Moon phases and growing cannabis

I have never used this on cannabis, as I am just getting back into growing my own medicine. I can tell you this though, we do grow veggies every year. We have noticed a big difference when we plant by the farmers almanac as opposed to, get the tomatoes in by this date.
My best gardens ever have been grown using the old almanac. In contrast when I dont pay attention you can tell. This is an awesome topic, I’m gonna use the moon next time I get some clones.

4 Likes

i believe growning with the moon phases indoors will work after all the gravitational pull of the moon can not be stoped by a roof or walls

3 Likes

my topic was merged with yours mine is basic
the waxing moon stimulates foliage growth best time to prune and train best time to plant vegetables or trees that make fruit above ground germinate seeds on a waning moon leading up to a full moon for best germination rates
plant seeds on full moon
waning moon stimulates root growth i believe be best to make clones
waxing moon= illuminate area is increasing
waning moon illuminate area is decreasing

1 Like

I agree with ya most what type of crop when and where but IIRCC most above seed plants should be just on or slightly past the new moon phase which is roughly 14 days earlier from what I’m seeing. Has a lot to do with tides and gravitation pull the moon in the soil profile as well as it fluctuates… fwiw that chart is damn handy I posted in the earlier threAd and it’s pretty much spot in with the farmers almanac could save ya a bit of money but if your like me I enjoy the farmers almanac for the stories and useful tips as well thanks for adding insight @regulator to the thread

1 Like

Immense skepticism.

If this were true, every University Ag Extension in America would be telling farmers to do this.

Every greenhouse in the world would be following this “plant astrology”.

Seems like pure uncut woo-woo, not too far from magic, orgone, and crystal healing.

2 Likes
1 Like

It’s just rebranded astrology. I assure you plants don’t care about “moon energy”.

Lunar cycle and gravity aren’t the same thing, it isn’t the lunar phase that determines distance from Earth.

Having a hard time finding a credible article or research not associated with astrology or biodynamics.

2 Likes

https://kaykeys.net/spirit/earthspirituality/moon/moonseed.html

There would be a lot of research done in university if they managed to find a way to make money on this.

What? Agriculture is the biggest industry on earth if major food producers thought they could squeeze a few more bushels out of an acre they would. I grew up around corn and soybean farmers, guys with 10,000 acres of field. They plant based on weather forecasts, because they live and die on evidence, not astrology.

The source provided has “earth spirituality” in the URL somehow I doubt they know what they’re talking about.

3 Likes

If you read the article it explains the moon phase has an impact on the weather forecast

Im open minded. Ill read anything you find thats coming from a credible source you approve of that could change my mind

1 Like

Read the Beeson article if you would. Critical examination of this nonsense was done a long time ago when dealing with the biodynamic silliness. Again, it’s just astrology my friend. Same realm as psychics, magic, seances, voodoo, etc. Superstition adapts to fit the modern world or it dies.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. It was an interesting read.

1 Like

Moon effect on tide levels leads me to believe it has effect on all water IMO not going to get in a pissing match here but believe what ya want.

2 Likes

1 Like

Thing is, the Kolisko article did show that, and has certainly been cited frequently, but it doesn’t seem to have been replicated by anyone else.

I keep seeing people referencing articles in these but I can’t find anything concrete that shows this. How exactly would the mechanism of action work that allows seeds to absorb more water during germination?

2 Likes

This subject took me on a path about plants grown in microgravity, space, etc. Fascinating stuff. Plants grown in low gravity environments do seem to have variable growth rates, but what I’m seeing seems to have more to do with how water drains. They have to use essentially aeroponics because water droplets will just cling to roots. Not to derail the thread but shit is interesting.

2 Likes

I agree. Very intereating.

2 Likes