Hot stick hash pipe, hash hammer, 3 hole hash pipe

I found a couple of threads on this forum about hash pipes, so I figured I’d share what I’ve found. I only started my search about 3 months ago, I found a random comment on Reddit mentioning a hash hammer. I’d been looking for a good way to vape hash ever since I stopped smoking 5 years ago.

I found and bought a hash bowl with a hot stick from chameleon glass and it was a nice bowl but the holes were so small I could barely draw on it. So my search continued. I had to find a bowl for the stick I now had, I came up with a round bottom 20mm quartz banger, and I made an improvised carb cap from a piece of sheet steel. It works great, it’s still not quite dab level thickness of vapor but it’s very thick and tasty. I also like to have cold start dabs from this, I heat the stick then as I make contact with the rosin I start heating the banger, just enough so the stick doesn’t lose its heat too much to the glass banger and these dabs are the best I’ve had😁. I really need to find a glass blower to make a proper carb cap for this. I plan to get a torch soon and maybe try myself but see how that goes lol.

The only small negative I have about this pipe is I always have to heat the stick a 2nd time to finish the bowl. So what I’d like to do is find someone that can make a zro2 stick because it will retain heat 3 times better and will never break. Seems like a near impossible wish though unfortunately.

8 Likes

Bodhi mentions the similar looking appearance of these to harder drugs stuff & how non-cannabis people see this & can’t really make the association to medicine or even hippies with joints. 🥹

I’ve never used a dab rig :man_shrugging: but did get creative with the gas mask bong back in the day. :sweat_smile:

All good- just complicated space commando stuff.

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Forgot to add this. This is my dry pipe filled with rubies to increase surface area and act as a heatsink

5 Likes

Nah this kind of pipe is far to rare to be in that category imo, which needs to change.

This is what I call space commando stuff lol. My qaroma using rubies and a bong to cool the vapor

2 Likes

Sorry that was the dirty version. I wanted to see how long it would take before having to clean the bong after I added the ruby section. 6 days was the answer compared to everyday normally

4 Likes

That’s a roor carbon filter ?

That setup is very tall bowl hieght to mouth piece , I suppose that’s ok as it’s elec heated / flick of a switch

Like the t piece as a carb hole , cool

@mota a 45 degree t piece might be nice ( straighten bowl plus carb hole so no lifting bowl )

1 Like

lol me and some buddies had an original military gas mask bong back in the day

1 Like

It’s a Heisenberg carbon filter that I filled with rubies instead :grin:. I’ve ordered some mossanite that I plan to use instead of the rubies because it’s a significantly better thermal conductor.

It it’s pretty high lol, the heater is actually rested on a stand when its attached to the bowl, so it’s hands free. I didn’t want to photo that part incase people try to copy it and end up breaking stuff lol, it has to be set up perfectly

5 Likes

1 Like

I think the best Hash pipe I ever used was this, it seemed to burn the hash slower and better. Useless for weed, but Hash was a different story. :100::dove:

3 Likes

I had a friend who worked at a custom countertop warehouse and nade pipes like that out of the material samples.lol. What is a good cheap way to smoke hash without flower?

2 Likes

Stove tokes. Just put a hash patty on an electric stove top and put it on high, then suck it up with a straw. The smoke, not the patty of course :smile:

1 Like

Usually I just leave a little ash in the bowl. Not ideal I guess, but it’s worked well enough my whole life.

th-3887315579
Or this if it’s super clean

The best dab straw imo, lil ripper

Pro tip, turn it around and heat up the doughnut mouthpiece lol. A smallish torch lighter will do the job on it too, you don’t need a propane tank haha. All quartz

3 Likes

if these got about 40C higher i bet youd see people using them for full melt. i have no idea about safety/etc.

1 Like

Absolutely my favorite way to smoke hash! Here’s how to do it on a gas range. Take a STAINLESS STEEL tablespoon, set it on a burner set to high and get it red hot, drop in a small ball of hash and suck that pure, unadulterated smoke through a straw.

I emphasize stainless steel because I believe the heat from a silver plated spoon creates poisonous smoke. Perhaps someone who reads this can give a more precise description.

Also, I said a tablespoon, but a smaller spoon will work fine. I simply like having a larger target when it’s let’s get bombed time!

3 Likes

Similar to what @mota described, we used to do “hot knives”: heat the blades of two knives on the stove then press a lump of hash between them.

Cut off the bottom off a plastic bottle and discard, then use the top half - mouth on the spout - to hover over the knives as you press. When you inhale, the bottle helps contain the smoke.

I’ve never heard them called Spots before, but this Wiki article matched my search.

My search also turned up a hot knives tattoo!

6 Likes

Well just how damn great an idea is that! A “straw” with a very fat capturing end! :clap:

2 Likes

Lol! I was waiting for knife hits to pop up here! First experience vaping weed like this too!

1 Like

Use a dang cup and pin :rofl:

2 Likes

https://www.dabpress.com/products/dabpress-pid-temp-controller-kit-gen1-110v-180w-coil-heater-with-titanium-adapter

1 Like