Most Disappointing Strains

Yup, the plants looked nice, with vigorous growth producing nice, fat flowers. And I also noticed primarily a note of garlicky onion smell/taste combined with a nasty hay like repulsive flavor. Not pleasant at all.
I remember being dumbfounded and disappointed once I had smoked samples from all eight plants. No buzz AT ALL from seven of them.
I had been hoodwinked! Grrrrr.

3 Likes

Yes Sir, I fully agree.
Northern Lights is one of my all-time favorites also. I started growing it back in 1987 or so when I bought some seeds from SSSC called Basic #5. This was their version of NL #5.
I have tried several other versions since then. I liked them all. A really nice indica dom plantā€¦ great high and taste.
A true cannabis benchmark, IMO.

7 Likes

The second worst plant was a freebie ā€œAfghaniā€, donā€™t even know from who. It had this horrible menthol taste. Itā€™s so bad, I still have some. Oh and it threw manners at eight weeks.

4 Likes

Dark Angel, crap king seeds, cheese x jack cross, smells great but lacks potency and makes outside weed look frosty! My fault for trying crap king out of curiousityā€¦ crop king = bulk spanish seeds repackaged by canadas biggest seed marketing company crap king seeds.

3 Likes

Interesting threadā€¦ I have never heard of these breeders, seed banks, or most of these strains, I guess thatā€™s a good thing

4 Likes

Local cut of J1. Damn thing was a runt, and only grew 18 inches tall in a GH. Weed was OK, but all of 1/4 oz of bud. Meanwhile Grape Ape grew 5 feet tall next to it in the same amount of time and that is one hit potent shyte. 4 oz finishing from that one. SA landrace Durbans were also duds, they bloomed in June! And they were a foot tall. But the real Durban buzz, smoked great. Seedman says that these were common phenos. Hard to work with Durbans.

1 Like

Iā€™d have to say that agent orange really disappointed me. Lack luster high, no orange at all, just blah. Guess I didnā€™t find a good pheno. Other TGA gear I ran was great, that one just didnā€™t live up to what I thought.

2 Likes

I was given an Agent Orange male which managed to get into trouble with at least a 1/2 dozen different crosses. So far, that has worked out well.

Have to say, my most disappointing grows have been many of my own crosses. Good eating!!

That is one of the hazards of amateurs crossing strains without the means to do meaningful selection.

Keep seedinā€™

5 Likes

Dark Angel and Purple Kush From Crop King seeds, never again

2 Likes

Scotts OG from rare dankness. Calling them runts is a understatement.

2 Likes

Tangerine dream. Donā€™t know how it won any Cannabis cup, cuz I find that weird imitation orange flavor incredibly off-putting. Iā€™ve tried it a few times, from different growers every time, and I have disliked it every time. Like, spraying orange perfume to cover the smell of frying fish, or cleaning up a decomposing body with an orange oil cleaner.

At least if it was a one hit wonder you wouldnā€™t have to deal with the taste for long, but itā€™s always such a mediocre potencyā€¦

6 Likes

Moby dick
Grew two plants of that shit, big yeld but a dull boring smoke a fast tolerance buidup and an unpleasant pine/menthol/camphrum smell . Supposed to be 50% Haze but no way, another breeder bullshit. Other disapointing strain is most of sensi seeds current catalogue which is mostly bad copies of their own strains from the days

2 Likes

ā€œIā€™d have to say that agent orange really disappointed me. Lack luster high, no orange at all, just blah. Guess I didnā€™t find a good pheno. Other TGA gear I ran was great, that one just didnā€™t live up to what I thought.ā€

Hey bud sorry to hear that, I bought a pack of agent orange 2 years ago and out of 3 females only 1 fit into subcools description, not a huge yielder but average and the buds were covered in orange hairs, thight and oh wow the absolute best orange flavored bud Ive ever had, orange/citrus/sour gas smells,

I accidentely forgot to clone her arround christmas 2016 unfortunatelyā€¦ and dont have her anymoreā€¦

The buzz was indica sativa, and was strong enough felt more on the indica side slightlyā€¦

I also have jillybean, shes my princess and I will keep her as long as she will allow me.

I will try to get my pics on ic and post a few.

6 Likes

Critical Ogre from Joint doctor. Foxtailled like crazy buds the size of BBs and smelled like old lady shell soaps. Bleh!

4 Likes

outside varieties from sensi seeds early girl, guerillas gustoā€¦ bad germination rates and hermaphrodites and those weā€™re directly from sensi in early 2000ā€™s
Early skunk was ok.

1 Like

Iā€™m digging that screen attachment

1 Like

I have had bad experiences with Dutch genetics. Most prominently, white widow. Just very underwhelming. Also there is a Danish guy who sells under the breeder name new420guyseeds.com . He has a strain called Pibeurt. I.T is very fast flowering and is total garbage. Maybe ok for extracts, but not good flower.

2 Likes

Without a doubt the bag seed I used for my very first indoor grow. From a seed bank I donā€™t want to say worst that kind of implies it was total crap. But I was disappointed with Legends Ultimate Indica Which was all the rage at the time.

Looking through many of the current ā€œbreedersā€ catalogs I laugh my ass off. mutant strain X mutant strain = cool or catchy name. Not much different from 18 years ago just a much bigger selection of genetic crap with flowery names.

8 Likes

everything i got from canuk seeds, especially their white widow, low production and zero frost

4 Likes

Hahahaā€¦ Oh my.

Back in 2005 I ordered some ā€œEarly Specialā€ from Rhino Seeds. Supposedly Nirvana Seeds.

Strain Info

Early Special is Nirvana Seeds earliest flowering cannabis strain. Its genetics contain Siberian Ruderalis. Some individuals start flowering with 24 hours of light! Early Special is a strong yielder with a low-moderate THC level. It has a smooth semi fruity taste which can be enhanced under good growing and curing conditions. Early Special has vigorous flowering in good conditions and is very disease resistant. Early Special is very suitable for beginners.

THC level: Moderate 5-10%

Just gonna say, the ā€œlow thcā€ is accurate. Iā€™d be surprised if it hit 5%. No flavor, crappy yield, but it finished fast.

I just checked to see how much 2005 vs now prices areā€¦ I paid 17.50 for my order in 2005ā€¦ Now itā€™s 36.20 for the same order lol.

1 Like