Modifying glass one hitter

So I finally found a glass one hitter that fits my dugout and got it today, had forgotten that it didnt have teeth like my metal one(did it myself a few years back). I’d like to do the same with the glass one if possible, any thoughts on how to do it without shattering or cracking the piece? Was thinking like maybe using a fine file and doing notches while running it under water to keep it from heating up to much.

1 Like

I’m stoned, but I am thinking a pen spring might work.

I’m not following lol like use the spring to cut into the glass?

A jewlers file may work, I’d think a triangle or square one so you could use the pointed edge. They’re pretty fine too. Either that or maybe one of those super breakable dremel grinding disks… but power tools and glass seems breaky lol

1 Like

I’m imagining driving the spring into the flower side of the one hit. If it was sized right, you could then twist it into your bud and it would pull a piece off as if the glass was tapped.
Less stoned now. Idea still seems workable but perhaps not desirable.

1 Like

I’d also be inclined to wrap masking tape around the area you’re working with to stop potential chips from turning into cracks… then I’d maybe be tempted to take a torch to it after to smooth the cuts back out

1 Like

When the glass starts turning red back off

1 Like

@Grease_Monkey that’s what I was thinking was the file, figured a dremel cutting/grinding wheel would be a bad idea. The tape idea sounds like a winner as well.

@AllOra ok now that makes alot more sense lol, I was confused at first.

@TheShowMeHomie I had been up in the air on trying to heat treat it but I’ll burn that bridge when I get to it.

2 Likes

Diamond bit (20 and such)

2 Likes

Idk how long you will have your hitter after you do surgery to it. Done it myself a few different ways but it always seems to weaken the glass and the piece never lasts to long. Just my $0.02

2 Likes

Insert public service announcement here:

Glass dust inhalation is “not good”… A dusk mask is recommended, other than that…

Have at it brother!

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Been the main reason I had waited, still debating on if I want to or not. I dont want the teeth crazy big like I did to the metal one, just enough to rip and tear…err I mean pack it.

@Badfishy1 I had thought about that and might try it

@Gpaw is there any other way? Lol glass inhalation is never good or fun.

1 Like

It’s pretty tough and you’ll end up with jagged edges that can cut you unless you sand them or polish them after. Chances of breaking it are pretty high too. I’d try to make a metal thingy that fits your needs and super glue it to the end of the one hitter.

If you do try to cut the glass you should do it under running water, or at the least outside with a good mask.

1 Like

As long as it doesnt crack or shatter I want somewhat jagged or at least perforated edges on the bowl side. Now just trying to figure out best spot to try it as its currently winter here lol

1 Like

use a diamond file as fine of grit as oyu can find, go slow!! dont apply heavy pressure to much and glass will flake off in the wrong direction really easy just like flint knapping!

2 Likes

I’ll have to look into finding one first if I go that route. My thoughts lately are maybe to just flatten the end some to give it an edge without compromising to much of its integrity. Thinking maybe a pice of sandpaper.

Also I got this about a week or 2 ago

3 Likes

That looks quite similar to a piece of mine:

I really like mine. Smooth draw.

1 Like

Yeah it does thats a beautiful piece

1 Like