MoBillys Forevermore Green Room Thread (Part 2)

I was just gonna say… put a hole through the converter… do it anyway… u get more horses @MoBilly

2 Likes

If you have never done this, here is how to do it:

2 Likes

I will probably get hold of my brothers and split the cost of putting a new one on. It’s the family truck and we all use it so it won’t be awful bad on either of us singly.

3 Likes

Makes sense to lean the carb…
Never thought about it like that but… since fuel isn’t (recycled) leaning would make perfect sense!

1 Like

Those damn things are expensive as hell, good luck with that.

3 Likes

Those catalytic converters are junk mo… I honestly would do as oj said it’s been done a million times and it truly gives more horses…

Do u have emissions? That’s

I haven’t bought one… ever. But I’m sure you are right.

1 Like

For sure mo… it’s definitely good advice 100 percent…

1 Like

They don’t check emissions around here.

1 Like

Bro punch a hole in that bitch… or just. Remove and put straight pipe in even

2 Likes

You’ll thank us later!!

1 Like

If no inspection or emissions just put a straight pipe on.

3 Likes

Damn mo if i were there I’d do it for you brother! It’s not nearly as hard as you would think

1 Like

With a computerized fuel system, how do you lean out the mix without some wiz kid with a million dollar programmer?

2 Likes

Yep have to have the electronics these days.

2 Likes

Fuel injection and the addition of complex computer systems have changed the game a lot. But many still do punch them out as it doesn’t always effect that like it did with a carburetor.

3 Likes

Plus fuel injected cars still have screws for air mixture. You can lean the mixture or make it richer.

2 Likes

I’ll hash that out with my brothers. Both are more gear headed than I am. I can work the heck out of the older stuff but when all this computer BS started I had other interests.
The pretty two legged kind of interesting stuff. And guitars…

I wish I had learned those skills a long time ago. But even if you know what needs done, a regular Joe can’t do much without the electronic equipment necessary.
And the cars STILL get about the same mileage… as the older vehicles. And taken care of, the engine will last just as long as the newer engines. So what was the point again?.. Oh yeah, to make sure the owner HAD to take the car to a shop to be worked on at $80 and hour!

4 Likes

Cool glad your brothers are good with cars, they will get er done then……

1 Like

Good Luck buddy!

1 Like