Glass pipes for hash

This may seem like a stupid question but I was wondering if anyone could recommend a specific type of pipe solely for smoking bubble hash. No dab rigs, or anything that need a torch/etc. I just want a regular old school pipe that is effective. I’ve seen pipes that have a bunch of small holes instead of the usual 1 hole and figure that would probably work well, but i don’t really know where to find them. Is there a name for them that would make it easier for me to find? If you have any suggestions I would like to hear them.

10 Likes

They make little glass jacks that cover the hole. I usually just throw down a little bed of weed in the chillum, set a big chunk in, and sprinkle a little weed over the top for convenience. Hot hash is like napalm and it sticks to everything so I like to keep weed on the top of the bowl to avoid messes and burns. Been there done that.

16 Likes

I am a glassblower (in my spare time). I always used to get asked about this. Mexican dudes would always ask me “hey can you make me a crack pipe ?” Im not too down with supporting crack, so I never did. Then I saw some that were similar to a crack pipe, but made for hash. Pretty much just a tube with a bulb on the end, one side of the bulb is blown thin so a lighter will heat up the inside quick. They dont last too long unfortunately. There are so many cool designs out there nowadays, seems like there is as many different designs as there are types of hash

6 Likes

He’s gonna smoke it anyway, might as well be a nice piece instead of a gas station rose he could hurt his lips on lol.

5 Likes

I use this to smoke tiny little pieces of hash

I think it’s called a spoon

All the best

2 Likes

This nectar collector is my favorite piece next to chillums. I have asthma and a high tolerance, using flower fucking kills my lungs. Haven’t tried it on hash, but I’m hoping it’ll work as well as it does on BHO. I just wish I could put a name to the style so I don’t have to keep buying them at the dispensary and maybe work out a deal with a glass blower.

One downside though, you have to have good depth perception, if you go in too deep your going to get a mouthful of hot shit.

PS of Shame: I just now noticed no torch, sorry. Chillums. Big chunky ones!

1 Like

Just a regular glass pipe with a stainless steel screen works great for me.

4 Likes

yeah that was my preferred method years ago, i just assumed there were newer methods that worked better

1 Like

I ended up going with a chillum i saw on Etsy. I hate the small chillum/one hitter whatever you want to call them without carbs, but i could definitely see a special occasion where i would load this thing up with hash/weed combo.

I still have a lot to learn about chillum use/culture but this is a start.

5 Likes

Assume from a beaker, it’s my favorite way to burn.

Hey bro, there are special bowls for bongs that have the holes around the top of the bowl instead of the bottom like normal, you heat up a glass rod with a torch and then light the hash with that hot ass glass rod! It tastes great and you aren’t inhaling fuel fumes from lighters. This is the best way to smoke hash I think, it’s like easy knife hits. I’m going to rip one now that you reminded me. My bong stem has 3 holes in the bottom, 2 are plugged with the glass screens bude was talking about, I put a lil ball of hash on the screen and touch it with a hot piece of glass dabbler…

7 Likes

i’ve seen those bowls on a regular glass pipe before, which is what i would be looking for, minus the torch and glass rod. maybe i’d give hempwick a try, but it’s just a matter of finding one of those ‘holes toward the top’ bowls. i have no clue how to go about finding one of those in pipe form.

1 Like

Go on Instagram and find a local glass artist I bet there’s like a electric heating element but trust me the torch is the way to go! Just get a little one.lol

1 Like

Should be noted, if you’re looking for something you can use with a soft flame (match, lighter, hemp wick), you need to directly combust the hash. Without a torch or electric element you can’t vaporize.

3 Likes

You ever had a bubbler? There’s some cool styles!

3 Likes

yeah, i have a decent bubbler, i completely forgot about that. I’ll probably end up going with the torching the glass rod, i always thought torches and dabs and all of that are crazy, but heating a glass rod and turning the torch off before even smoking makes sense to me. probably good for flavor too.

5 Likes

i’ve seen the “Herb Iron” floating around for years but it’s 75$ so it’s not something i would buy unless i was a heavy smoker. not sure if that’s more efficient than the glass rod method. it’s interesting either way.

1 Like

I use a nice bong or bubbler. Either bed of ash, or ideally, glass screen. Honeycomb or the fused bead style work better than the jacks. These would be awesome if you can find them or order them

4 Likes

A steel screen in the bowl always works.

2 Likes

I don’t even use pipes for Hash. Just take a ball of it, stab it onto a pin/needle then light it on fire. Wait 3 seconds and inhale. Kinda like hot :hocho:.

4 Likes