Moby Dick anyone?

This is an old school strain, with above average yields. I got a freebie pack from ReboMan on Strainly over a year ago, I’m not sure whose stock it is or who originally bred it though. Just wondering has anyone grown out Moby Dick before?

8 Likes

I grabbed the barney’s farm one and I will run that in my next grow…hope to start up within the month. i’ve seen long flower times on a few reports.

5 Likes

Interesting, for some reason I thought MB was mostly indica but it’s actually sativa dominant, and I was under the impression it was a big yielder with a short flowering time. I guess not or it can depend on the phenotype.

3 Likes

This was my purple Moby dick.

12 Likes

Thar she blows! That’s a beautiful plant!

3 Likes

Thanks bud, she was super squat and indy. Good yielder I sent the remainder of the seeds to a friend but no germ rate on them for the repro.

4 Likes

I didn’t think it was remarkable or worth trying again. But it was only a 5 pack so maybe it might need more selections to find something better

2 Likes

I grew moby dick years ago from Dinafem seeds. They named it first. It was a rip off of another very popular strain kicking about at the time., cant remember which but think it was one of Shantis like rhino or something.
Easy to grow, good yielder, best grown as a single cola plant. Good strong weed. Happy growing.

3 Likes

I’ve got two leftover Moby Dick beans from Barney’s Farm going, but only pic of one. I think I grew out the rest a year or so ago but that was the outdoor ‘monsoon’ harvest so it didn’t really go off as planned! These 2 are coming along nicely but started flowering quite young. I’m glad to hear they do better unpinched, as these got away from me!

Good luck w/them @Smoke_A_Lot_420

:call_me_hand:

4 Likes

By far dinafems was the best imo

1 Like

When I was really young and first heard of Moby Dick I thought it was a Venereal Disease.

3 Likes

Lol. Mopey Dick.

1 Like

what seed bank did you originally get them from?

The seed line as far as I know is gone, @Heliosphear was going to repro them. But the last beans I had didn’t pop. I got them originally from @Vesti . Maybe ask them but I’m not sure if they are around anymore.

1 Like

The line I made those S1’s from was Purple Moby Dick from Dinafem, which is an “updated” version of the original MD, at least as I understand it (although the genetics are different, so it may be more about capitalizing on the name…).

I lost the mom before I had a chance to make more S1’s, which is a shame because all the ones I grew or saw others grow were really nice plants - what @Pawsfodocaws has in the pic is representative.

Reports seem to be that the original MD was/is either liked or disliked by people in a polarizing kind of way (unusual flavors and effects some find off-putting), but the PMD is really good, and I would totally recommend it as a WLD/Indica-leaning hybrid. Super easy to grow, good yield, and super nice effects - expect around 60 days or so.

Edit: Looking up the genetics, the original was a Haze X White Widow cross, very sativa, probably very terpinolene heavy (which likely explains the “love it or hate it” response). The PMD is Jack Herer X Purple Afghani Kush (which is Purple Kush X Bubba Kush).

2 Likes

Did you get yours from Barney’s Farm or Dinafem
?

1 Like

Thanks for chiming in bud. I didn’t mean you weren’t around just the beans :wink:

@Vesti

1 Like

Ha! No worries, I know what you meant.

The PMD mom is one of only two or three plants I regret losing, there are bound to be some of those beans still knocking around a few collections, I should look to see who I sent those to and if any might be available.

1 Like

Dinafem and I made a cross with it but don’t remember what male I used. If there’s enough I would be willing to share some

2 Likes

Have you had any contact with @Heliosphear I remember him trying a run on them. Then I haven’t seen him for a grip

1 Like