MoBilly’s green room

I truly hope none of you are like “you shouldn’t do that to one of your girls”. In another life I might have been a scientist. I just gotta know more, :thinking: always. :blush:

3 Likes

Update time!

Six seeds in water and going into the ammo box.

Here’s my test subject.

I took the twist all the way to the dirt.

Making the turn, I got a little too into it and cracked the main stem. I said that might happen. Duct tape to the rescue!

Here’s the pampered sister.

Just a little trim to get a similar shape and she’s good.

One of these girls had a rough day.

Tucked away for the day.

I had been watering light out to the edge of the bags so to soak up high in the bag in order to develop good root structure there.
Today I watered to runoff.

That’s it for now.
I hope all of you are blessed beyond measure this week!
:pray::v: :cowboy_hat_face:

20 Likes

Sorry everyone! I forgot to post this. I’m trying to run two journals and I dropped the ball a little.
So, here’s the lineup I promised for the grow.

Granddaddy Purple
Critical Kush
Cookies Kush
Purple Kush
White Widow
Skywalker
And my three clones

9 plants in a (hopefully) 5X8 canopy

If any of you know what I can expect to face with these strains please speak up. Again I appreciate your sharing. Of course I plan to ease into full doses of nutes, watching for any sign of trouble anyway and I’ll probably see pretty quick if that’s the case. But that’s the kind of stuff I like to have a heads up on. Really any heads up would be good. Thanks!

I hope your all well and truly blessed! :pray::v::cowboy_hat_face:

20 Likes

I ran Skywalker OG.
Very forgiving heavy feeder. Loves training and and almost doubles in stretch

4 Likes

I took her down right at 9 weeks.

2 Likes

Thanks @Beerus ! That’s exactly what I need to hear. I started a word document to keep notes like that. Thanks again and thanks for dropping by. :pray::v::cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Anyone wondering how the clones are doing?
The very next morning you can’t tell I ever twisted that clone.

Here is the super cropped clone.

Tune in again!
Same bat time,
Same bat channel!
Be blessed! :pray::v::cowboy_hat_face:

18 Likes

@repins12 ! I’m over here!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag brother. I’m tuned to watching :wink::+1::v:

3 Likes

I know it’s kinda redundant, @repins12 , being it’s the same grow, but some of these guys are crazy funny lol.
Glad you dropped in man!
:v::cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Here’s a little update everyone.

GDP

Cookies Kush

Critical Kush

As I said “a very little update”, about 3/8th of an inch.
The Skywalker OG is pushing up the soil so that is 4 up and going.
The White Widow went into dirt one day after the others and hasn’t shown any lift in the dirt yet but I have little doubt she is fine. She has an awesome tap.
The only seed that didn’t pop was the Purple Kush. I soaked it for two days. It’s in paper towels right now. I figured I’d give it a few days to see. It sure looks like a strong, viable seed.
I’m going to give it two days in paper and if it won’t pop I’ll soak it another time.
I have one more PK but I don’t want to give up just yet on that seed.

There you go. I know that there’s not much to show yet. Soon though!
Thanks for following along everyone!

10 Likes

Yeah don’t give up on her yet, my pk popped fine. The sw is giving me trouble, go figure.

2 Likes

Here’s a question for you all.
The sprouts are a jumping up.
I have my clones on six hours of darkness.
That six hrs is not too long for the babies is it? I’d like to run them straight off the go with my clones.
I have my lighting turned to the lowest setting right now but I’m watching close to judge if the longer dark period and low light settings causes spindly stems.
Thoughts?

3 Likes

i do 18/6 with seedlings and clones sale place same tent, it works do not know if its ideal, perhaps some one who has tested this there selves will jump in. I just always have.

4 Likes

Did my first run on 18/6 from sprout. Perfectly healthy and happy. They did stretch a little but that had more to do with inadequate lighting.

3 Likes

Do you adjusted your lights any different, as far as brightness, when you have seedlings beside the clones?

2 Likes

I use the same light for seedlings and clones flor. 4 ft T8(shoplight,different bulbs), I do not get much stretch, I keep the light maybe 2-3 inches above the plant. After there upand have first multi leafs or there clones i add 4 ft led strips 6500k. Again those leds are almost touching, no burn. less stretch.

3 Likes

Thanks for both of you guys input.
I’m using the SF 2000 dimmed down for now.
The clones might think it’s getting cloudy but they are strong and a little length to their branches wouldn’t hurt.
As soon as I get good leaves on the babies I’ll begin upping the lights intensity.

3 Likes

Here’s another update everyone.
Actually I have to back up some.
I didn’t show the method I used to start my seeds.
I wasn’t too sure about trying this but it works well for me.
You all know that I, of course, soaked the seeds first. That was for two days and then they opened up.
After I saw about 1/16th inch of tap root they went straight into the solo cups in this manner.

I removed as much perlite as possible by sifting some of the potting soil. I used this in the top 1.5" of the cup.

I pretty well soaked the potting soil that filled the bottom 2/3 of the cup.

The sifted potting soil was moistened but not soaked.

I used this pencil

to create a hole this deep and then used the tip to put a tip in the bottom of the hole for the tap root.

IMG_20210316_192638
After placing the seed, tap root pointing down, into the hole, I filled the hole with sifted soil and gave it a small spray of water.

Two days later and,

Twice per day I gave them a small spray of water.
Five days later.

Cookies Kush

Granddaddy Purple

Skywalker OG

Critical Kush

And the White Widow

Add to that the fact that my Purple Kush seed finally cracked open!

That means six out of six germination.
I can live with that.

I did some more training to the clone sisters. I think maybe you can see the similar structures. The twisted sister is stunted for now but this is a marathon not a sprint.

That’s about all for now. Thanks for tuning in!
Be blessed beyond measure my friends.
:pray::v: :cowboy_hat_face:

24 Likes

Looking awesome man.

4 Likes