Most Disappointing Strains

Yeah ICE was some garbage.

1 Like

my friend’s “chemdawg”.

i don’t think i’ve ever had real chemdawg based on that experience/cut, because it was wiggity-wack.

just terrible.

c.s

7 Likes

Did you really just say “Wiggity Whacked”??lol

5 Likes

Autos are like anything else, very important the lineage. I can promise you that a good auto flower can finish with the same potency and quality as a regular flower. I have not grown a lot of autos, but from time to time they send them as freebies so I put them in dirt up on the roof. The last one I grew was n.y diesel x lowrider and It was very good. Don’t let bad genetics discourage you.

10 Likes

not exactly, but close enough. :wink:

update: chemdAWg is not chemdog or chem-d or chem-91. or anything else.

chem + dog = chemdog, officially. :nerd:

source: SkunkVA, The Pot Cast Episode 2 - Skunk VA of Lucky Dog Seed Co / ChemFamily

that was a LOT of chemDOG I had to sit through… :sweat:

:evergreen_tree:
c.s

3 Likes

Chemdawg was just JJ-NYC’s NYC slang twist on Chemdog/Chem 91. Pretty sure, anyway.

https://abakusmagazine.wordpress.com/2014/04/11/true-origins-of-chem-dog-and-sour-diesel-by-adam-dunn/

3 Likes

i went on to look up AJ sours diesel (apparently soma eventually admitted his NYC diesel has nothing to do with the original sour d) and saw this… absolutely disgusting

The delivery services back then were selling it for $50 a gram, two grams for $100. If you bought ten $100 jars, you would get one jar free; so that’s 22 grams for $1,000. We were paying our growers in New York City around $8,000 a pound. If you wholesaled it, you’d be lucky to get it for $9,600 a pound, but most people paid about $10,600.

4 Likes

Agreed. Totally uncool.

1 Like

I am so sorry man. I got those from MSNL a seed bank which is very reputable, will contact them and tell them about it. Maybe get a replacement or something, will send to your address in the event. Thanks man.

2 Likes

It’s all good. I appreciate the generous gift no matter the outcome. Much love and respect and good luck with the move. :cowboy_hat_face: maybe I just didn’t let it go long enough in flower. No worries.

2 Likes

They list the strain as LA Confidential, a pure indica plant. How is it that it ends in some shwaggy leafy quasi bud!

No way, the least they can do is answer and know that we found out about it man. People need to be more serious about they business. It’s a great seed bank man, that is what bothers me!

You think it possible someone switched the seeds!?

Anyway @oleskool830, just because of that you are gonna get some extra seeds from me in the giveaway, you are gonna get 6 of General’s Daughter by our beloved Master Jedi @Baudelaire!

Anyone here can attest to the quality of his genetics. Top of the line, and oleskool too, like you.

7 Likes

damn did you wet trim it? tasting like grass sounds like a curing issue unless it smelt like grass in flower too lol… that sucks to hear i think i have a 30 pack of LA confidential regulars from DNA i think?

4 Likes

yes had this once in the past, never wet trim since

2 Likes

Ok, @oleskool830

I fixed it for you man, spoke to the people at MSNL, and they will be glad to send repos, i gave them your address. You will be getting 10 of LA Confidential thru the mail, directly from the seed bank.

Talk about customer service. On a gift! LOL

PS.: i know the time and nutes dedicated to the grow was a waste of time and money, for that i am terribly sorry man. YOu got new seeds coming in the mail, aside the giveaway. If you had said nothing, this wouldn’t be happening.

Always speak out!

13 Likes

they must have read up on what OGers pack… :wink:

3 Likes

That was funny! HAHAHAA

1 Like

Cheese from Green House seeds… Small yield not overly impressive smell or buzz… It’s the plant I’ve harvested the most plants of and I Barley getting a 1/2oz in a 5 gal pot 2.5 month veg plant… almost no real bud production!

Right on @MadScientist! You are my hero! I know that these things are bound to happen once in a great while, and there are so many reprobates that will complain about anything if they think it will get them something for free. I’m afraid of being cast as one of those I think so I rarely follow through. Much respect to you and MSNL! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

never dug trainwreck, even the original arcata cut. susceptible to bud rot, generic limonene smell with no subtlety, and a boring high for me.
I have liked some hybrids, I had some ‘maple wreck’ one time that was amazing, and I am excited to eventually try some bodhi afgooey x startrain (stardawg x trainwreck) f2 seeds that I have.

4 Likes

Star train I believe is a Trainwreck X Sensi Star
Haven’t seen that cross around for a while. F2s sounds like a very exciting cross to run. For sure keep us posted on that.

I kinda agree with you on the trainwreck… I went back and forth on it. Was super popular in the early/mid 00s when ECSDiesel, Afgooey, and other strains were all the rage. Very lanky strain but I kinda liked the nose and buzz on it. Just growing it was kinda lanky and stuff. The Afwreck was certainly an improvement but didn’t have the same effect that I sought after the Trainwreck for.

4 Likes