Moon phases and growing cannabis

They look pretty happy in there location!

it has to be working. Transplanted some of our veggies into straw bales yesterday. Should have taken a couple photos of the roots. On a couple of watermelons and cantaloupes the coteldons were still bound together by the seed and were borderline root bound. Totally incredible growth. As for some canna clones, the upper growth on them is mediocre but the stalks are massive for their size. I’ll post pics after I wake up fully.

That said, even if it isn’t working, planting and caring for your gardens under/with moon phases opens up a cosmic connection to the fuxuations of our universe. Personally I enjoy thinking our circadian rhythms are in place for a reason and connected by some force we humans aren’t aware of yet. Our small amazing minds. Smoke one, sow a couple, watch and care for them with the cycle of the moon and it is rewarding enough with or without better results.

Bowl me up!

3 Likes

These roots are pretty incredible considering this clone was taken on June 21st and only set under two t5s 24/7 with some ocassional sunshine when the clouds broke. July 12th today.

4 Likes

Cool app that tells you what phase of the moon and what it’s best for. Roots phase now in ascending for cloning and they have all kinds of other suggestions

free and pretty cool. App is called “Moon & Garden”

3 Likes

Lots of merit outdoors under , the moon, indoors IMHO, zero effect. Indoor, any light during bloom other than full power 12 hrs, is a waste of money and effort. But hey that farmers almanac has been around longer than HID lighting…lol

Received this in the mail the other day it’s a perpetual moon calendar and I’v been comparing it with the moon app discussed on thread #24 and they seem really close as to what to do for gardening for what type of moon phase your in!

5 Likes

Hey @Swampthing can you get the weather button to display any info to your specific location in the moon and garden app?

yes I like this thought I have done some research on this mostly on moon phases and what to do during the certain moon phase.

2 Likes

What’s up OG? Hope everyone is having a stoney and wonderful night. So do any of you guys germ your seeds during the full moon phase? I tried it out and started them on the first night of the full moon. So far two have popped lil tap roots out. Share your experiences or link me up with some info on this if you’ve got the time. Blessings and happy growing!! :v::heart::evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I’v used this during the cloning stage and had 11/12 rooted had I waited a bit longer may have had :100:-%

3 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing @Tinytuttle , I started looking into this because of your post and found this site, taking it a little further and examining what sign the moon is in at any given time: http://moonhoroscope.com/rome/lunar-planting-calendar

Now the 22nd would be a good time to start clones.

It also considers eclipses and such, it’s fascinating.

1 Like

Ithere is a lot of interest on lunar growing i should have search it before i made this post in the futher i will all ways do a search first before posting any thing sorry joe.

3 Likes

Definitely some others that follow your line of thinking;

I’m still on the fence about how much affect it has, so I’d love to read more about your grandfathers teachings.

3 Likes

I have been trying this spring to time sprouting seeds when the moon is full and I have been having excellent success this year. I think plants and animals are affected by the magnetic field of the Earth and are very sensitive to it’s affects.

3 Likes

Yes! Let’s hear it!

yes growing by the moon phases works i put together my teaching that was past down to me just need to figure out the best place to post them when i get the info written down i believe you will find them very good tools to have in your tool box

3 Likes

Absolutely, lay it on me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A bit of a pagan myself.always been what people would call superstitious. Took 4 clones and planted 13 seeds today under a supermoon… we all know the moon effects a healthy females reproductive system…even if they dont go outside under moonlight.

1 Like

yea i believe in the moon effect on water and plants i am going to take my time on putting this post together so it will be worthy of being on o g forum

yea i believe in the wffect the moon has on water and plants going to take my time putting this post together so it will be worthy of being posted on over gro forum i know nuthin about growing cannabi

3 Likes

Yes sir, I’d be very interested in this topic.

1 Like