MoBilly's greenroom (Back in the Saddle Again)

It’s the geriatric gauntlet if you ask me. LOL

4 Likes

That’s a very good way to put it.

2 Likes

I’ll get warmed up and feeling good and forget I have joints until the sun goes down then next morning can only move my eyeballs.

4 Likes

I tend to be the same. If it’s just sore muscles I can deal with that. It reminds me that I actually got something done and is rather welcome. But if I turn wrong and my knee or back goes out, I’m down for a few days.
That can easily happen when I’m tired and forget to be careful.

5 Likes

It’s frustrating to still be able to work hard and enjoy it at the time and then have to pay for it for two days. lol

It’s better in the summer at least.

3 Likes

Brother, the frustrating part is that it takes two days to get half a days work done now because I can’t go at it like I did in the day.

1 Like

It’s probably because I make a point of staying hydrated in the summer.

1 Like

I doubt there’s any of us that can go at it like we did back in the day cuz. lol So no need in letting that get to ya, just be glad you can ‘go at it’ at all!

4 Likes

That is so true.

2 Likes

I know I don’t have to look any further than the other end of the couch to see someone who struggles with the same crap.

2 Likes

Not that I necessarily want to work THAT hard anymore. I shouldn’t bitch about it, I’m above ground!

3 Likes

@JohnnyPotseed reminds us of that every few days. I like that outlook. It puts things in perspective very well.
Shoot man, ten years ago I was in a wheelchair for crying out loud and now I’m complaining about not being able to put in a full days work in a day! How easily our minds forget to be grateful for what we have instead of dwelling on what we lost.

4 Likes

It’s reminder we’re souls that have bodies not the other way round.

4 Likes

Dang bro! I’m stealing that and I’m not going to give you credit for coming up with it.
:rofl:

4 Likes

lol That was a nice turn of wording!

4 Likes

I have sat and listened to hundreds of preachers through the years and I don’t recall ever hearing that. It’s so profound though! I’m now wondering how that thought didn’t come to me while I was taking my own stand behind the pulpit? Not that I consider myself an overly profound person but that statement sums up so much.

5 Likes

Just to put things in perspective. I just turned 49 and I’m still not sure I could keep up with a bunch of you!
Love the souls with a body!

4 Likes

@Emeraldgreen
I’m sure you’ve heard the term “Work smarter, not harder”. That outlook becomes more of a personal mantra the longer you hang around this planet.

3 Likes

That mantra is becoming more important every day!

1 Like

This is my thread. I’ll post this if I want. There’s no need to discuss it. It’s not about weapons, it’s about people.

These people need to be remembered.

The one that did this should never have his name spoken or put in print. Don’t let his name be remembered, only the horrible thing he did.

7 Likes