More Legroom: SC Blue Dream, Purple Urkle, Old Soul, Super Yahmba

Nice man - you’re gonna dig the blue dream, it’s a crazy grower and very tasty enjoyable mellow daytime high with a little lazy crash to it. Definitely stake it up, it gets tall, bushy and floppy. Might overgrow the others haha. I’m finishing it up now, this is it at day 57:

10 Likes

Hell yea, I heard (and see) that it can be a spaghetti monster, how many days are you taking her?

1 Like

I’ve never seen the real SC Blue Dream grown out! I’m buckled up and riding along

2 Likes

Ha yeah my whole grow is a flop mess this go around. Im aiming 70ish - depends when everything is ready, at 64 now its just got some white hairs left.

6 Likes

Shits starting to get bushy in here!

The blue dream has got some fucking stretch to her for sure. Worried that she might outpace the box, so I top watered today with some URB, which is basically a humic extract. My buddy swears by this stuff and gave me a huge pile of sample bottles. Claim to fame is that is supercharges the nutrient availability in whatever medium you’re using. Used a half strength dose because I know some plants can react weirdly to humic. I’ll top dress these again soon. Poor little Urkle is getting drowned out! Gonna do another big defoliation soon to maintain good airflow, or as good as it can get. Here’s the cast of characters.

Purple Urkle

Super Yahmba

Old Soul

Blue Dream

Rounding up week two here, so I know there’s still some stretch to go, everyone is just starting to push pistils and put on their little cotton balls. I’m a little worried there might be some errant pollen from the autoflower seed project happening in the veg tent at the other side of the room, but whatever, at this point the die is cast and we’re gonna let it ride and just see what happens! Hope y’all are good out there. Over and out :heart::v:t2:

15 Likes

Big defoliation the other day to let everything breathe. Cruising along here otherwise. The stretch is real in the blue dream and the super yahmba.

13 Likes

Quick little update before we head out of town for the week:

Things are ripping here. Averaging around like 4 days between res fills. Top dressed yesterday with some dr earth bloom formula, gypsum and EWC. Watered in a little fish hydrolysate today. Got a buddy coming by to watch em while I’m away, hoping things go smooth and I come back to some happy girls. :heart::v:t2:

10 Likes

Are those ceramic heat emitters(reptile heat “lamps”) you have hanging from the top of the tent? If so, how much wattage of heat are you running in that tent?

3 Likes

Awaiting answers, but these are identical to the ceramic lizard tank heater I use. Love them for a “low” wattage heater for small tents. I use a 100watt in a 2*2. Shutting up now. :grin:

3 Likes

I have a couple running too, a 100 watt in the basement pointing at the concrete floor under my wire rack of veggers, and an 80w in the tent upstairs. I was always too sketched out to run the one upstairs inside the 2x3 tent, but I have an ink bird on it now, so if the fan fails it doesn’t melt a hole in the tent.

4 Likes

@potpotpot @Cbizzle they are the ceramic heaters for lizard tanks plugged into an inkbird. I needed something to just break the big temp differential in the basement in winter but didn’t have floor space for an oil heater like I use in the veg tent, so far they work really well, not sure of the wattage offhand, gotta dig up the product info in my amazon history

Edit: they are 100 watt bulbs, 150 watt fixtures to avoid any possibility of overload or anything

4 Likes

Yeah, they are a nice, quick, cheap way to add a couple degrees, and they use a fraction of what an oil space heater uses for electricity too. I’m always tempted to buy a tube style greenhouse heater, but not tempted enough to actually do it haha.

4 Likes

I looked at those too! Never pulled the trigger myself either haha

3 Likes

Yo! Back from Thanksgiving vacation, my homie did a great job looking after things in the flower tent, and the blumats and dripper system did a good job taking care of the veg tent. Went in today to refill a res and do some light pruning to keep things in order. I definitely overshot the size on these gals, just hoping I can keep em happy through to finish. Here’s a quick photo dump:

Urkle:

Super yahmba:

Old soul:
IMG_9296

Blue dream:

Slightly regretting putting the blue dream in that back right corner as it’s the hardest spot to reach and she needs the most maintenance in terms of pruning. Thinking I might shuffle the boxes here shortly to allow for some other areas of the plants to get some light and make it easier to control that girl in particular. I’m sad to say that it looks like the super yahmba got seeded. Likely by the Chemmunity service autoflower pollination I got going in veg. No biggie though, as the other plants don’t look like they’re seeded at the moment, we’ll see though. If anyone is interested in running out a first gen auto cross hit me up at the end here and I’ll send you some Super Yahmba x Chemmunity Service seeds. That’s it for now, gotta run to work. Be good y’all :heart::v:t2:

9 Likes

Whelp. I spoke too soon, looked this morning and spotted some seeds forming on the purple Urkle as well, so it looks like there’s gonna be more first generation auto crosses for any intrepid OGers that might wanna work em

4 Likes

Man, I just impulse purchased a pack of thug pug’s peanut butter breath F3s that were on sale. This seed addiction feels like a lifelong battle…

7 Likes

That’s awesome to see he’s releasing some of his older genetics back when he said he was quitting his packs where going for insane amounts :sweat_smile: his cactus breath is real nice too also just got a cut of the sc blue dream going to run it next round

3 Likes

Yea, I’ve heard good things about the cactus breath too. Part of the reason I jumped on the PBB was I figured I’d never see it again for only $50 a pack. That’s rad you got the SCBD cut, from what I’m seeing so far I’m very excited for her to finish up, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it as well

3 Likes

Fuckin A guys, it’s been a minute here. Had a little bit of a rough go of it recently, work has been a shitshow and then the family caught COVID right before the holidays. On top of that I’ve been having some really intense ongoing back pain, so I’ve been slacking on updates, but the girls are headed for the finish line in style:

The fade on the Super Yahmba is fuckin beautiful with those leaves turning so purple they’re almost black, then on some of the lowers the stems and leaves have stayed green but the flowers have gone super dark purple, she’s a looker for sure

The Urkle is looking beautiful despite not having proper access to the light because of the SY overtaking it, and it being seeded from the autoflower pollen in the adjacent tent. She smells like grape flinstones vitamins and I can’t wait to smoke her to see how the effects are, seeds be damned. For sure going to run her again, properly next time, so that I can see what she’s really about, and have some proper headstash:

The blue dream is living up to its reputation as an absolute beast of a plant, throwing huge colas and needing a lot of support to not topple over under its own weight. Beautiful spicy blueberry scents coming off of her:

And finally, possibly the most unique terps in the tent belong to the Old Soul, this one smells like lemon pledge and black pepper and I’m fucking here for it! Good sized spears on this one, she got a little over run by the BD, but it still coming together nicely:

Big lessons for this run have been:

1. Be careful with cultivar selection when putting multiple plants in one EB. Probably would have been fine with like two varieties of similar size etc. but putting one stretcher with one squatter is a recipe for one plant to be underwhelming. I think moving forward unless I’m familiar with the finished size of a plant it’s a one plant per box equation. That being said I think I’d be fine to put two Urkle cuts together to really fill out a box.

2. Pollen contamination is real, and controlling it is exactly as hard as everyone says. Don’t fuck around trying to do two things at once. If it’s a pollination, let it be a pollination. Trying to run sensi next to a pollination just isn’t going to fly.

Pretty sure everything in there is at least lightly seeded with some of the Night Owl Chemmunity service pollen, which, as I understand it will put out some regular straight up crosses, some “faster finishing” versions of the crosses, and then some straight up auto versions of the crosses, so if anyone is looking to pop some first gen photo x auto crosses here hit me up after the chop and I’ll get you laced up.

We’re in like day 60 something here and just starting to see some amber trichs developing, I’m thinking these will all come down in the next week or so after the first of the year. I apologize again for the infrequency of posting here, life is just running at full speed right now and it’s all the time I have to just keep up with the garden let alone update the logs. Gonna keep hacking it out as best I can with an eye at getting better at keeping more frequent and accurate logs here, but I’ll be real in that I’m giving myself some grace here. That’s it y’all. :heart::v:t2:

14 Likes

What’s that Super Yahmba?

1 Like