Most Disappointing Strains

Agreed taste like poo

2 Likes

Ha, I forgot about this dormant thread.

At the time you posted this (over 2 years ago) I had not yet tried the SLH or any related crosses.

I finally grew out your SLH x Jesus OG last spring. I really enjoyed the flowers, lip smackinā€™ good,
and mucho potent as well. Real nice buds.
I recently started 6 more of the seeds you gave me, and I started the flower cycle a couple of days ago and am anxiously awaiting the number of girls I will have. Although I am hoping for 1 robust male whose pollen will be used to impregnate a couple choice females (I hope).
My ultimate intention being to distribute the seeds to the community.

Thanks Mr. Hanz!

6 Likes

I was just writing up about purple automazar that I picked up from Seed City through Kalashnikov seeds Thank God I only purchased three because it worse than my attempts to grow when I was an early teen.

Worse strains. Purple Mazar Auto- Kalashnikov tied with Early Skunk :skunk:- Seedsman. Smelled like hey. Was worse than mexi shwag daddy. Hehe!

They should be ashamed of themselves to name this company after such a badass rifle. :grin::+1:

5 Likes

any version of those beans suck ass :frowning:

wish I had read that years ago before I wasted a grow on those

all the best and be well

Dequilo

4 Likes

Just read through this old threadā€¦ What I got out of it is whatever I do donā€™t order anything from Greenhouse seeds or Crop King. Sound about right?

8 Likes

Youā€™re in Cali! Plenty of awesome resources there to obtain excellent cultivars, which I know you know Meesh :slight_smile:

Too much fockery with ordering from these overseas banks.

4 Likes

Maybe, except I am the most breeder, strain and seedbank ignorant pot grower in the land. lol Even after all this time, I have no idea where to look to tap Caliā€™s best seed sources. I will be sitting here for the next 5 months trying to figure out what to grow outside next year, mostly because I am just not savvy. Good thing Iā€™m better at sprouting seeds than finding them! lol

Funny you say that cuz I usually just order from Seedsman. I think they are in South America or something.

EDIT- Ive seen a few small seedbanks in the US that had great stuff, but they want me to blindly send them cash or a money order and I just wont do it. Iā€™m too worried about getting burned. If I cant paypal or use my debit card then its not happening. Being from Los Angeles has made me very jaded and I have no trust when it comes to money.

4 Likes

Cheesequake

I hear you. Iā€™m hesitant with some of the seed banks for cash + itā€™s a PITA. Though, there are are number of well vetted banks that require cash and have been around for years. The community knows the good ones from the bad.

And, there are a number of well vetted banks that take CC that are stateside, too.

1 Like

What Iā€™ve found when I started looking around, is there are many local clone stores here in Maine. They were for the medical caretakers/patients and some are selling to the public now. Many of them have seeds/clones of strains that have proven themselves for the local climate, or even in house bred crosses.

Uptown Funk by Brothers Grimm

Just say No! I grew out 5 plants and was excited about this strain because Rick Campanellaā€™s partner was bragging that it was something ā€œspecialā€. Rick wasnā€™t there that day to get it from the horses mouth.

It was special OK, so special I threw it all in the weeds for the critters to eatā€¦ā€¦ pure garbage!

3 Likes

Oh god, plenty. How much time you got? As I get older I just feel like the old guys in the theatre on The Muppets.

I am going to say Flo, Golden Goat, Blue Dream, Panama x Deep Chunk, and plenty of others.

I donā€™t really care for the Blue family, and Flo is chief among them. Boring flowery bullshit. Never gets me where I am trying to go.

Golden Goat has a pedigree that is to die for. All of my favorites come together to make some boring and generic weed apparently.

6 Likes

I have such mixed feelings on the Flo. First time I tried it I was kind of memorized by it. One of the first times trying a flower that had such a unique and robust flavor. Howeverā€¦that feeling quickly became replaced by the ā€œoh no not flo again!!ā€ vibe. Never was impressed by Golden Goat.

Now that Flo is no longer in my Galaxy, Iā€™m kind of missing it lol.

2 Likes

I donā€™t grow brand name strains and have never had a disappointing plant. Iā€™ve had plants that arenā€™t perfect but always perfect enough.

Well thatā€™s not true I had an 88g13/hp I wasnā€™t impressed with at all.

6 Likes