 Likes

Cannabinoids like thcv and cbd are cb2 receptor agonists which is what I need to not get nervous. It seems the green hairy Goddess wants me loving cb2, not just cb1 like delta 9, in order to not have a panic attack about my drug usage. In my own body and experience, this is a spirituality issue and not real physiological allergic reaction. Without a small bit of thcv I freak out and can’t enjoy thc marijuana, one of the sativa cannabinoids. Delta 8 thc (not delta 9) unlike thcv, is a cb1 agonist and yet I can use it without thcv because it is also a cb2 agonist. Basically, I need to activate cb2 receptors enough in balance of cb1 or I get scared I’m pissing off the gods for not fully glorifying both types. She really is a filled out woman and not just delta 9!

5 Likes

I don’t know if it’s my prescriptions or if it’s my experience dealing with anxiety for nearly 15 years now, but I find weed-paranoia easy to dismiss. I also find heavy sativas ANTI-anxiety. So I mean, people are different in general, but there’s a crop of us in the far end of the spectrum, where the weird shit happens. Some can’t deal with cannabis period, some get pretty much no effects. We don’t know enough to speculate as to why… but I will say what I look for, what works for me.

We share some things, I look for something to… sort of calm me, not sedate. Indica isn’t narcotic like for me but it does just dull my mind. But in sativas I have two highs. Mind, and body. Durban Poison is my absolute favorite, it gives me a mental relief that just calms things, and physically it isn’t too strong I can’t sit and watch tv. It’ll keep me up at night though. Indica after 9:30pm. Sweet Island Skunk is a great “recovery” for me, very cerebral and relaxing. Physically, I don’t know I always drift away in my mind. Sour Diesel, tricky. Sometimes it’s a little too racey, other times it’s just enough. But that is my go to for something to exercise on, really gets the heart going, feels fucking amazing. Mentally very racey, have to keep physically active to avoid paranoia.

But what you’re talking about… I’d lean hybrids. I’ve only hade it twice, but Skywalker. For me it was the first strain to get me close to “stoned”. Usually I don’t get many of the narcotic, giggly, fun stuff. Almost more like. Micro dose of acid for me, but not quite as colorful.

4 Likes

So many names and differences in phenos.
It can be confusing . You’ll know when got the one you love.
Jack Herer is awesome .

3 Likes

And unless you grew it, you’re not even promised the effect of the pheno… That’s one big thing that got me to grow. Reliable supply. I will say that Skywalker was some of the most impressive dispensary product I’ve gotten.

3 Likes

Headband is one of my fav strains man you cant go wrong and even though it says sativa it still has heavy indica from the og kush side… That sour side just make it pop though :joy:

1 Like

Also barry is hands down one of the best archer characters although this last season threw me through a loop

3 Likes

Yes I agree. Self reliance is awesome .
Get that pheno you love.

2 Likes

Have you ever tried Kali mist?

I don’t fuck with sativas for the most part but do like Kali mist and jack herer.

3 Likes

I have not. I do like the Jack Herer I’ve had previously. I will keep an eye out for Kali mist. Thanks

1 Like

I do also really like Skywalker. I thought I may have enjoyed Sweet Island Skunk too, but that was I was not looking at sativas. I appreciate all the info. I cant wait to have a nice variety in my home grown stash. It is a nice lesson in patience, in the meantime :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would love a “red, droopy eyes, feeling kinda silly, and dumb” benzo-ish experience, but it just doesn’t happen for me.

I’m similar to ChemicalDependant. Stuff that puts me on the couch puts me in a bad head space, up all night thoughts whirling. Stuff that’s energizing helps to get things done and lead a more functional life.

Indica/Sativa is just a convenient way to describe effects or structure IMO. Maybe not technically accurate, but convenient.

2 Likes

That’s what I try to remember… it’s not black and white. It’s just the best system we have really to describe the spectrum of effects.

My friends; I met a strain by the name of Face Mints last night. That was the most laid back, euphoric high I’ve ever had. New strains always hit a little extra, but this was something else. Can’t promise it does the same for anyone else, of course, but it really changed my mind on indica- I’ve been avoiding it because of how much better sativas generally are at treating my anxiety. This was like the amazing body high from Skywalker, with euphoric, heady mind high. Not very functional, like I’ve noticed with most indicas, but sometimes that’s what I need you know? It’s a much welcome release for a few hours in these stressful times.

So yeah man… I don’t know if it’ll work for you, but give that a try. It wasn’t quite as described, I didn’t feel a “punch in the face” or everything melt away, but it delivered on the euphoric giggles and dried my eyes and mouth out instantly. Very high “woah” effect. Not quite psychedelic, colors are a bit bright as per usual with any strain for me. But it was mostly just… My body quit complaining so damn much, my brain was too happy to worry. But I was having trouble making conversation even, I’d forget what we were talking about, lol. So I’d say this might fit your bill.

3 Likes

@ChemicalDependant this post has really got me thinking and needing to look into a few things for the old lady(not that she’ll try or trust it thou lol) I myself just enjoy smoke and anywhere from the down to up feel. She on the other hand will sit there completely silent on the couch in her mind going from the worse outcome to a even worse one. Was weird bc at first she wasn’t like this but now I’ve try all types of options or different make ups and no luck. I was leaning more to a high cbd makeup bc she enjoys cbd gummy bears for her aniexty but may have to look at that Durban Poison bc you explanation sounds spot on to her expierences. But like you said everyone is different in there own ways.

2 Likes