MoBilly’s green room

Thanks Doug! I appreciate that! :pray:

4 Likes

Really like what you’ve got cookin up there @MoBilly
Excited to see your grow progress!:boom::v:t3::boom:

5 Likes

Thanks North! Appreciate you dropping in. Yeah, I want to see the room full again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nicely put together tutorial, that’s going to help some folks. :sunglasses: :+1:
Good job spreading the knowledge!

Cheers
G

7 Likes

Thanks @Gpaw . :pray: I’m definitely feeling my way through all this. I read a lot but until I lay my hands on something I don’t really “know” what I’m doing.
That’s probably why I love to experiment so much.
:v: :cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

Nice line up.
I was wondering why you sifted the perlite out of the soil? Never heard of that.

:v::v::v:

4 Likes

@HaRdRoC
One reason I sifted the soil is because I wanted nothing at all for the first couple of days that the roots would have to find a path around. I wanted them to just go nuts in any direction they wanted.
Secondly, because I wanted fine soil for the top, I was concerned that perlite is very buoyant and in finer soil I was concerned that when watered it might displace the just opened seed. A shift in the soil just under the seed might open up and allow the seed to settle deeper than I wanted or, worse yet, leave a cavity under the seed.

I wanted soft, stable bed for the seed.

I read another persons similar method and slightly modified it to my thinking.
Hope that all makes sense.
:pray:

8 Likes

Hey everyone,
I’ve been down for a bit, but my wife kept the grow going until I was back up and running.
There wasn’t much to show anyway.
We were just giving the babies time in the cups.
Yesterday we transplanted into bags.
I went from solo cup straight to final bags instead of stepping up on container size. I get stressed, and the plant is stressed during transplanting, so why do it? Roots grow real fast anyway.
So here they are, all tucked in.

You can see the latecomer in the shade of my largest clone. That seed took three times as long to crack open.
So, Purple Kush makes nine plants this go.
I’m experimenting with grow mediums so here is what each of the youngsters are planted in.

GP : 5gal bag
HF - perlite - worm casting 2 - 1 - 1

WW : 3gal
HF - perlite - worm casting 2 - 1 - 1

Skywalker : 3gal
HF - perlite - worm casting 4 - 1 - 1

Critical Kush: 5gal
Ocean Forest - perlite - worm casting 2 - 1 - 1

Cookies Kush: 3gal
Straight Ocean Forest

The Purple Kush will be in a 3gal bag with straight Happy Frog soil.

Well that little bit is all there is for now, other than, I did have to bump up the nutes on the three clones. They’re doing fine now.

Thanks for following along y’all
:pray: :v: :cowboy_hat_face:

19 Likes

Here’s another look at what’s going on up on Poverty Mountain.
I’m going to flip the clones in (probably) two weeks ±.
That depends on how fast the largest recovers from this.

Here’s what it looks like from above.

I’m considering whether or not to top it. I decided not to take anymore clones from this strain. The canopy will be uneven if I don’t top her.

Here’s what the rest looks like.

Today was feeding day. I starting using Cal Mag on the clones (I’m way late starting that honestly).
I raised the nutrients again. The next feed will be full strength going by their chart.
It makes me a little nervous feeding that much. My last grow I never went above 60% of recommended. I’m definitely going to be checking runoff regularly.
Well, my friends, that’s about all for now. Thanks again if you’re following along. I know I’m a novice at growing and keeping a journal so I appreciate the support. :pray:

May you and yours be well and blessed beyond measure. :pray: :v: :cowboy_hat_face:

16 Likes

Here’s another update for you guys.
First up is the latecomer.
Purple Kush

Critical Kush

GDP

Cookies Kush

White Widow

Skywalker

Pampered sister

The twisted sister

And the monster I thought was Cherry Pie but now know (rub test) to be another LA Confidential clone. So I have a third sister like I wanted. I didn’t mess up after all!
I topped her.
And from the top.

Any the side

I’m planning a time flip on the three LA clones in about ten days.
They’ll go into the little closet until I’m ready to flip the youngsters. Then back into the big room till the finish.
I’m at full strength feeding on the three sister clones and Cal Mag every other feeding.
I’m keeping records on water consumption of the two test subjects. The twisted sister is taking about 25% more water than the pampered sister. I’ve taken probably 30% more leaves and nodes that I didn’t need from her as well.
I’m giving the nodes that I kept a little time to grow out some before I flip them. Then we will watch the race to the drying room.
That’s all for now everyone.
May you all be blessed!

17 Likes

Green and gorgeous brother.

4 Likes

Thanks @DougDawson !
That means a lot man.
I look at too many killer grows and get growers envy. Lol

4 Likes

LOL, me too my friend. But I have learned one valuable lesson, we are not competing. All are welcome, all can learn and all can teach. You just do you brother cause you are doing a great job.

6 Likes

Thanks @DougDawson
Believe me I’m well pleased with how my growing knowledge is progressing.
I bet my house plants are taking a deeeeeep breath now that their lives are not in perpetual danger.
:wink:

7 Likes

You know it’s been a lot of fun keeping this journal. But I’m learning a downside to this.
It’s all fun when things are looking good and I can say “Hey guys! Look at this!”. But it’s not when you have to say " Hey guys. Look at the boneheaded thing that I did ".

Hey guys, Look at the boneheaded thing that I did.

I thought I removed all that tape after it healed. Wrong. Yes it was stupid. Twisted sister has, indeed, had a hard life but I didn’t plan this.

OK. So what to do about it?
I read about people using aloe for healing wounded plants. I’ve even read of using it in a cloning process (if it roots I’ll have two plants and the experiment continues).
Well, I have plenty of aloe.

Here’s a series of pictures of my patch up job.

Everything tied out of the way.

A little solid aloe to fill the gap.

I added some medical tape to help retain moisture.

So there’s my boneheaded thing.
Any comments? I’ve a thick skin.
I’m fairly certain that she will live (it is such a forgiving plant and I did what I could.
She looks okay right now but when I removed the tape, it took most of the bark with it.
Time Will tell
I used tape at several severely abused spots and only went one wrap so that the tape would give way with increased girth. I forgot the tiny strip I used to bring the pieces together right there.
Anyway.
Thanks for tuning in!
Be blessed.
:pray:

16 Likes

@LilJonB
Here’s what I was talking about.
Observation is sooooo important!
:rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

Damn @MoBilly i love what you’re doing here - that aloe splint is MINT!
Excited to see how this turns out -
happy accidents man!
:boom::v:t3::boom:

6 Likes

@repins12 @HaRdRoC @anon62804309 @TheNorthAbides @DougDawson @spankyjr1 @misterbee @Floyd

5 Likes

Thank you my friend. :pray:
I appreciate your checking in on the grow!
It’s going to get interesting in there very soon. Training six youngsters, flipping three clones.
I’m needing to seeing a canopy again!!!
:crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hey bud, that’s an interesting splint you got going on. I am sure it will be fine even compressed like that. If nothing else it was a pretty cool idea.

2 Likes